Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM

113 posts, read 151,880 times

Advertisements

Being a worship leader I consider it as an amazing responsibility but more as a blessing because you are being entrusted to carry people into his presence and glory. As we carry out this mandate from God one thing becomes eminent is that there are a lot things to consider before, during and after a worship service.

One of those things to really consider is the team you are working with that is a choir, worship team, singers, vocalist, soloists or ministry team.

And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah… Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you”…“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever”…“And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten”. 2 Chronicles 20: 3, 17, 21-22

King Jehoshaphat was a worship leader but he wasn’t part of the worship team or band and back in the day Kings where part of a lot of things. One thing true is that King Jehoshaphat was a worshipper personally and here in 2 Chronicles they are faced with an imminent war and in that tight place King Jehoshaphat decided to

1. Seek the face of the Lord: Leading worship means that you have to spend time with the maker alone create a real relationship with him. Devotional time alone with the maker is so important and crucial in life. Someone once said to me “you can never take people to place where you have never been personally in worship”. Seeking his face is the place of answers and it’s the place of his where you personally worship. Your personal encounters in his presence culminate to your public worship and also to your worship leading.

2. Hearing from the Lord: this is crucial in worship leading hearing from the Lord, He is always doing a specific job in people and we shouldn’t take a worship session lightly. Hearing from Him guarantees that he is going to take over and at times you will not have all the answers when you start leading but always looking for the Holy Spirit to guide you into place where He is. Jehoshaphat war strategy was praise and not swords, hear from God his strategy.

3. Appointed people to their post and places of gifting’s: I personally believe that worship leading is also about knowing the arsenal in your team and know when and where to use it. Some teams are not blessed with skill but with worshippers who know how to pull on the heavens and for me leading means knowing whom to deploy when you get to certain places in worship.

4. The object of worship was God: here is war, people coming with warriors, blades and if it was today guns and God says don’t carry anything, carry your worship instrument and your worship. Jehoshaphat then commands people to “praise the beauty of holiness”,” Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever”. The worship was directed to God his beauty and power more than anything else they wanted. Worship leading means directing people to the footstool of the maker more than anything and to keep reminding them of where God wants them to come to.

Worship leading is one of man’s greatest blessings in life and that ability to connect personally with the Maker changes a lot of things and if we can stand as worship leaders and come to a place where we seek the Lord, have a real and personal relationship and that grace will spill into the worship team.

“The team will never do what their leader never does”.

Worship Leading before an audience starts with the worship team and being able hear from Lord, use gifting’s in your teams wisely and also making sure that all our worship stays and goes to Him alone, then we have a good foundation to leading audiences and nations in worship .

“Leading Them Into The Beauty Of His Holiness”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 AM

14,990 posts, read 9,921,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkofWorship View Post
Being a worship leader I consider it as an amazing responsibility but more as a blessing because you are being entrusted to carry people into his presence and glory. As we carry out this mandate from God one thing becomes eminent is that there are a lot things to consider before, during and after a worship service.

One of those things to really consider is the team you are working with that is a choir, worship team, singers, vocalist, soloists or ministry team.

And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah… Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you”…“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever”…“And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten”. 2 Chronicles 20: 3, 17, 21-22

King Jehoshaphat was a worship leader but he wasn’t part of the worship team or band and back in the day Kings where part of a lot of things. One thing true is that King Jehoshaphat was a worshipper personally and here in 2 Chronicles they are faced with an imminent war and in that tight place King Jehoshaphat decided to

1. Seek the face of the Lord: Leading worship means that you have to spend time with the maker alone create a real relationship with him. Devotional time alone with the maker is so important and crucial in life. Someone once said to me “you can never take people to place where you have never been personally in worship”. Seeking his face is the place of answers and it’s the place of his where you personally worship. Your personal encounters in his presence culminate to your public worship and also to your worship leading.

2. Hearing from the Lord: this is crucial in worship leading hearing from the Lord, He is always doing a specific job in people and we shouldn’t take a worship session lightly. Hearing from Him guarantees that he is going to take over and at times you will not have all the answers when you start leading but always looking for the Holy Spirit to guide you into place where He is. Jehoshaphat war strategy was praise and not swords, hear from God his strategy.

3. Appointed people to their post and places of gifting’s: I personally believe that worship leading is also about knowing the arsenal in your team and know when and where to use it. Some teams are not blessed with skill but with worshippers who know how to pull on the heavens and for me leading means knowing whom to deploy when you get to certain places in worship.

4. The object of worship was God: here is war, people coming with warriors, blades and if it was today guns and God says don’t carry anything, carry your worship instrument and your worship. Jehoshaphat then commands people to “praise the beauty of holiness”,” Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever”. The worship was directed to God his beauty and power more than anything else they wanted. Worship leading means directing people to the footstool of the maker more than anything and to keep reminding them of where God wants them to come to.

Worship leading is one of man’s greatest blessings in life and that ability to connect personally with the Maker changes a lot of things and if we can stand as worship leaders and come to a place where we seek the Lord, have a real and personal relationship and that grace will spill into the worship team.

Worship Leading before an audience starts with the worship team and being able hear from Lord, use gifting’s in your teams wisely and also making sure that all our worship stays and goes to Him alone, then we have a good foundation to leading audiences and nations in worship .

Good job!! If your up to a bit of iron on iron... how do you measure your effectiveness? and who are you accountable to? and how do you test the spirits for gifts?

When we see our teams as part of an organism and not an organization, their importance become more pronounced.

Blessings

Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM

400 posts, read 604,103 times
Quote:

It's good to see a Worship Leader who takes his ministry seriously. What denomination do you serve in Zimbabwe? Do you try to plan everything out in advance or are you more spontaneous?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:23 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,476,201 times
I went to a church that they rehearsed several times per week. I never knew why. almost as if the music has to be on key in order for God to show up.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,267,800 times
I wish I had a worship team. In our church, I lead worship.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 PM

535 posts, read 970,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How's your singing?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:45 PM

668 posts, read 693,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'll do it if I can play Bass!

Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,415,734 times
I think if you mess up you should admit that you did.

I lead Worship every so often, month ago I realized I had misguided the congregation a year before. I'm sure most had not realized I had done this and the rest had forgot. It worried me until the next Sunday when I wasted no time and explained what I had done and asked for forgiveness.

We have a small flock but try to do our best for the Lord.

brushrunner

Old 12-05-2013, 11:38 PM

113 posts, read 151,880 times
@dave_n_teen, Effectiveness of a worship Team hmmmmnnnn. Intresting

1. The Presence of the Lord- this is subjective, I know if we properly worship God descends on our worship.. But then how Many tine has he arrived and no one noticed.

2. Focus of Worship- I think u can measure it by looking at the object of worship, if any team focus Is Christ then their job of bringing people to his feet has been accomplished.

@ bartstarr1960 I'm part of a church called Celebration Ministries Interntional... I lean more on the spontaneous but I also lead the structured worship set, it's kinda difficult leading spontaneous worship to a crowd that has no clue of it, this happens when you lead worship in other different settings not in church..

Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 AM

535 posts, read 970,414 times
Quote:
@ bartstarr1960 I'm part of a church called Celebration Ministries Interntional... I lean more on the spontaneous but I also lead the structured worship set, it's kinda difficult leading spontaneous worship to a crowd that has no clue of it, this happens when you lead worship in other different settings not in church..
Is this it? Celebrate International

You certainly do have crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity