Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You mean like this in regard to 'sons of God.'

Heb “sons of gods”; or “sons of God.” Though אֵלִים (’elim) is vocalized as a plural form (“gods”) in the Hebrew text, it is likely that the final mem (ם) is actually enclitic rather than a plural marker. In this case one may read “God.” Some, following a Qumran text and the LXX, also propose the phrase occurred in the original text of Deut 32:8. The phrase בְנֵי אֵלִים (vÿney elim, “sons of gods” or “sons of God”) occurs only here and in Ps 29:1. Since the “sons of gods/God” are here associated with “the assembly of the holy ones” and “council of the holy ones,” the heavenly assembly (comprised of so-called “angels” and other supernatural beings) appears to be in view. See Job 5:1; 15:15 and Zech 14:5, where these supernatural beings are referred to as “holy ones.” In Canaanite mythological texts the divine council of the high god El is called “the sons of El.” The OT apparently uses the Canaanite phrase, applying it to the supernatural beings that surround the Lord’s heavenly throne.

read you commentaries on Daniel especially Gill on Da 4:13 and see what a watcher and a Holy ones are. you went from bad to worst.

Look, stay on subject. and don't present something the experts can't agree on, ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
read you commentaries on Daniel especially Gill on Da 4:13 and see what a watcher and a Holy ones are. you went from bad to worst.

Look, stay on subject. and don't present something the experts can't agree on, ok.
There you go again making no sense and running to another verse as if that actually means something.

Gill - do yo know when that was written? That guy wrote in the 1700's - talk about out of date scholarship. That guy had no clue about Ugaritic literature or DSS.

You also failed to realize that when I quoted Ps.89 the holy ones are mentioned as sons of God and that they are part of the Council.

Of course I have repeated this ad-infinitum. It just goes right over your head - again and again.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,744 times
Quote:
There you go again making no sense and running to another verse as if that actually means something.

Gill - do yo know when that was written? That guy wrote in the 1700's - talk about out of date scholarship. That guy had no clue about Ugaritic literature or DSS.

You also failed to realize that when I quoted Ps.89 the holy ones are mentioned as sons of God and that they are part of the Council.

Of course I have repeated this ad-infinitum. It just goes right over your head - again and again.
...okay, I'll ask you. Who is that man of whom it is written that Jesus is the Son of?

Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...okay, I'll ask you. Who is that man of whom it is written that Jesus is the Son of?
What? I am not even following this aspect of the thread - have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 02-20-2014 at 10:34 PM..

Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
What? I am not even following this aspect of the thread - have no idea what your are talking about.
...never mind then.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:34 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
...never mind then.
Ok!

Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Ok!
back at ya...

Old 02-21-2014, 06:58 AM

God the Almighty is the only one who created both the heavens, and the Earth, and there was no one with him, neither man or angel. nor was there a Council. and one stated that Ps.89 was speaking of this Council. that’s the spirit of ERROR. this chapter were mention of EARTHLY MEN, and not someone or things giving our Lord counsel.
my answer to any reply, as always is with scripture, and now to this reply with scripture,
Isaiah 40:13 "Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?. 14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?”.

I ask the same question, "WHO?", hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?. answer, NO ONE have, directed, counsel, instructed, or taught our God. that’s man fleshly mind.
and as for the sons of God, the book of Enoch had been translate in gross error, as others. just google, ” book of Enoch errors”. in any book, no angel is a son of God, at any time. (see Hebrew 1:1).

people just run with disinformation, and spew it out as truth. Just read the bible.

so all those misquotes, and misunderstanding, are moot. go with the bible. and understand.

Isaiah 40:13 "Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?. 14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?”.

this moot all speculation on who was with God and his Council

May god bless.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
...no friend...no! Don't know why you came to this conclusion from one question? Well...do you know who that man is, of whom it is written that Jesus is the Son of?

maybe you need to state you man, and your purpose.

May God Bless.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 AM

441 posts, read 392,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
since you leave it up to me, OK,

I want you to LOOK at what you said, and how I responded. you said
Question: When do you suppose Jesus was made a "quickening Spirit", before or after His ascension?

I answered, after his glorification. now you did not clarify which ascension. I assumed bodily, but I make not assumptions. for did he not have the Holy Ghost before his BODILY ascension, but after his glorification. that’s why I answered the way I did.

if you have another reason, please state it.
Son, He was born with the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. He was then baptized by the Father with the Holy Ghost when JTB water baptized Him.

Here is YOUR verse to which I addressed my reply: "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:45 (KJV)

So, when was Jesus MADE a quickening Spirit __that He could do this: John 20:22? [no "baptism" this]

You need to clarify it, I don't!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity