Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Adam and Eve: Real people? Yes or No
Yes 24 40.68%
No 35 59.32%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Adam and Eve can be allegoric. That does not change the message of Jesus or his works. What really matters is what Jesus said. The other stuff is man made religion.
I just got through showing you that they can NOT be allegorical. You say that what really matters is what Jesus said. Well, Jesus said that God created Adam and Eve. I provided the verse. So make up your mind. Do you believe what Jesus said, or do you not?

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-23-2014 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
We are primates! We are apes with a larger better brain.

One day humans will become extinct and the descendants of humans will be called something else. They will look at photos of the human primate and wonder how could their ancestors be so primitive.
So much for your claim that you believe that what Jesus said is important. Jesus in His Revelation to John gave a very different future for the human race than that which you described above.

You constantly contradict yourself right and left.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
I know this will seem crazy to most people, but to me, the truth falls somewhere between literal and allegorical.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I just got through showing you that they can NOT be allegoric. You say that what really matters is what Jesus said. Well, Jesus said that God created Adam and Eve. I provided the verse. So make up your mind. Do you believe what Jesus said, or do you not?
Here is the verse:

Matthew 19:4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female; 5] and said, ''for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become on flesh''?

I do not disagree. Evolution developed under the supervision of God.

Lastly the incest associated with just Adam and Eve populating the world does not make sense at all.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said:

John Chapter 6
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

John 6:53 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

1 Corinthians Chapter 10
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we [being] many are one bread, [and] one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I know this will seem crazy to most people, but to me, the truth falls somewhere between literal and allegorical.

Hi Katz:
I have a question:

What did you say to your son when he questioned the survival of Jonah after spending three days inside the big fish?

As a young man I asked my father about magical bible stories and he always gave me logical answers. My dad never forced me to believe in magical stuff. What did you say to your son about Adam and Eve?

Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Here is the verse:

Matthew 19:4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female; 5] and said, ''for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become on flesh''?

I do not disagree. Evolution developed under the supervision of God.

Lastly the incest associated with just Adam and Eve populating the world does not make sense at all.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said:

John Chapter 6
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

John 6:53 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

1 Corinthians Chapter 10
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we [being] many are one bread, [and] one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Don't change the subject. The topic of your thread concerns whether Adam and Eve were real people. The topic is not the Eucharist.

Matthew 19:4 has got nothing to do with evolution. It refers back to Genesis chapter two and speaks of special creation. Jesus affirmed the Genesis account of the creation of Adam.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Don't change the subject. The topic of your thread concerns whether Adam and Eve were real people. The topic is not the Eucharist.

Matthew 19:4 has got nothing to do with evolution. It refers back to Genesis chapter two and speaks of special creation. Jesus affirmed the Genesis account of the creation of Adam.
I posted the whole passage:

Matthew 19:1-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
Teaching About Divorce

19 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?†4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.†7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?†8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.â€[a]

10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.â€

He simply says man created by God. I do not dispute that. But, I believe God created mankind through evolution. I don't think mankind came from Adam and Eve. If that was the case all their kids would be doing incest. Imagine all the deformities from inbreeeding.

And how can you explain a nordic and an african within the context of just a few thousand years? Sorry, not possible!

Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
He simply says man created by God. I do not dispute that. But, I believe God created mankind through evolution. I don't think mankind came from Adam and Eve. If that was the case all their kids would be doing incest. Imagine all the deformities from inbreeeding.
!
An allegory is not in Jesus' lineage but a real man called Adam:
Luk_3:38 of Enosh, of Seth, of Adam, of God."

All mankind are connected directly to Adam:
Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and through sin death,
and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

The one sin of Adam caused death to enter into all mankind and for that reason, all mankind sin.

Rom_5:14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the
likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

1Co_15:22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified."

1Co_15:45 If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam,
"became a living soul:the last Adam a vivifying Spirit."

1Ti_2:13 (for Adam was first molded, thereafter Eve,

1Ti_2:14 and Adam was not seduced, yet the woman, being deluded, has come to be in the transgression)."

Jud_1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesies to these also, saying, "Lo! the Lord came
among ten thousand of His saints,

Old 01-23-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
An allegory is not in Jesus' lineage but a real man called Adam:
Luk_3:38 of Enosh, of Seth, of Adam, of God."

All mankind are connected directly to Adam:
Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and through sin death,
and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

The one sin of Adam caused death to enter into all mankind and for that reason, all mankind sin.

Rom_5:14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the
likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

1Co_15:22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified."

1Co_15:45 If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam,
"became a living soul:the last Adam a vivifying Spirit."

1Ti_2:13 (for Adam was first molded, thereafter Eve,

1Ti_2:14 and Adam was not seduced, yet the woman, being deluded, has come to be in the transgression)."

Jud_1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesies to these also, saying, "Lo! the Lord came
among ten thousand of His saints,
You are using a poem to prove a poem. Circular logic.

I don't dispute the allegory of the Bible. This is the necessary ingredient to convince men that believed thousands of years ago.

God cannot be responsible for incest.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I posted the whole passage:

Matthew 19:1-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
Teaching About Divorce

19 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” 7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” 8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”[a]

10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.”

And how can you explain a nordic and an african within the context of just a few thousand years? Sorry, not possible!
Jesus was quoting from Genesis which specifically states that God formed Adam from the dust of the ground, and that He took one of Adam's ribs and fashioned Eve. That is not evolution.

You have no idea of what is and is not possible.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-23-2014 at 12:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity