Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
2 Corinthians 3:13 "And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

2 Corinthians 3:14 "But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:15 "But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

yes, that day is still today.

Isaiah 6:9 "And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; (A BETTER WORD USED TODAY CLUELESS.. LOL) and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

healed here is not talking about physical "healing", no, Spiritual healing. better known as "SAVED".

PCY
Wow!...Modifying the verses now, are we?...

Old 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,250,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Wow!...Modifying the verses now, are we?...
Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Do you actually think the word "Healed" here in Isaiah means Physically? do you?

PCY

Old 04-18-2018, 05:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post

Do you actually think the word "Healed" here in Isaiah means Physically? do you?

PCY
Hmmmm...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 6

10 This people's heart is becoming fat, and his ears are becoming heavy, and his eyes are becoming sealed, lest he see with his eyes, and hear with his ears, and his heart understand, and he repent and be healed."

Modifying the verse again, I see...But, yes, this one, I’d agree, is in a more spiritual context, because G-d wants them to understand with the heart and repent and return to Him...

Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hmmmm...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 6

10 This people's heart is becoming fat, and his ears are becoming heavy, and his eyes are becoming sealed, lest he see with his eyes, and hear with his ears, and his heart understand, and he repent and be healed."

Modifying the verse again, I see...But, yes, this one, I’d agree, is in a more spiritual context, because G-d wants them to understand with the heart and repent and return to Him...
GINOLJC, to All

@Richard....... (smile). that modification worked, didn't it? many will just think that they will be healed from a physical sickness. well, eyes are being OPEN.

I'll keep on with modification before me since it worked... scripture, Isaiah 29:13 "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

WHY? Isaiah 29:10 "For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

Isaiah 29:11 "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

Isaiah 29:12 "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

YES, come on out of that DEEP SLEEP. one's eyes have been closed a long time that why one needs eyesalve. see Revelation 3:18.... (smile).

The Lord Jesus is ONLY WISE Counsellor and is every way fit to be one, for he is the all-wise God.

1 Timothy 1:17 "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Richard, is this the Father or the Son here in 1 Timothy 1:17 who is the ONLY WISE GOD.

which one the Father or the Son?

PCY

Old 04-20-2018, 09:37 AM

JESUS is GOD

in some doctrine, it states that there is one GOD, but three persons. ok, scripture, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost".

three persons, one GOD?..... let's see.

Matthew 1:22 "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Notice the verse states "God" with us. it did not say the Son was with us, nor the Father with us, nor the Holy Spirit with us, but God with us.

all the persons have to be name "JESUS".

but one might say, it was the son because he save us from our sins. ok, that's a good argument, but you will have one problem. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

so the LORD would have to be the Son. because the apostle Paul said this,

Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ".

question, "WHO IS IT TO APPEAR?". the answer, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation".

so it's JESUS who is the GREAT GOD that is to appear. Acts 1:11 "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

the one that was "seen" is the one that will "APPEAR".

how easy are the scriptures?

PCY

Old 04-20-2018, 06:46 PM

JESUS is God

Don't even have to quote NT scripture, it all in the OT.

someone asks, "is the Lord Jesus in the OT? let's check the record.

Psalms 90:1 "A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

Psalms 90:2 "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God".

say what? the Lord? yes, the Lord and he was....., "Before the mountains were brought forth". where have we hear this before?

Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Proverbs 8:24 "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:25 "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

the SAME ONE, the Lord.

I suggest one read those scriptures again. Psalms 90:1 & 2, Proverbs 8:22-25.

PCY

Old 04-21-2018, 09:45 AM

JESUS is God

Isaiah 50:1 "Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away”.

Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned".

STOP, the “Lord God”, ANOTHER PERSON? Here, the Lord God is the LORD. is this not true, if not who is the "me" in the verse? it's definitely not speaking about Isaiah

See the Lord God is the LORD, now we have, or rather you have a dilemma, just read Psalms 110:1...(smile).

Isaiah 50:5 "The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.

Isaiah 50:6 "I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

NOTICE: He said “I” gave my back to the smiters, not the Lord God gave his back to the smiters, nor Isaiah. who did then? the Lord Jesus.

Isaiah 50:7 "For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

WHAT!, the Lord God will help "ME" again I ask who is the "ME" here?

NOW the conclusion. in verse 1 it starts with the "LORD" and goes to the "Lord" God. is this two Gods? if not who is the "ME" that the Lord God will help.

I can't wait to hear that answer.

PCY.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:08 AM

1,146 posts, read 651,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Is Jesus God?

Most Christians believe he is
If God did not die upon the cross, we are all of us lost in our sins and subject to the second death.

If God did not rise from the dead after His crucifixion, we have no hope in our own eternal salvation.

Secular records of the life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ exist in greater number than the accounts of the life and times of Julius Caesar. If we did not have the Biblical record, the secular record would be sufficient documentation of a divine visitation upon the earth.

Those who doubt have no justification for their misplaced conviction. It is an historic fact.

What is also true is that most will not believe it and be lost to God forever in the second death.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 04-23-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
If God did not die upon the cross, we are all of us lost in our sins and subject to the second death.

If God did not rise from the dead after His crucifixion, we have no hope in our own eternal salvation.

Secular records of the life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ exist in greater number than the accounts of the life and times of Julius Caesar. If we did not have the Biblical record, the secular record would be sufficient documentation of a divine visitation upon the earth.

Those who doubt have no justification for their misplaced conviction. It is an historic fact.

What is also true is that most will not believe it and be lost to God forever in the second death.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
AMEN, keep on hollering from the choir loft.

PCY

Old 04-23-2018, 07:44 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,616,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choir loft View Post
if god did not die upon the cross, we are all of us lost in our sins and subject to the second death.

If god did not rise from the dead after his crucifixion, we have no hope in our own eternal salvation.

Secular records of the life, ministry, death and resurrection of jesus christ exist in greater number than the accounts of the life and times of julius caesar. If we did not have the biblical record, the secular record would be sufficient documentation of a divine visitation upon the earth.

What is also true is that most will not believe it and be lost to god forever in the second death.

That's me, hollering from the choir loft...
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity