Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
.... yesterday I was told that I was flat wrong, (from the Hebrew of course). ok, I have no problem with that. but for the last time, can any of the experts here translate into English, “EHEYEH asher EHEYEH”. what is the simple rendering?. or else, I will go with what is the standard rendering by most bible scholar. "I AM THAT I AM", OR I AM WHO I AM".

The translation directly from Hebrew is I will be who I will be.

Now if you want it the other way around I AM WHO I AM is ANEE MEE SHE-ANEE

Now if you want it the other way around I AM THAT I AM is ANEE SHE-ANEE

fyi
SHE is pronounced as in the word shed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 01:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
I AM, what I Will Always Be.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
101c and Shiloh

Not going to get into a debate about this but here is Something that you both missed and might help you understand better is that Gen.1:26-27 is speaking of the future, a prophesy of what man will become in Christ, the image and likeness of GOD.

Remember the FIRST man Adam was of the earth earthy, THIS IS NOT THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. Thus Gen1:26-27 CANNOT be speaking of ADAM.

Now if you guys can accept this you can see that the SONS OF GOD who shout for joy when the world was made is speaking of US, the many membered body of Christ.

A new heaven and earth is what they are shouting for joy about.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
101c and Shiloh

Not going to get into a debate about this but here is Something that you both missed and might help you understand better is that Gen.1:26-27 is speaking of the future, a prophesy of what man will become in Christ, the image and likeness of GOD.

Remember the FIRST man Adam was of the earth earthy, THIS IS NOT THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. Thus Gen1:26-27 CANNOT be speaking of ADAM.

Now if you guys can accept this you can see that the SONS OF GOD who shout for joy when the world was made is speaking of US, the many membered body of Christ.

A new heaven and earth is what they are shouting for joy about.

greeting,
first off, this is not a debate. if someone give an opinion, that's ok. second, I believe I stated this already. when God said let us, and our, it is the one to come, (God was speaking in future tense, the figure to come), see romans 4:17. and three I believe I said that the sons of God was us humans. so there is no debate there. now fourth, as the New heavens and earth. are you speaking of the old creaton now or the New Creation in Christ Jesus?.

Be blessed.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
greeting,
first off, this is not a debate. if someone give an opinion, that's ok. second, I believe I stated this already. when God said let us, and our, it is the one to come, (God was speaking in future tense, the figure to come), see romans 4:17. and three I believe I said that the sons of God was us humans. so there is no debate there. now fourth, as the New heavens and earth. are you speaking of the old creaton now or the New Creation in Christ Jesus?.

Be blessed.
Hi 101.
First your long post was very hard to follow.
Second you have stated that NO ONE was around but God alone when he said let us make man in our image and likeness.
Third you say you agree with what I said about it being a FUTURE event.
Therefore the second does not line up with the third. For if Gen.1:26-27 is a future event then the MANY membered body of Christ is around, thus God is NOT alone. Therefore when God said let US make man in our image and likeness the US is in referance to the many membered body of Christ.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Hi 101.
First your long post was very hard to follow.
Second you have stated that NO ONE was around but God alone when he said let us make man in our image and likeness.
Therefore the second does not line up with the third. For if Gen.1:26-27 is a future event then the MANY membered body of Christ is around, thus God is NOT alone. Therefore when God said let US make man in our image and likeness the US is in referance to the many membered body of Christ.

Thanks for the reply,
Quote:
NO ONE was around but God alone
this is correct, only he created everything, and made every thing. everything was in his mind. understand he's Alpha and omega of the OLD CREATION. to him all times are the same, only when he reference it. God is Past Present, and future.

Quote:
I have already stated that.

Quote:
Therefore the second does not line up with the third.
incorrect, all was in the mind of God. only when he calls it into existence.

Quote:
For if Gen.1:26-27 is a future event then the MANY membered body of Christ is around
in the NEW CREATION, which is a separate form the old Creation. for the NEW Creation is to Come. for he is the END of the Old Creation.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:20 PM

My reply is in purple

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

this is correct, only he created everything, and made every thing. everything was in his mind. understand he's Alpha and omega of the OLD CREATION. to him all times are the same, only when he reference it. God is Past Present, and future.

You are incorrect that God created everything Example sin, evil tares etc., but that is another topic.

I have already stated that.

incorrect, all was in the mind of God. only when he calls it into existence.

It is not incorrect, if the many membered body is present when God said let US make man in OUR image and likeness then God was NOT ALONE.

in the NEW CREATION, which is a separate form the old Creation. for the NEW Creation is to Come. for he is the END of the Old Creation.
Gen.1:26-27 is speaking of the NEW creation

Old 03-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
My reply is in purple

Gen.1:26-27 is speaking of the NEW creation

I don't believe so. only until the resurrection. for the flesh must die to be quicken, or change.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I don't believe so. only until the resurrection. for the flesh must die to be quicken, or change.
Yet you already agreed that Gen.1:26-27 was speaking of a FUTURE event. That future event is US in Christ. Gen.1:26-27 is a prophesy of what will be, not what has been. The first man Adam was of the earth earthy and that is NOT THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. We right now bare the image of Adam but we shall bare the image of Christ. Therefore Gen.1:26-27 is NOT speaking of the old creation but the NEW creation in Christ Jesus.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Yet you already agreed that Gen.1:26-27 was speaking of a FUTURE event. That future event is US in Christ. Gen.1:26-27 is a prophesy of what will be, not what has been. The first man Adam was of the earth earthy and that is NOT THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. We right now bare the image of Adam but we shall bare the image of Christ. Therefore Gen.1:26-27 is NOT speaking of the old creation but the NEW creation in Christ Jesus.

I guess you didn't understand me. Christ came. but we're not in him until after the resurrection. he had to finish his work first. and two, redemption is two fold, spirit, and then body, we have not receive our new bodies yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity