Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
You don't mean those who walk by faith to take God at His Word.. do you?...snip...
I mean people who let a book do their thinking for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 12:12 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Look a little closer. Any form of thinking and believing of ours that is contrary to the thoughts and ways of God. A man's enemies shall be those of his own household.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:14 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,943,946 times
God gives special attention to those that give Him special attention.
The attention you want is the one you are working at.
If what you are working on is rebellion, that is the attention you feed on and act on .
Would you have God force you to be zombie obedient ?
That's not what He's after.
That's what Satan is after.
This kind of Zombie doesn't even know it's happening ,but by preference in lifestyle invite that influence and are a voluntary puppet much like Obama.
People still make choices ,but the preference in their choosing is guided by the negative, not by God.
Some even choose to confuse the two.
It feels better that way.
As to the OP.
God has no enemies .
The whole thing could be burned up, and restart the whole thing over again .
God is not on a timed agenda .
He has threatened to reset a few times according to the old testament , besides the flood.
I wouldn't blame Him in the least, either.
Not my place to to begin with , No one is His equal .
Scientist say we are past due for another ice age or solar event or impact ,or ,or, or.
I'm not predicting any thing, but I'm glad not to be too attached to this world , will help those whom I am instructed to help .
I am thankful to have God's friendship, and sad for those choosing to remain rebellious .

Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The answer is every soul that rejects His Word, for they are anti-Christ(oppose-The Word). So, if you are a believer in Christ, have you been deceived by thinking that the ungodly world is your friend?
Aren't we just supposed to go out into the lost world and drag them out of the FIRE OF HELL? To bring them into the household of God? They are not our people, they are the enemies of God until they repent and turn from their wicked ways.

Our war as a Christian soldier is against the unclean spirit that is in those of ungodly nature, it is not against them as to harm them in anyway, but we do not hang out with them other than to witness to the Truth and offer them to accept Christ or not. We can not neglect our family whom the Lord put in our hands to care for but we may not even be able to save them. But as for joining in with ungodly behavior by joining in with those who want nothing to do with God or to know Christ, we must separate ourselves from them.
There is a false Christianity that we see more and more growing that accepts gays, gay rights, gay marriages, abortion and many other lawless acts that are CLEARLY against The Word, anti-Christ saying smooth things like we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER and are of the "Have it your way mentality" to their destruction. They call evil good and good evil. They want to stone those who say it is morally wrong, calling them HATE MONGERS, claiming them being prejudice and taking away their FREEDOMS. Not even considering what God calls evil.
God still hates sin and all wickedness and those who find pleasure in those who do wickedness shall be destroyed by a reprobate mind right along with them.

To save space, I have only pasted this, but if you seek truth and have a Bible you should read it all.
Rom 1:26-2:1
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
KJV
Yep, I love gay people so that I may follow Jesus' commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself." It doesn't mean any sin they commit shall be overlooked by God, just like it doesn't mean that divorced people who fill our churches ignoring Jesus' command not to commit adultery (and they live continually in adultery) should necessarily be kicked out.

It doesn't mean fat people--I'd rather be called fat than a glutton--are excused from sin either. But fat people are welcomed in our churches by the TONS--pun intended.

But self-righteous people, who disgusted Jesus more than any other types (read his statements about those vipers of the synagogue, the Pharisees) are the ones calling on the rest of us not to reach out to a certain percentage of people, who, despite any sin they may have, are still God's creation.

Once I get my weight down about 50-60 pounds I at least won't be a judgmental hypocrite for pointing out gays as terrible people. But I would still be judgmental and Jesus said, "DON'T DO THAT!"

Let's see how Jesus did it when He walked among us. Ooops, He hung out with tax collectors, with people who drank heavily, he even spoke highly of SAMARITANS, for heaven's sake, when they did the RIGHT thing.

Jesus went to people who were in need of help. The kind of Christian being proposed in the above quoted post is trying to avoid people who need help and bring them to their knees by castigating them rather than living like Jesus before them.

The enemy of God is often within His own group. Was not Judas a betrayer? Was not Paul, the one judgmental people are so fond of quoting a braggart about who he was--and how HE, not Jesus, was saving people.

Paul mocked James, Peter (Cephas), and John. He scolded Barnabas and rebuked Peter, Galatians 2:9, 11-14. In true contradictory style, he portrayed Peter as a hypocrite to his Galatian audience, and then boasted of himself, displaying a worse behavior to the Corinthians, saying, “I become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some”, I Corinthians 9:19-22. Note that Paul declares he is the one who gains the more, and that he is the one who is saving some.

James decreed that the Gentiles must abstain from four points of the law. This is mentioned twice in the same chapter,
Acts 15:20, 29. Paul then wrote to the Galatian church and told them that they (the apostles) desired “only they would that we should remember the poor”, Galatians 2:10. This is not what James said, which is confirmed by Acts 15:20, 29. Nowhere is there any mention of ‘the poor’ by James. Paul conveniently left out the four points of law in his letter to the Galatians. Paul lied.

Hold on, it gets worse! In
Galatians 1:20, before Paul’s statement in 2:10, he told the Galatians “Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not”. Paul is again caught lying, red handed Paul had the audacity to preface his lie with an oath of honesty...before God!

Read what Jesus had to say about this type of oath (before God), Matthew 5:33-37. Read what James said, too, (James 5:12)

Now you can listen to Paul all you want, and he does occasionally have some interesting things to say. But to listen to Paul passing judgment on people when he, himself, refused direction that came from those who had walked and talked with Jesus?????

Just how Godly is that behavior? Christians need to spend more time on the beam in their own eye, than worrying about the speck in those of others. Let God do the judging, and be a real Christian and do the witnessing----AND REFUSE NO MAN OR WOMAN THE RIGHT TO ENTER GOD'S HOUSE TO WORSHIP HIM, and seek a closer walk with Him.

A church should be a hospital for sinners, not a sanctuary for the self-righteous.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-19-2013 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM

269 posts, read 208,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Look a little closer. Any form of thinking and believing of ours that is contrary to the thoughts and ways of God. A man's enemies shall be those of his own household.
prove it.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
prove it.
Go and sow something

Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM

269 posts, read 208,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Go and sow something
so you can't prove it and resort to straw men in order to take the attention off of the fact that you can't?

ok....so you can't prove it....then why assert a statement as if it were factual if you cannot prove it?

Old 11-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
prove it.
A man's own enemies are more often than not what he thinks and believes. As a man thinks so is he. When I say his own household, I am meaning himself.

For what it is worth,I do not believe God's got any enemies

Also in respect to proving it, why do I need to ?, it is not like I'm trying to convert you to my way of thinking.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 PM

9,696 posts, read 10,045,032 times
Actually the enemies of God are the devil and demons and fallen angels and power of darkness , and all the lost people who have pass on from this world , and that is it ..... See the people alive in the earth are under the protection of God which is a limited protection , but still a protection , and if Christians attack non believers God could correct the Christian if they are lead by the spirit , and will be told to let it go and stop attacking the non believer .... See God has a plan for every one alive in the earth and know their names and has a constant Holy Angels of God keeping watch over every person in the earth waiting for them to be interested in Jesus Christ , and God would protect His plan for their salvation ..... But if they do pass on with out Jesus spirit , then they become Gods enemy

Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM

400 posts, read 602,733 times
I was reading a sermon by Jonathan Edwards, not the National Enquirer John Edwards. I like these old timers. They dealt with the same issues we do today, but these guys could actually formulate a thought and write a complete sentence.

The point of Edward's sermon was that all natural men are at enmity with God. As such He sent His son to reconcile us to Him. That's His love. I know, Bible 101 stuff. But, from what I've been reading many don't see the cause-effect or problem-solution.

It's not easy to man-up and be Christ-like. These words by Father Damien, priest to the lepers often comes to mind,
Quote:
“My greatest pleasure is to serve the Lord in his poor children rejected by other people. I make myself a leper with the lepers to gain all to Jesus Christ.”
He died at age 49 from the 'disease of the outcasts'. Father Damien was actually criticized by some Protestant pastors. Robert Louis Stevenson, author and Presbyterian himself, responded to these criticisms in Father Damien – An Open Letter to the Reverend Dr. Hyde of Honolulu.
Quote:
But, sir, when we have failed, and another has succeeded; when we have stood by, and another has stepped in; when we sit and grow bulky in our charming mansions, and a plain, uncouth peasant steps into the battle, under the eyes of God, and succours the afflicted, and consoles the dying, and is himself afflicted in his turn, and dies upon the field of honour – the battle cannot be retrieved as your unhappy irritation has suggested. It is a lost battle, and lost for ever. One thing remained to you in your defeat – some rags of common honour; and these you have made haste to cast away. You are one of those who have an eye for faults and failures; that you take a pleasure to find and publish them; and that, having found them, you make haste to forget the overvailing virtues and the real success which had alone introduced them to your knowledge. It is a dangerous frame of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity