Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:01 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times

Advertisements

Where is it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 03:49 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where is it ?
The same place Christ is.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 PM

June you close the thread now. We now know

Old 04-19-2014, 02:55 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,045,032 times
See there are the gifts of Holy Spirit which God gives for His purpose which are given and Holy Spirit will conduct , as believer with these gifts pray there is answer from these Gifts by Holy Spirit right away and these gifts are not stopped in unrepentant sin , as the grace of God comes from the gifts which are sovereign ............. Then there are the answers to prayer which are rarely literally found in the bible which God in Heaven answers , but are the miracles that come with out the direct Gifts of calling in Christ , but will come from God where Holy Spirit will deliver the grace for the purpose of God ...........See all grace is the miracles of the creator God which were created by Father God , and come by the identity of Lord Jesus Christ, and are delivered by Holy Spirit

Old 04-19-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See there are the gifts of Holy Spirit which God gives for His purpose which are given and Holy Spirit will conduct , as believer with these gifts pray there is answer from these Gifts by Holy Spirit right away and these gifts are not stopped in unrepentant sin , as the grace of God comes from the gifts which are sovereign ............. Then there are the answers to prayer which are rarely literally found in the bible which God in Heaven answers , but are the miracles that come with out the direct Gifts of calling in Christ , but will come from God where Holy Spirit will deliver the grace for the purpose of God ...........See all grace is the miracles of the creator God which were created by Father God , and come by the identity of Lord Jesus Christ, and are delivered by Holy Spirit
Correct me if i am wrong, but are you saying the throne of grace is in a gift ?.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,947,173 times
It's in Altoona.....or is it Poughkeepsie?

Walla Walla?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,994 times
Quote:
Where is it ?
The 'Throne of Grace' isn't a 'thing' that has a "place" where it sits. [The word 'throne' itself has the idea of 'power,' and of course we know that the word 'grace' means].

So, the words Throne of Grace is using a Figure of Speech called Anthropopatheia which means ascribing attributes to God by using 'human' characteristics or inanimate objects.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
The 'Throne of Grace' isn't a 'thing' that has a "place" where it sits. [The word 'throne' itself has the idea of 'power,' and of course we know that the word 'grace' means].

So, the words Throne of Grace is using a Figure of Speech called Anthropopatheia which means ascribing attributes to God by using 'human' characteristics or inanimate objects.
So you do not believe there is place where we boldly approach in confidence?. I certainly do not believe it something physical.

The scriptures declare we are the temple of God( not our flesh, but that part of us living in the body of flesh).

Old 04-19-2014, 04:33 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,994 times
Quote:
So you do not believe there is place where we boldly approach in confidence?. I certainly do not believe it something physical.

The scriptures declare we are the temple of God( not our flesh, but that part of us living in the body of flesh).
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying and/or asking here.

I believe we can come to God with confidence, believing He hears and will answer according to His Will, if that's what you're asking? But you asked WHERE the throne of grace is, and I answered it's not a literal place, but a Fig. [that represents what I said].

And I don't agree with your definition of being the temple of God. Here's what's written in 1 Corin. 6:
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God
1 Corin. 3:16 "Know ye not you are the temple of God and any man that defiles that temple...."
Sounds like God means it's our physical body which houses the Holy Spirit.

The part of us 'living in the body of flesh' is called 'spirit,' the spirit of man, and that's the means by which the Holy Spirit witnesses to us.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying and/or asking here.

I believe we can come to God with confidence, believing He hears and will answer according to His Will, if that's what you're asking? But you asked WHERE the throne of grace is, and I answered it's not a literal place, but a Fig. [that represents what I said].

And I don't agree with your definition of being the temple of God. Here's what's written in 1 Corin. 6:
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God
1 Corin. 3:16 "Know ye not you are the temple of God and any man that defiles that temple...."
Sounds like God means it's our physical body which houses the Holy Spirit.

The part of us 'living in the body of flesh' is called 'spirit,' the spirit of man, and that's the means by which the Holy Spirit witnesses to us.
So when we depart this body we depart the temple of God too ? Sorry i cannot accept that. God resides somewhere far deeper than flesh and blood.........our innermost being, where we find the throne of grace and where comes forth rivers of living of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity