Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:40 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,925 times

Advertisements

Know them in the bible is not by accident-----1 Thess. 5:12.

We know former hookers but are they John 3:5 mockers or what ?

We know former junkies but are they Hebrews 4 mockers or what ?

We know former drunks but are they 1 Peter 3:3 mockers or what ?

We know former rednecks but are they 1 Cor. 14:34-35 mockers or what ?

We know former robbers but are they 1 Peter 4:1-4 mockers or what ?

We know former thugs but are they 2 Peter 1:20-21 mockers or what ?

We know former old law legalists but are they 1 Timothy 6 mockers or what ?

We know people obeying the 10 comandments since their youth but are they Romans 7:2-3
mockers or what ?

We know great lovers in marriage but are they 1 John 2:15 mockers or what ?

We know great tycoons in business but are they Luke 3:14 mockers or what ?

We know theology students enough but are they 1 John 2:27 mockers or what ?

We know people witnessing about God enough but are they Matthew 7:6 mockers or what ?

We know the name and claim anything people enough but are they Romans 12:3 mockers or what ?

We know the speak in tongues people enough but are they Romans 11:29 mockers or what ?

We know the optimistic people enough but are they Matthew 10:34-37 mockers or what ?

We know the blood boasters enough but are they Romans 6:1 mockers or what ?

We know the people hearing a voice enough but are they Romans 10:17 mockers or what ?

We know the witty people enough but are they Jeremiah 10:23 mockers or what ?

We know the confident people enough but are they 1 Cor. 8:2 mockers or what ?

We know the positive people enough but are they James 3:2 mockers or what ?

We know the don't judge me people enough but are they James 5:20 mockers or what ?

We know the fellowship with people crowd enough but are they 2 Cor. 6 mockers or what ?

We know the praying people for everybody enough but are they John 17:9 mockers or what ?

We know the praise report of people enough but are they Psalms 107:2 mockers or what ?

We know the people with a check in the mail they didn't expect enough but are they
Matthew 7:21-24 mockers or what ?

We know the tithers of their income enough but are they Galations 1:8-9 mockers or what ?

We know the followers of big shots enough but are they Matthew 15:14 mockers or what ?

We know the people scared of money crooks enough but are they 1 Cor. 9:14 mockers or what ?

We know the crowd overwhelmed by bible verses enough but are they 2 Cor. 4:3 mockers or what ?

We know the 90% bible believers enough but are they John 8:31 mockers or what ?

We know the teachers with theology enough but are they 2 Tim. 3:16 mockers or what ?

We know the wisdom of man people enough but are they Matthew 4:4 mockers or what ?

We know people with ministry everywhere enough but are they mockers of ALL of 1 Cor. 14 or
what ?

We know bilingual people enough but are they mockers of 1 John 2:27 or what ?

We know people with their own business enough but are they mockers of Rev. 22:18-19 or what ?

We know people never missing bible class but are they mockers of 2 Timothy 2:15 or what ?

We know the generousity people of the world enough but are they mockers of 2 Thess. 3:10 or what ?

We know the humble people of the world enough but are they mockers of Titus 3:10 or what ?

We know people with fake unity enough but are they mockers of Amos 3:3 or what ?

We know the people hoping everybody is a child of God but are they John 8:44 mockers or what ?

We know the people into receiving all the Jesus confessing people together enough but are they
Ephesians 4:5 mockers or what ?

We know the people with ministry to the new widows and orphans enough but are they mockers of
1 Timothy 5:9 or what ?

We know the people living out the 2 greatest commandments enough but are they mockers of
Matthew 5:17-20 or what ?

We know the people preaching on a good name enough but are they mockers of Luke 6:26 or what ?

We know the Son of God believers enough but are they John 8:24 mockers or what ?

We know the church service people on Dec. 25 and in April but are they mockers of John 4:24 or what ?

Time to reshape with a thing called unity with 100% bible believers---Psalms 133:1 and Amos 3:3 !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Very good post but as we know we can only know them by their fruits and there is a lot of rotten fruit in this world weather well intended or not.

Say a hooker comes to Christ yet returns to her career of hooking, I know we are all works in progress and we need to pray for her and support her spiritually.

Or a drunk comes to Christ but still gets drunk.

Here is one I will most likely catch flack for, a homosexual comes to Christ but returns to the lifestyle.

Are these fellow sinners truly changing or are they merely mocking. How much change have they made? Are they improving?

Hey I drink but don't get drunk. I lust but don't act on the lust. I get angry but don't lash out. Have I changed? Yes according to those who knew me before coming to Christ. Do I backslide from time to time? Yes to that as well. Do I make excuses? No because excuses are merely unintended lies in the works. I fall but I get back up and when I fall bad Christ picks me up and carries me, He is always there and it is up to me to walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

Mockers, you will know them by their fruits.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
We know that many will explain, justify, or defend their beliefs and actions, while condemning others.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Yup.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:54 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
....Are these fellow sinners truly changing or are they merely mocking. How much change have they made? Are they improving?....Mockers, you will know them by their fruits.
I think this question could be posed in non-religious circumstances with as much benefit as well.

"Mockers" strikes me as a bizarre term in light of some of the examples.

Someone who tries, but fails is a "mocker"? I think not. Someone who pledges to attempt certain actions or lifestyles, and repeatedly does not come through is another matter - that person is likely to be self-deluded or perhaps a manipulative hypocrite.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,925 times
Default The Real Heart Of The Matter

Sure you can have fruit of the Holy Spirit but anybody mocking Matthew 7:21-24 is not a child of God !!

Change shows the fruit of the Holy Spirit but what about a bible perfection heart ----John 8:31 ?

Wisdom of man can have programs showing success with people changing but what they care
about stuff like :

water baptism---John 3:5
modest attire---1 Peter 3:3
Sabbath rest---Hebrews 4.
women church rules---1 Cor. 14:34-35

quote=RobinD69;31885587]Very good post but as we know we can only know them by their fruits and there is a lot of rotten fruit in this world weather well intended or not.

Say a hooker comes to Christ yet returns to her career of hooking, I know we are all works in progress and we need to pray for her and support her spiritually.

Or a drunk comes to Christ but still gets drunk.

Here is one I will most likely catch flack for, a homosexual comes to Christ but returns to the lifestyle.

Are these fellow sinners truly changing or are they merely mocking. How much change have they made? Are they improving?

Hey I drink but don't get drunk. I lust but don't act on the lust. I get angry but don't lash out. Have I changed? Yes according to those who knew me before coming to Christ. Do I backslide from time to time? Yes to that as well. Do I make excuses? No because excuses are merely unintended lies in the works. I fall but I get back up and when I fall bad Christ picks me up and carries me, He is always there and it is up to me to walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

Mockers, you will know them by their fruits.[/quote]

Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Am I Judging You If I Want To Know You And Seek Fellowship With Real Bible Believers Only ?
I don't know. Jesus associated with a number of people you probably wouldn't "seek fellowship with."

Old 10-22-2013, 03:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't know. Jesus associated with a number of people you probably wouldn't "seek fellowship with."
He also hung around pharisees and religious folk.

But the Bible does tell us to not give up meeting with each other. We ought to seek fellowship with other Christians.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He also hung around pharisees and religious folk.

But the Bible does tell us to not give up meeting with each other. We ought to seek fellowship with other Christians.
Of course we should. I don't disagree with that. But what I got out of the OP (and I'm never 100% sure I get out of tonytonytony's OPs what he would like me to get out of them), it seemed to me as if he was asking if Christians are being judgmental if they only want to associate with people who believe as they do. My answer merely reflected the fact that Jesus associated with everyone He felt He could be of help to.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Of course we should. I don't disagree with that. But what I got out of the OP (and I'm never 100% sure I get out of tonytonytony's OPs what he would like me to get out of them), it seemed to me as if he was asking if Christians are being judgmental if they only want to associate with people who believe as they do. My answer merely reflected the fact that Jesus associated with everyone He felt He could be of help to.
No argument. I think Jesus did hang around both. I also think, though, that we are commanded to be around other Christians and fellowship -- it builds up our faith. Does that mean we CAN'T be around non-believers? I don't think anyone believes that here....I mean, we're on a message board with a wide range of religious beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity