Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 AM

668 posts, read 693,520 times

Advertisements

I am confidant that if a single fire has been started by one of these balloons the North Korans would have exploited it to the fullest measure. Therefore you can rest assured that there have been no such incidents.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-10-2013 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: off topic and personally attacking other posters who do not believe as you do

Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,549,649 times
You can't eat a Bible. How 'bout air-dropping some non-perishable food items?

Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You can't eat a Bible. How 'bout air-dropping some non-perishable food items?
It happens all the time. This is a common thing in Korea. They send all kinds of stuff via balloon into North Korea. Do a little search and you will find they send everything from food to underwear this way.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 AM

7,747 posts, read 12,692,681 times
The word has to be spread out by any means necessary. I've watch documentaries on various Christians that are in North Korea. Alot of the North Koreans are secret Christians. They keep it to themselves for fear of the government finding out and killing either them or their families. Major prayers go out to them. I want to do something in the future to help.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,218,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
I am confidant that if a single fire has been started by one of these balloons the North Korans would have exploited it to the fullest measure. Therefore you can rest assured that there have been no such incidents.

I do find it telling that some find the need to attack all Christians by coming into a Christian forum and making such comments. It seems even some mod's are just trolls on CD. So sad.
I simply know what a hydrogen filled balloon can do.

You would probably see the danger if they had been filling them with propane, LPG or acetylene.

Those would be much safer and less explosive than Hydrogen. There is a reason why in most nations it is illegal to fill balloons with hydrogen. If any person in the USA were to get caught releasing even one 6 inch diameter hydrogen filled balloon they would be arrested on explosive charges.

I am not criticizing the sending of bibles into North Korea I am appalled at the method. Especially the huge number. 50,000 Balloons in the past year. and as the link said from May to October. That is in 210 days for an average of about 250 Balloons daily. Not little balloons, 40 foot long balloons. All filled with a highly explosive gas.

This is not an issue of religion, it is an issue of sending an explosive device into another nation.

ADDENDUM: They could do it safely, by using Helium.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
North Koreans continue to suffer from starvation and malnutrition. I don't suppose anyone in that group thought about dropping food.
Moderator cut: delete. The biggest church in the world, Yoido Full Gospel Church in South Korea, has a ministry dedicated specifically to sending food and all kinds of AID to North Korea free!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: personal assumption and insulting

Old 11-10-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned The biggest church in the world, Yoido Full Gospel Church in South Korea, has a ministry dedicated specifically to sending food and all kinds of AID to North Korea free!
I doubt if they are doing it by sending them by balloons filled with an explosive gas. If they are doing it by balloon I believe they would be responsible enough to use non-Explosive Helium. Instead of explosive gases like Propane, LPG or hydrogen.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-10-2013 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I doubt if they are doing it by sending them by balloons filled with an explosive gas. If they are doing it by balloon I believe they would be responsible enough to use non-Explosive Helium. Instead of explosive gases like Propane, LPG or hydrogen.
I never said they were sending food by balloons. They send it by ships and cargo just like America.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I never said they were sending food by balloons. They send it by ships and cargo just like America.
That I am glad to hear. That I am willing to support.

I also would not object if they used balloons provided the balloons were filled with non-Explosive Helium

Old 11-10-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That I am glad to hear. That I am willing to support.

I also would not object if they used balloons provided the balloons were filled with non-Explosive Helium
I don't see why you have a problem with the use of these balloons. Since they use a GPS device to trigger the release of the payload to insure all is delivered near the desired drop location. The balloon then would just shoot straight up since there is no load to stop it's assent. As the balloon rises it continues to expand as the atmosphere becomes thinner until the pressure from within causes it to burst releasing the gas high in the atmosphere. How can that cause damage on earth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity