Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Will God Do Eternally To The Wicked?
Annihilation 3 18.75%
Eternal Torment 8 50.00%
Heaven 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:11 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,059,009 times

Advertisements

Moses said that if God would not remove the sin from sinners that he would rather be blotted out of the book of life.

Exo 32:32 And now if thou wilt forgive their sin, forgive it; and if not, blot me out of thy book, which thou hast written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Moses said that if God would not remove the sin from sinners that he would rather be blotted out of the book of life.

Exo 32:32 And now if thou wilt forgive their sin, forgive it; and if not, blot me out of thy book, which thou hast written.
And for those who think they can't have that happen, it is made clear here

KJV Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

If one does not overcome, his name will be blotted out. Makes no sense without both options and is affirmation of EX 32:32.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,815,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
To overcome evil with good.
So how does God overcome evil, when evil lasts forever via unending punishment?

Old 12-02-2013, 09:39 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,462,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
So how does God overcome evil, when evil lasts forever via unending punishment?
Excellent question.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And for those who think they can't have that happen, it is made clear here

KJV Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

If one does not overcome, his name will be blotted out. Makes no sense without both options and is affirmation of EX 32:32.
Thankfully, with Christ we shall ALL (Universally) overcome.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,337,228 times
D) - None of the above.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM

15,049 posts, read 9,952,356 times
If wicked means, unjustifiable
and
eternally means , outside of time

Then it ain't good.

But.... that's not department. Let me refer you...

Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Thankfully, with Christ we shall ALL (Universally) overcome.
He said not all would listen and be saved. It is NOT a forced salvation, but a choice.

KJV Matt: 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. ...21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He knows far better than we do.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He said not all would listen and be saved. It is NOT a forced salvation, but a choice.

KJV Matt: 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. ...21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He knows far better than we do.
It's a forced salvation. Also, your not understanding Matthew 7:14. It says Few are FINDING It and not as few shall EVER Find it. It was said in present tense meaning at that time there were few finding it.

And for verses 22-23 they say nothing about the duration. It is understand that only a FEW are CHOSEN at this time. Just as there was only a few chosen in the Old Testament (The Levites). It didn't mean the rest of Israel was toss out.

Consider that Jesus came to destroy sin:

1Jn_3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

He destroys sinners by destroying sin. He doesn't toss out the baby with the bathwater.

Besides, Eternal Torment means sin is never destroyed. It is just a relocation plan that is not of the Lord's teaching.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 PM

212 posts, read 259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Eternal Death (Conditional Immortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

Using these three options based on Gary Amirault's comments above and discussions on the forum I thought it would be interesting to see where people are currently at. Gary Amirault said he's been in all three groups over the years and said there are sincere believers in each.

I didn't check the multiple choice box, maybe some think more than one apply.

If "wicked" is defined as opposing the Natural Law of nature, the eternal punishment would be Extinction of the species in a second death, from which the individual members would never again appear in the realm of the god of the living:

Mark 12:27
He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity