Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
is it really affecting anything?.
True dat.

What are fixing our eyes on? Everything but Him - or Him alone? And a nod to romans519; if we can't believe God is greater than sin, are we really believers? Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for...

...righteousness! That's right, Abraham's sin wasn't even mentioned by God, but rather the covenant took center stage between the two (he and the Lord). That's how we are to live. This OSAS stuff is based on our mixing the law of sin and the law of grace, but you can't mix the two. He said, "Abide in Me" and then the life we now live, we live by the faith of the Son of God.

Cruise control of the Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 07:00 PM

264 posts, read 351,110 times
Let's just say that there is a difference between saved to live again and to inherit the kingdom of God which is to be chosen to rule and reign with Christ as kings and priests for God which is the high calling that Paul spoke of and hoped to make.. Christ died so that ALL MEN could have the option to live again, but when they reject to receive the Word and Spirit to be reborn from above, they remain in their ungodly state. So while some will inherit the Bride(city heavenly Jerusalem) other's will not have made the heavenly hope even though they believe and will live outside the City as the saved nations because they did not overcome their flesh and the rest who rejected Christ and are unbelievers have their part in the lake of fire(in Hot water, with God)

Here are SOME supporting scriptures, but not all of them:
1 Cor 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV
1 Cor 3:11-15
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV
Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV

Know this.. that saved does not mean living in luxury for you shall reap what so ever you have sown in this life and if your works are not worthy(internal works of the heart where God sees) and you still allow your flesh to dictate your life and cause you to sin, you will be a servant to those who did use this time to overcome the beastly nature.
Blessings

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: misplaced sentance, and added something

Old 11-06-2013, 01:17 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Romans is one of the most definitive books in the New Testament proclaiming the Universal Salvation of mankind. It's very clear once the scales fall from the spiritual eyes.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:19 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yet, a chapter earlier, in Rom 7:19 Paul stated "For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."

If you're going to impose your view of works-salvation on Romans 8, then Paul is damned.
Exactly, Vizio. And who shall lay any charge to God's elect? Do you? It is God who justifies. So how dare we condemn? Or do you compare yourself with others rather than believing the testimony that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,702 times
I'll make this real simple. I believe in Once Saved, Always Saved... but in a different way than most people do.

It applies only to people who ARE TRULY SAVED. Many... possibly most... people who answer an altar call or pray a pre-written prayer really aren't saved. A person who is truly saved CANNOT renounce his salvation in word or deed. He won't be able to say that he has renounced Christ, and he won't be able to sin without being convicted and goaded by the Holy Spirit that he's doing wrong. Forget about "living in sin"... he wouldn't be able to tolerate the pressure by the Spirit.

Therefore, anyone who renounces Christ, or is able to live in unrepentant sin, was never saved to begin with and had no salvation to lose.

John 10:27 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

If you are one of Jesus' "sheep" (meaning, one who has accepted Him and as such is saved), you will listen to Jesus and follow Jesus. If you fail in those regards and do not very soon (perhaps immediately) feel remorse at having done so, you prove that you are not actually one of Jesus' sheep.

So, once saved, always saved... but most who claim to be saved really aren't. Most who claim to be Christian really aren't. Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction and many pass through it.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM

238 posts, read 270,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
John 10:27 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
If you are one of Jesus' "sheep" (meaning, one who has accepted Him and as such is saved),
you will listen to Jesus and follow Jesus.
Yes, and enduring with this until death.

I have met many Romani gypsies in Bulgaria.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 AM

238 posts, read 270,616 times

Still ... none of you are addressing Romans 6:15-23 in the OP.

IMO, Paul is just giving them reasons why they do NOT have to CONTINUE to be slaves of sin,
with the inevitable result of eternal death (which he mentions 3 times in those 9 verses).

C'mon guys, you can do it.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:35 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post

Still ... none of you are addressing Romans 6:15-23 in the OP.

IMO, Paul is just giving them reasons why they do NOT have to CONTINUE to be slaves of sin,
with the inevitable result of eternal death (which he mentions 3 times in those 9 verses).

C'mon guys, you can do it.
Do I have to? I don't disagree with it in any way. Anyone who is "enslaved to sin" is not saved. People who are saved will still sin, albeit less frequently than people who aren't saved... but they'll be convicted of their sin and as such it cannot be said that they are enslaved to sin. They don't serve sin the way unsaved people do.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
When you read threads like this, you cannot help but think Christianity has become more about quitting sin than living righteously. We don't quit sinning to live righteously, we live righteously and sin is taken care of.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We don't quit sinning to live righteously, we live righteously and sin is taken care of.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity