Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Eusebius, there are so many holes in the idea of "God created all species" that really need to be explained and the idea that "God can do anything" isn't an answer.

Just a few questions:

Why is it that all life on this planet is carbon based?
Why do we share 40% of our DNA with bacteria, 60% of our DNA with insects, 75% of our DNA with reptiles, 90% with all other mammals and we even share 57% of our DNA with a banana?

Now I do not believe we evolved from a banana, but somewhere down the line there has to be a reason for the common sharing of DNA. That is unless you believe that DNA doesn't exist.

Science does not say we evolved from an ape, ape are primates along with humans, we may share a common ancestor but that's as far as it goes, apes evolved along their branch of the tree and human along their branch. If it were the case that we evolved from apes then there would be no apes today because they all would have evolved to humans.
Good questions.

God invented DNA. He knows all about it. He created bacteria with very specific DNA so it would operate exactly as He created it for.
He created the bed bug with specific DNA so they wouldn't become dinosaurs in size. Aren't we lucky?

He created flies with very specific DNA so they wouldn't grow the size of condors. Aren't we lucky?

He created Apes and chimps with very specific DNA so they would do exactly that which He created them for.

Just because we all have DNA where some of it is similar does not prove we evolved from other primates. It is just that God created humans with very specific DNA so that we could do very specific things He created us for.

It's really simple. Don't confuse it with unprovable evolution. It would be better for scientists to just say they don't know how we got here rather than promote the untenable notion of evolution.

By the way, how did we get from "The sun stood still in Joshua's day" to "evolution"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 04:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
He'll be here all week folks!

Please, don't forget to tip your waitress.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Good questions.

God invented DNA. He knows all about it. He created bacteria with very specific DNA so it would operate exactly as He created it for.
He created the bed bug with specific DNA so they wouldn't become dinosaurs in size. Aren't we lucky?

He created flies with very specific DNA so they wouldn't grow the size of condors. Aren't we lucky?

He created Apes and chimps with very specific DNA so they would do exactly that which He created them for.

Just because we all have DNA where some of it is similar does not prove we evolved from other primates. It is just that God created humans with very specific DNA so that we could do very specific things He created us for.

It's really simple. Don't confuse it with unprovable evolution. It would be better for scientists to just say they don't know how we got here rather than promote the untenable notion of evolution.
He created lions and Tigers so they weren't the size of cats and no threat to us.Lucky aren't we? Eusebius, it is easy to take where evolution has ended up, pretend that it is all some Plan and hand the credit to God. Then pretend that there is no evidence for evolution. I don't know who your final aside is to, because nobody is going to be persuaded by your bland and denialist arguments,except those who are falling over themselves to deny the case for evolution already.

Quote:
By the way, how did we get from "The sun stood still in Joshua's day" to "evolution"?
Because you were in the mix (1)- I'm astonished we haven't got back onto the Ark.

(1) It didn't take too long: #5 [quote=Eusebius;34062263]....So when are you going to start worshipping those single celled amoebas who, according to the high priests of evolution tell us all animals and humans and all plant life was created by them. Now that's a miracle!"

Don't you ever get tired of crashing and burning?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:27 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
What do you folks make of this?
Joshua 10:12-14 Then speaks Joshua to Yahweh in the day of Yahweh's giving up the Amorites before the
sons of Israel, and he said, before the eyes of Israel, `Sun--in Gibeon stand still; and moon--in the valley
of Ajalon;. (13) and the sun stands still, and the moon has stood--till the nation takes vengeance [on] its
enemies; is it not written on the Book of the Upright, `and the sun stands in the midst of the heavens, and
has not hasted to go in--as a perfect day?. (14) And there has not been like that day before it or after it,
for Yahweh's hearkening to the voice of a man; for Yahweh is fighting for Israel.

This is from John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible:

until the people had avenged themselves on their enemies: until the nation and people of Israel had
taken vengeance on and destroyed the live kings and their forces: how this is to be reconciled to the
Copernican system, or that with this, I shall not inquire. It was a most wonderful and surprising
phenomenon, to see both luminaries standing still in the midst of heaven; it is pretended by some historians
(f), that a like miracle was wrought at the battle of Mulberg, won by the Emperor Charles the Fifth, on April
24, 1547. In the Chinese history (g) it is reported, that in the time of their seventh, emperor, Yao, the sun
did not set for ten days, and that men were afraid the world would be burnt, and there were great fires at
that time; and though the time of the sun's standing still is enlarged beyond the bounds of truth, yet it
seems to refer to this fact, and was manifestly about the same time; for this miracle was wrought in the
year of the world 2554, which fell in the seventy fifth, or, as some say, the sixty seventh year of that
emperor's reign, who reigned ninety years:

What I'd like to know is, Is it possible that when Paul met the Lord on the road to Damascus and His glory was above that of the noon day sun, that the Lord appeared in the sky above the battle Joshua was fighting and so he necessarily thought it was the sun?

Now I don't doubt God has the power to suspend the very laws of physics He invented if He wanted the earth to stop rotating, without doing damage, even if the naysayers say such an event would kill everyone.

What do you think?
The biblical writers also believed the earth was a flat circle with a solid firmament over it, and that the sun, moon and stars were inside the firmament. So it's not surprising that they might also think it was possible for the sun to 'stand still'.

In reality, for the "sun to stand still" it would have to have meant that the world somehow stopped rotating on it's axis. That would have destroyed the earth and everything on it.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:08 AM

There was an old black man in the back hills of Kentucky that was arrested for making moonshine. His name was Joshua Sunstand.
One day the cops came and arrested him. Poor old Joshua was very afraid that he had to go to court. Finally the day arrived.
Standing before the judge, the judges asked: "Joshua, are you the one that made the sun stand still?"
Joshua replied: "No sir. I's da one dat made da moon shine."
The judge laughed so hard he threw the case out.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
The biblical writers also believed the earth was a flat circle with a solid firmament over it, and that the sun, moon and stars were inside the firmament. So it's not surprising that they might also think it was possible for the sun to 'stand still'.

In reality, for the "sun to stand still" it would have to have meant that the world somehow stopped rotating on it's axis. That would have destroyed the earth and everything on it.
Yes, and modern day scientists and weathermen also believe the sun goes around the earth. All the time they say things like "the sun will rise today" or "set today" or the moon will rise today or set today at such and such a time. Those poor dumb scientists. Don't they know the earth rotates?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
He created lions and Tigers so they weren't the size of cats and no threat to us.Lucky aren't we? Eusebius, it is easy to take where evolution has ended up, pretend that it is all some Plan and hand the credit to God. Then pretend that there is no evidence for evolution. I don't know who your final aside is to, because nobody is going to be persuaded by your bland and denialist arguments,except those who are falling over themselves to deny the case for evolution already.
Well I find it amusing that evolutionists can't just say: "There are similarities we humans have to the DNA of viruses. It's not that we evolved from viruses. It is just that God invented DNA as the cornerstone of all living things. Having similarities does not suggest evolution. It just proves that God made DNA to ensure all living creatures would turn out the way they did." If scientists were really smart like some Scientists, they would drop the childish, unprovable evolution theories and see a God wise enough Who knows how to use DNA for His purpose.

Quote:
Because you were in the mix (1)- I'm astonished we haven't got back onto the Ark.
Speaking of the Ark, how many animals did Moses get into the ark?

Quote:
(1) It didn't take too long: #5
Eusebius wrote...So when are you going to start worshipping those single celled amoebas who, according to the high priests of evolution tell us all animals and humans and all plant life was created by them. Now that's a miracle!"

Don't you ever get tired of crashing and burning?
Well, if you would quit wrecking your jalopy into my Mercedes I wouldn't have to keep pulling you out of your wreck.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Well I find it amusing that evolutionists can't just say: "There are similarities we humans have to the DNA of viruses. It's not that we evolved from viruses. It is just that God invented DNA as the cornerstone of all living things. Having similarities does not suggest evolution. It just proves that God made DNA to ensure all living creatures would turn out the way they did." If scientists were really smart like some Scientists, they would drop the childish, unprovable evolution theories and see a God wise enough Who knows how to use DNA for His purpose.
I think you may have bacteria in mind, Viruses may be a rather different critter, more related to chemicals than protoplasm. The similarity of DNA indicates that they also evolved from one cell creatures as we did. You are still hung up on this one single line of descent idea. Even Darwin thought of a tree rather than a straight line (and you think you are the one who isn't childish?).

As to the idea that this shows that God used the same materials, that indicates a lack of imagination that we don't see when it comes to diversity with, as I remarked to you before, compound eyes that pigeons would give their beaks to have confined to arthropods and insect predators who would love a pair of hunting eyes like a hawk are stuck with compound eyes because they have six legs...for all the world as though they evolved that way as a separate line from Trilobites, while the mollusc line with two light sensitive spots would (if we didn't know better from you telling us that God had made all critters perfectly to fit in with their lifestyles) have appeared to have evolved through the early fish to vertebrates.

So I'd say it is another soapbox cart which you think is a Mercedes has crashed and burned.

Quote:
Speaking of the Ark, how many animals did Moses get into the ark?
Just as many or as few as you can feasibly get away with. You can not only move the goalpost as necessary, but change them (at need) for other ones.

Quote:
Well, if you would quit wrecking your jalopy into my Mercedes I wouldn't have to keep pulling you out of your wreck.
Funny, I can hardly see a mark on my flivver ...mine is a Jeaag... apart from a scuff from Tubal was a metal-worker and claims of Olive -trees flourishing under salt water...nothing that won't polish out....

But what is this in Honest Usebe's used car lot? Some charred and mangled soap boxes with shopping trolley wheels on and you not only claim as in perfect running order but Mercs..eh? I am afraid old son, that Luke Paul and Luke, you are another from whom I would not buy a used car...sorry...pre-owned, I should say. Mustn't be disrespectful.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think you may have bacteria in mind, Viruses may be a rather different critter, more related to chemicals than protoplasm. The similarity of DNA indicates that they also evolved from one cell creatures as we did. You are still hung up on this one single line of descent idea. Even Darwin thought of a tree rather than a straight line (and you think you are the one who isn't childish?).

As to the idea that this shows that God used the same materials, that indicates a lack of imagination that we don't see when it comes to diversity with, as I remarked to you before, compound eyes that pigeons would give their beaks to have confined to arthropods and insect predators who would love a pair of hunting eyes like a hawk are stuck with compound eyes because they have six legs...for all the world as though they evolved that way as a separate line from Trilobites, while the mollusc line with two light sensitive spots would (if we didn't know better from you telling us that God had made all critters perfectly to fit in with their lifestyles) have appeared to have evolved through the early fish to vertebrates.

So I'd say it is another soapbox cart which you think is a Mercedes has crashed and burned.
God created the DNA so that very specific eyes would work with very specific animals. It's not that hard to understand. No need for eviloooshun. He is smart enough to do that you know. It's like a man creating a machine like a printing press. If it morphed into something he did not originally create it for, he would be a failure. What if his printing press morphed into a toilet?

Quote:
Eusebius queried: Speaking of the Ark, how many animals did Moses get into the ark?
Quote:
AREQUIPA rejoined:
Just as many or as few as you can feasibly get away with. You can not only move the goalpost as necessary, but change them (at need) for other ones.
Moses didn't get any animals into the ark. Only the ten commandments and Aaron's rod were put therein.

Quote:
Funny, I can hardly see a mark on my flivver ...mine is a Jeaag... apart from a scuff from Tubal was a metal-worker and claims of Olive -trees flourishing under salt water...nothing that won't polish out....
It has been proven olive trees can survive under water for very long times. Ever hear the word "research"?

Quote:
But what is this in Honest Usebe's used car lot? Some charred and mangled soap boxes with shopping trolley wheels on and you not only claim as in perfect running order but Mercs..eh?
You are right. All those charred and mangled soap boxes with shopping trolley wheels are all the evolutionists I've dealt with over the years.

Quote:
I am afraid old son, that Luke Paul and Luke, you are another from whom I would not buy a used car...sorry...pre-owned, I should say. Mustn't be disrespectful.
Luke, Paul and Luke? You mean there was more than one Luke in the New Testament?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
There was an old black man in the back hills of Kentucky that was arrested for making moonshine. His name was Joshua Sunstand.
One day the cops came and arrested him. Poor old Joshua was very afraid that he had to go to court. Finally the day arrived.
Standing before the judge, the judges asked: "Joshua, are you the one that made the sun stand still?"
Joshua replied: "No sir. I's da one dat made da moon shine."
The judge laughed so hard he threw the case out.
Like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity