Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 11:26 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
The Father spoke through His Son so it was God talking which is Jesus because Jesus spoke it. Yes, the Father is greater than the Son but all things have been given to the Son who happens to be the Creator of the universe. Word spoken, things come into being. It's not complicated. God spoke, His word is Jesus. Jesus is Lord. God thought to Himself...time to roll up my sleeves and do this Myself, they do not listen to the prophets I have sent...time to become a Man myself and get 'er done.
Cute synopsis!

Old 12-07-2020, 01:36 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
The Father spoke through His Son so it was God talking which is Jesus because Jesus spoke it. Yes, the Father is greater than the Son but all things have been given to the Son who happens to be the Creator of the universe. Word spoken, things come into being. It's not complicated. God spoke, His word is Jesus. Jesus is Lord. God thought to Himself...time to roll up my sleeves and do this Myself, they do not listen to the prophets I have sent...time to become a Man myself and get 'er done.
It was the son who spoke through his obedient servant Jesus about 'THE Father' who is greater than he, 'THE SON' who revealed himself to us through the words he spoke and the miracles he performed through his obedient servant Jesus who his chose as his heir, to sit in his throne, on the day he was baptised, when the spirit of the Lord our savior descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee," or as said in Hebrews 5: 5; "You are my son, 'TODAY' I have become your Father."

Acts 3: 13; "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, etc."

The words, "The Father is greater than I." as spoken through Jesus, did not originate from the man Jesus, but were the words that he was commanded to say by 'The Son of Man.' The same as the words; "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up," as spoken through Jesus, did not originate from him, but from the lord, who raised the body of Jesus from the grave.

Last edited by The Anointed; 12-07-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 12-07-2020, 04:10 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Good point ^ above ^ that the Lord, who raised the body of Jesus from the grave.
Raised the ' body ' in the sense of removing it forever, and 'resurrecting' Jesus from the grave ( Acts 2:27,24,32; 3:15; 5:30; Colossians 2:12 )
...........For the last Adam (Jesus) became a life-giving spirit ( or resurrected spirit person ) - 1st Cor. 15:45
Jesus being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit - 1st Peter 3:18 B
Alive in the spirit because 'flesh...' (physical ) can Not inherit God's kingdom......1st Cor. 15:50

Old 12-07-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Good point ^ above ^ that the Lord, who raised the body of Jesus from the grave.
Raised the ' body ' in the sense of removing it forever, and 'resurrecting' Jesus from the grave ( Acts 2:27,24,32; 3:15; 5:30; Colossians 2:12 )
...........For the last Adam (Jesus) became a life-giving spirit ( or resurrected spirit person ) - 1st Cor. 15:45
Jesus being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit - 1st Peter 3:18 B
Alive in the spirit because 'flesh...' (physical ) can Not inherit God's kingdom......1st Cor. 15:50
And you are correct, after all physical life forms on this planet have been destroyed by heavenly fire shortly after the thousand years rule of Christ, and the oceans of the earth have been evaporated to be seen no more, those spirits who have all suffered the first death, will then be divided by He who sits on the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, the spirits of the righteous on his right, and the spirits of the unrepentant wicked on his left, as revealed by Jesus in Matthew 25, where in verse 34 it is said; "Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world.

And in verse 41; “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!"

Or, as has been revealed by John the beloved disciple of Jesus in Revelation 21: 5-8; Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Once the unrepentant wicked have suffered the second and everlasting death, which is the penalty for sin, and the righteous have inherited the Kingdom of God, which flesh and blood cannot inherit, death and the world of the dead will be no more.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
And you are correct, after all physical life forms on this planet have been destroyed by heavenly fire shortly after the thousand years rule of Christ, and the oceans of the earth have been evaporated to be seen no more, those spirits who have all suffered the first death, will then be divided by He who sits on the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, the spirits of the righteous on his right, and the spirits of the unrepentant wicked on his left, as revealed by Jesus in Matthew 25, where in verse 34 it is said; "Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world.

And in verse 41; “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!"

Or, as has been revealed by John the beloved disciple of Jesus in Revelation 21: 5-8; Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Once the unrepentant wicked have suffered the second and everlasting death, which is the penalty for sin, and the righteous have inherited the Kingdom of God, which flesh and blood cannot inherit, death and the world of the dead will be no more.
When does your crystal ball expect the Oceans to dry up?
... ... in a few hundred million years or that of a billion?

Old 12-07-2020, 06:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
“Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.”
Now, where have I heard those words before?...

Old 12-07-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When does your crystal ball expect the Oceans to dry up?
... ... in a few hundred million years or that of a billion?
When did the oceans on Mars dry up, and what caused them to dry up?

The scriptures warn us of a catastrophic event that is going to occur in a little over a thousand years time.

Those who reject the Holy Scripture can walk around like the dinosaurs of old, scratching their backsides, looking for their next feed and their next sexual experience, but those who believe, will make preparations for the coming disaster.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet.

Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more, humble Race of men will people this earth.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
When did the oceans on Mars dry up, and what caused them to dry up?

The scriptures warn us of a catastrophic event that is going to occur in a little over a thousand years time.
Roughly four billion years ago, the core of Mars became inactive, its magnetic field disappeared; and the solar wind, and radiation stripped the atmosphere away. But you are claiming that there is only a thousand years before this happens to the Earth? Well, there is one thing for sure - none of us, who live today will be here. Although, the Oceans will be, however the landscape may change a bit, Mate!

Old 12-07-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now, where have I heard those words before?...
In the Holy Scriptures mate, In the Holy Scriptures.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Roughly four billion years ago, the core of Mars became inactive, its magnetic field disappeared; and the solar wind, and radiation stripped the atmosphere away. But you are claiming that there is only a thousand years before this happens to the Earth? Well, there is one thing for sure - none of us, who live today will be here. Although, the Oceans will be, however the landscape may change a bit, Mate!
Not according to the scriptures that you reject. The scriptures which state that after the thousand year rule of Christ, fire will incinerated the earth.

Rev 21: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth disappeared, and the sea vanished.

Perhaps the heavenly fire storm will cause the earth to shift on its axis, and with the poles changed, the earth will not be like the earth of old, and will present its face to a new vision of the heavens, and the oceans, and all physical life forms will have vanished.

And BTW, our solar system was not even created until 4.6 billion years ago. And I am not claiming that whatever happened to Mars, to cause its oceans to vanish, will be the same as what is to occur to the earth.

But, as you claim that Mars lost its oceans, some 400 million years after the creation of the Solar System, which was created some 4.6 billion years ago, then you haven't a clue as to when the prophesied fiery destruction of all life and the oceans of this planet is to occur.

All you can do is to deny that the scripture are to be trusted.

A few astronomers think that there might be another planet or companion star orbiting the Sun far beyond the orbit of Pluto. This distant planet/companion star may or may not exist. The hypothesized origin of this hypothetical object is that a celestial object, perhaps a hard-to-detect cool, brown dwarf star (called Nemesis), was captured by the Sun's gravitational field. This planet is hypothesized to exist because of the unexplained clumping of some long-period comet's orbits. The orbits of these far-reaching comets seem to be affected by the gravitational pull of a distant, Sun-orbiting object.

Like I said, we haven't got a clue what's out there coming to ward us.

I call upon the star 'Tishtar/Jupiter' the Brilliant, the glorious; at the time when it is in the form of a Bull, with golden horns, I call it most.(Vendidad, (Parlavi), XIX. 126)---Haug, Essays, p.389.

Jupiter three parts eclipsed by a heavenly body, perhaps a small brown dwarf, who knows what is out there? "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy old mate.

Last edited by The Anointed; 12-07-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.