Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM

442 posts, read 589,490 times

Advertisements

ESTABLISHED AT CREATION- Women are created to help (work)

18T [ he Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
19Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." Gen 2:23

As you can see here ^^ Women were created for the purpose of work, to help their husbands. She was created to be a helpmeet to her husband hence why their genetalia is compatible, they are biologically created to be together. And at that time, come together to replenish the earth which clearly, has been done serveral times over. Neither gender, meaning us, is intended to live without their mate of the opposite sex.They are one, they fit together as such and she originally came from his body.

So Dave there is no such verse which means she doesn't eat if she doesn't work. Probably because she will be working for her husband. Now whether she can accept paid work outside of directly assisting him is not cut and dry. It's certainly not the ideal per scripture but it also isn't expressly forbidden. If possible, stay away from anything that doesn't adhere to his perfect plan if you can. THe economy is rough, and people must eat to survive so that will obviously play into the outcome.

THe wife is in a subservient role, her name WOMAN was actually named by Adam who also named all the Animals. We have an abundance of orphans on our hands in which we are also ordered to care for. So knowing the earth is replenished over and over, a wife can also fulfil her role and care for orphan(s) alongisde her husband.

This world isn't perfect so let's say the husband has a job but became unemployed. Can the wife work? yes I believe so because it doesn't appear to restrict her work to volunteering.
BUT it must not hinder the tasks GOD has assigned for her, yet still it often does. But people must eat. she will be too tired likely to takle a second job of assisting him. But during that period, it is expected that there be a plan to reverse those roles as soon as possible since they are not really how GOD wanted it. We know because of the command to men to support themselves and their relatives 1Timothy. Part of having the holy spirit is praying for these types of situations when dire circumstances muddy the water.

IT may be better for them to accept secular assistance in the form of food stamps, or even money to supplement the husbands work. especially if children are at home. This is NOT forbidden and sort of the reason we all work, so our paychecks can go to this "insurance policy" of sorts. Hope this makes sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 PM

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
There is no word in Hebrew or Aramic that means brethern. Brethern is non gender specific. Logically however, the premise is work (hard labor) is associated with men but not all work in the tradition sense. Work was divided by gender where specific tasks when performed. Cooking is work, plumbing is work... not the same but both work.

So women don't have to work to eat? this only applies to men?
Hebrew is the old testament, the old covenant, it is our tutor of sorts but it does not apply to us since Christians are not under the law (the old covenant) In the New Testament, also known as the New Covenant, our lord supplied us a version from the GREEK language. Therefore you need to look up the GREEK word for brethren. I will give you a hint, it is adelphos.

Know an individual female is never referred to as an adelphos in Greek. Only a few times, per the hundred or so times used, is it referred to in a group setting such as church. And remember Paul also asked that the women be silent in church so it's obvious they can listen and learn, but it is more meant for the men that women. meaning when brethren is used in church, it remains masculine. It is 96% translated as BROTHER or Brothers but never Sister or Sisters.

Gender neutral bibles deliberately lie about the truth of the words. Hence why never take anyone's word for it. Always look it up yourself. Bible gateway is a wonderful resource also, my favorite

Last edited by californiawomann5; 01-02-2014 at 09:13 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,001,846 times
Elijah and John the Baptist from what i remember. But back then, what people considered "work" was a little different.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
the concept of men working is deeply rooted in the bible which is a mideastern cultural book. we dont see the work ethic for men in the new world nor in africa.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:07 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,860,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
You will need to do an indept study upon how the greek word was translated into brethren. Translations vary and many are incorrect. You can easily find out the truth by using a Strongs Concordance or going online. But it's not gender neutral at all..there are alot of lies in various translations so anywhere you see a gender neutral verse, it's best to look up the root word in greek to learn the truth.

Meaning I can say Cocina is kitchen in spanish while another translation decides to call it "a house". It is part of a house yes but the truth is it is a specific part, the kitchen. And depending upon how it's used in a sentence, it can really read awkwardly or it can read correctly yet actually be untrue.

I have yet to figure out who decided people were so dumb that they'd buy the majority of this gender neutral translations popping up later on but any monkey can check the translation of a word online to learn the truth.

Anyhow back to your last question of whether if a female doesn't work, she doesn't eat applies. You already know the verse in 1 Timothy which is specific to men and relates to PAID work or somehow being self sustaining...(not taking handouts). Regarding women ,yes they were created to work. To "assist" their husbands. They wouldn't be here except Adam was lonely and GOD stated he needed a Help meet. A helper per se. Sop she's no lawn ornament

This is what jumps out at me. How this helps dialogue is beyond me.

Quote:
I have yet to figure out who decided people were so dumb that they'd buy the majority of this gender neutral translations popping up later on but any monkey can check the translation of a word online to learn the truth.
a bit condescending I'd say.

...just sayin'

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 01-02-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
This is what jumps out at me. How this helps dialogue is beyond me.

a bit condescending I'd say.

...just sayin'
I just re-read it and it was never intended for you. Ironically you were in the babies go to heaven forum and I was going to search your post and add ^^ what he said about David mentioning he'd see his son in heaven and your reasoning to that. I'm sorry I must be very tired.It just angers me that people would assume to write a book then alter the definitions as if no one actually has the ability to look up a greek word on their own. That is what i meant to say, I am sorry it was badly worded

Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Elijah and John the Baptist from what i remember. But back then, what people considered "work" was a little different.
Yeah it was true rugged living off the land with those two from the little provided for us. Talk about humble.

Elijah lodged in a cave, and John the Baptist ate locusts and honey. That's some self sustaining actions there. I suppose since they lived in the wilderness and baptized there it's to be expected they'd be self reliant living off the land and such.

1 Kings 9: 9*There he came to a cave and lodged in it.

Mark 1
6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet: "A voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:10 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,533,403 times
New Testament teaching is that we should be celibate, but we are allowed to marry if we can't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity