Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Straw man argument. Why do you keep inventing such arguments? Everything is of God, even the tomato plants on my backyard. I have never known anyone who subscribes to beliefs you refer to.
No strawman, just stating the fact that you would have rejected the teaching of Jesus Christ along with the rest of bible fundamentalists by the premise of YOUR belief that there is nothing you could be taught which you already cannot find in scripture. Jesus taught a bunch of stuff that could not be found in the scripture including the parables. Where did Jesus get his teachings about being born again from ? How about being a peace maker ?. He was ministering from heaven not the bible, those who understood this heard him, those who didn't rejected him.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Well, they are written now, and you seem to think the words lost their meaning because they were written down.
Not really, but reading is not the same thing as comprehending.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
No one has ever given me a valid example, not you, not Nate, not anyone.
Like i said, it would be impossible for you to see it, because you are set in the belief prior to seeing it, that it is impossible to give an example.

What seems to be,is,to those to whom it seems to be. William Blake

Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No strawman, just stating the fact that you would have rejected the teaching of Jesus Christ along with the rest of bible fundamentalists by the premise of YOUR belief that there is nothing you could be taught which you already cannot find in scripture. Jesus taught a bunch of stuff that could not be found in the scripture including the parables. Where did Jesus get his teachings about being born again from ? How about being a peace maker ?. He was ministering from heaven not the bible, those who understood this heard him, those who didn't rejected him.
You are not stating a fact, you are inventing a lie. Do not tell me what I would have done if I had been face to fact with Jesus, because you obviously couldn't have a clue.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Well, they are written now, and you seem to think the words lost their meaning because they were written down.
And Jesus Christ is still Spirit and Life. He is not gagged by the bible

Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Like i said, it would be impossible for you to see it, because you are set in the belief prior to seeing it, that it is impossible to give an example.

What seems to be,is,to those to whom it seems to be. William Blake
The fact remains that you have failed to produce a single example. Your excuse for failing is extremely weak.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
You are not stating a fact, you are inventing a lie. Do not tell me what I would have done if I had been face to fact with Jesus, because you obviously couldn't have a clue.
So you are saying you would have believed differently back then to what you do know?. That you wouldn't have said to Jesus if it is not in the scriptures or i cannot see it in the scriptures, sorry Jesus i cannot accept what you are saying. For this is exactly what you are saying NOW.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
And Jesus Christ is still Spirit and Life. He is not gagged by the bible
Did writing down His words gag Him? It did the opposite. It made it easier to spread the Gospel to more people, which is exactly what He wanted.

What motivates you to rail against the Bible? If you think the Bible is lacking, then why do you refuse to fill in the missing pieces?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
The fact remains that you have failed to produce a single example. Your excuse for failing is extremely weak.
It is not an argument it is fact, and why you believe what you do, you will never see it, your mind is already made up, it is impossible, this is why you cannot see what Nate is saying.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Did writing down His words gag Him? It did the opposite. It made it easier to spread the Gospel to more people, which is exactly what He wanted.

What motivates you to rail against the Bible? If you think the Bible is lacking, then why do you refuse to fill in the missing pieces?
There is no railing against the bible, it is rejecting your notion of what it is and most definitely your understanding of it. Believe me i know what i am rejecting, the old biblean pcamps would have torn into the new pcamps with the similar understanding and defense of the bible like you, but the new pcamps is rooted and established in something far greater than old pcamps(he died a couple of years back). Xx

Last edited by pcamps; 03-28-2014 at 08:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.