Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:33 PM

670 posts, read 815,718 times

Advertisements

In what way do you believe Christ will return?

I heard people talking about "Second Advent" today so I wanted to know what people believe and think about the Second Coming of Christ, considering it's as important to us as the Only Coming of the Messiah is to Jews.

I've also a few questions about it:
How will you know it's Christ and not the Anti-Christ?
Remember Wolves in Sheep's clothing don't bare their fangs till their already sank them beneath your skin.

What if Christians end up with mixed feelings about who is the Second Christ?
Just as it was when Jesus came and Jews did not accept him. I also might add that I don't believe Jesus was the Jewish Messiah or son of their god but the son of a different god which is mine.

I believe in Incarnation/Reincarnation: Therefore I believe Christ will be born a Second time into this world, to a Virgin but this time as a female baby. The sign for his second coming is War, a super Earthquake, and a super Volcanic Eruption, followed by a sign in the Heavens. All of those things must happen in order because they are the final birth pains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,531,325 times
You believe in non-biblical things.

Christ returned and finished what he started. Death is defeated already.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:15 PM

63,825 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Amen, Cowdog! It is amazing how many Christians say that they know Christ said "It is finished." . . . but do not believe it. They keep waiting for the second coming . . . but it already happened at Pentecost. Christ returned as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) "poured out upon ALL flesh. " Christ abides with us and He is available to us all in our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts."

Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
You believe in non-biblical things.

I agree with you. "Joy to the world, the Lord is/has come ... let Earth receive her King. Let every heart prepare him room. And heaven and nature sing. And heaven and nature sing. And heaven, and heaven and nature sing. He rules the world with Truth and Grace and makes the nations prove - the glories of His righteousness, and wonders of His Love, and wonders of His Love, and wonders and wonders of His Love." One of the most beautiful songs of truth ever penned (IMO).

Old 01-06-2014, 05:54 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Isaiah 11 v 4 says Jesus will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth and put the wicked to death with the breath or spirit of his lips.

That is in harmony with Revelation 19 v11 B that Jesus judges and carries on war in righteousness [ meaning unlike men's wars no one innocent or righteous will be in harm's way ] Verse 15 says out of Jesus' mouth protrudes a sharp long sword with which to strike the nations....

After the coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 Jesus will do away with the haughty goat-like people by the words from his mouth. Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global ' Peace on Earth ' among men of goodwill.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:20 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Jesus did defeat death by his dying a faithful death and thus God resurrected Jesus - Acts 2 vs 27,31,32; 3 v 15; 13 vs 30,37. Endless death would be the end it all if it were not for the sacrifice that Jesus made in our behalf. By God releasing Jesus from the grave is a guarantee for us that death is defeated.
God then gave Jesus the keys to unlock death for us- Rev. 1 v 18

We know according to Romans 6 vs 23,7 that sin deserves death, and by Jesus surrendering his sinless life grants us the prospect of gaining endless life, or everlasting life, either in heaven, or on earth starting with Jesus 1000-year kingdom reign over earth when at that time ' enemy death ' will be brought to nothing.- 1st Cor. 15 v 26; Rev. 21 vs 4,5 .
Then there will be No more literal death on earth. Literal Death will be thrown away into a symbolic 'second death' for death.- Rev. 20 vs 13,14

When Jesus was alive on earth Jesus showed his ability to resurrect the dead back to healthy life on earth.
That was a small-scale sample of what Jesus will be doing on a GRAND scale during his coming millennial reign over earth.
When there will be [ future tense ] on earth a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous- Acts 24 v 15
Only the wicked will be destroyed - Psalm 92 v 7- destroyed forever.
That includes wicked sinner Satan being destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrew 2 v 14 B.
For the rest, death [ literal death ] is swallowed up forever- Isaiah 25 v 8
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' - Revelation 22 v 2

Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM

In what way will Christ return?

I disagree with Sola Scriptura because the bible isn't perfect.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever
How did you come up with this idea?
I did not come up with any thing.
Why are you attacking my beliefs?
Why do you accept the bible?

My beliefs are formed from Revelations I receive from a divine source.
What are your beliefs formed upon?

Quote:
I have never heard such a strange new fantasy before.
Why are you attacking some one else beliefs?
Why do you believe what you do?

Quote:
Are you into hallucinogenics?
No.
Why do you ask are you? You shouldn't use them because they are bad for your health.

Quote:
Some ideas by those into that get strange like this.
Some times people judge others for making mistakes, and that's not Christ like is it?

But speaking of strange have you read the Old Testament, there is murder, rape, genocide, and homophobia in that thing, it needs a parental adversary warning to be bought or sold in my opinion.

I wonder why a god that claimed to be all-good commanded acts of genocide.
I can provide citation if you want?
The Old Testament god wasn't very Christlike so I don't worship him.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
In what way will Christ return?
Azrael, this is how I see it:

Christ is the spirit of God which comes ("returns") in all of us.

("By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Christ has come in the flesh is from God,"

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world." )

Our "flesh" is the "world" which is being overcome by the spirit of God/ the Christ being raised in us. And as to when this happens ... it has happened, it is happening, and it will happen:

(“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”)

In other words, I believe that the "return of Christ" is all about us growing in love (not just an emotion of love, but a love that acts in the best interest of all). It isn't a one-time thing ... it is gradual, like the dawn slowly breaking and chasing away the darkness. That is the way that Christ (the spirit of the God who IS love) has come, is coming and will come.

Aisi.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Pleroo, that's a bunch of new age balderdash you just said.
Christ will come as Judge this next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity