Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Your are correct when you say that you do not know that God and you do not believe His Word either as I can see, for I showed you the scripture but you can not receive the love of the truth.

God has shown His love for me time and time again. My family knows the blessings of a loving, awesome God. No need to show me scripture (which I've read, BTW) when God Himself has revealed His love to me. What is that? 'No! You're wrong! The Bible says he's going to slap people on the street!!'

Sorry to disappoint you but I KNOW God loves us more than we can understand. No wrath. Just love. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM

264 posts, read 351,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
What a cheerful thread. Maybe add some nice holiday tunes in with it.

Silent night lyrics - Christmas carol - Christmas song 2011 - piano and voice music - YouTube

Yes Jesus loves me this I know... but to be an ostrich does not help you when you can't hear the love of the Truth to LIVE BY.
Isa 48:22
22 There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.
KJV
Ezek 3:17-22
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee.
KJV

Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
God has shown His love for me time and time again. My family knows the blessings of a loving, awesome God. No need to show me scripture (which I've read, BTW) when God Himself has revealed His love to me. What is that? 'No! You're wrong! The Bible says he's going to slap people on the street!!'

Sorry to disappoint you but I KNOW God loves us more than we can understand. No wrath. Just love. Yay!

I am talking about the WICKED being destroyed, not those who have the Love of God being His Word within them. Who's side are you on?
God is not the one of LAWLESSNESS that this earth is following to their destruction. God will save those who are under the BLOOD OF THE DOOR POST, but be SURE that the birth pains are the labor that is coming upon the WHOLE WORLD to see who is able to stand in this day of TEMPTATION as the heavens and the earth, meaning the people in them are being SHAKEN out of their comfort zones as they are being EXPOSED for what they are and what they have done to cast them into the fires of hellish lives.

If you say that it is not God who controls His creation meaning the earth and weather, and beasts, and withhold rain that brings famine, and brings the sword against them into judgment to war against one another when a nation needs correction.Then you are saying that the DEVIL IS god and has taken over God's place... and that WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
You best read some more of the story of JOB, for that would be a good start for you and see jsut WHO CONTROLS the waters, weather, earth foundations and all GOD'S CREATION, it is not the devils control.
If you are in Christ then you are spiritual Israel and here is what God says to anyone who is called His people rather they be natural Jew or a spiritual Jew:
Hos 4:1-6
4:1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.
4 Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest.
5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
KJV

And just incase you want to shout THERE IS NO MORE LAW, taking away our daily sacrifices that allows our FLESH MAN to die off. Please take heed to what Paul warns in Romans to THE BELIEVERS:
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV

Old 11-18-2013, 11:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
I am talking about the WICKED being destroyed,
Sorry, I spend zero time thinking about that. I leave that to the fundamentalists and Bible Believers who seem to enjoy the topic. You're going to have to find someone else who does if you want to exchange Bible verses on mankind's doom. I only stopped by to state that I don't believe in your judgemental God. Because right here, in this life, I've been shown he is a merciful Creator.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I spend zero time thinking about that. I leave that to the fundamentalists and Bible Believers who seem to enjoy the topic.
Wake up from your SLEEP oh BELOVED (song of solo-man)
Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
KJV
1 Thess 5:1-9
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
KJV

Old 11-18-2013, 11:51 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,202,490 times
God's judgments are nothing like man's - when you (believer) gave your life to Him, His judgment just fell. Love breaks man down. A good example of the difference is He feeds His sheep, yet preachers beat them with law.

That's the spirit of this thread, btw.

As for the world's ills, I truly believe it's believers who have not taken their place and changed it into the Kingdom.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
...snip...

You words show you are like one who a friend warns " BE CAREFULL, THERE IS A BIG PIT IN THE ROAD UP AHEAD, TURN AROUND AND GO ANOTHER WAY" because they care.Yet you don't listen to them saying stay out of my business and in fact you get angry with them for stopping YOU from letting you go down the path that you wanted to go and will probably not heed their loving warning and even end up blaming them for not STRESSING how dangerous it really was and you fell in!
If we know our friend is prone to hallucinations, we can thank him for caring and continue - quite safely - down the non-pitted road.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,242,543 times
Are we talking about the seven year tribulation or the thousand year reign?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Are we talking about the seven year tribulation or the thousand year reign?
We are talking about THIS that Jesus spoke of:
Luke 21:25-28
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
KJV

Most of the believers who have responded to my post have failed to realize that the distress of the nations due to overthrowing powers, acts of God, poverty, war and rumors of wars, with perplexity and the sea and waves roaring, being floods, hurricanes, sunames, typhoons, while not something to boast about are due to man's sin and God's judgments (Sodom and Gommorah, Egypt's 10 plaques) and men's heart failing because THEY are not standing in FAITH, but have no hope because they reject the love of the Truth that GOD IS JUDGING WICKEDNESS in the earth now. And they are standing along side the ungodly saying THIS IS NOT GOD, GOD IS GOING TO SAVE YOU, when the judgment is FOR THE UNGODLY. Not those of good understanding, they should be recognizing the Works of the HAND OF GOD!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
sigh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity