Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 10:19 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times

Advertisements

I dont have any intent to undermine or demean anyone’s faith, but I am simply stating my opinion according my MY logic, only for a knowledge sharing dialogue - And I could be wrong, but here is what I think.

Say you have a giraffe and you take it out and tell the people that it's your son, perhaps no one will believe you because a human's son is always a human.

A giraffe's son will always be a giraffe.

An elephant's son is always be an elephant.

We know that - The "kind" and "nature" doesn't change.

You follow?

So a God's son must also be a God. Agreed?

So by logic and reason, Jesus is God, because he is God's Son. Agreed?

Now, 2 points to ponder here.

1 - Jesus prayed and worshiped. Who did Jesus pray to? God does not pray to ANYONE!

2 - Jesus was asked when will the last hour arrive? He said "I don't know!".

For Jesus to be God, he MUST have to know this. A God, by definition, will NEVER say "I don't know", unless of course if he is lying. But why a God would lie? And if he did, I won’t follow a liar God.

So, IMO (and it's only my opinion) from point 1&2 Jesus cannot be God. And if he is not God then he is also NOT the son of God either because a son of God must also be a God.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:29 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I dont have any intent to undermine or demean anyone’s faith, but I am simply stating my opinion according my MY logic, only for a knowledge sharing dialogue - And I could be wrong, but here is what I think.

Say you have a giraffe and you take it out and tell the people that it's your son, perhaps no one will believe you because a human's son is always a human.

You follow?

1 - Jesus prayed and worshiped. Who did Jesus pray to? God does not pray to ANYONE!

For Jesus to be God, he MUST have to know this. A God, by definition, will NEVER say "I don't know"

So, IMO (and it's only my opinion) from point 1&2 Jesus cannot be God. And if he is not God then he is also NOT the son of God either because a son of God must also be a God.
I am assuming that you believe in creation through the process of evolution by an intelligent designer.

Who is the ancestor of we 'HUMANS?' in what body did humans develop?

Who is the ancestor of "THE SON OF MAN?' in what body does 'The Son of Man,' develop?

And you believe that humans must be the animal ancestors in who we developed, and you believe that 'The Son of man' must be a human being do you?

You don't have a clue as to the process in which God's Sons are born, do you?

Old 11-04-2020, 10:40 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

You follow?

For Jesus to be God, he MUST have to know this. A God, by definition, will NEVER say "I don't know", unless of course if he is lying. But why a God would lie? And if he did, I won’t follow a liar God.

Your argument (opinion) doesn't take into account the triune nature of God nor the hypostatic union of Jesus.

The hypostatic union of Jesus: In the person of Jesus Christ are two natures. His divine nature as God, and his human nature as a man. The attributes of each nature adhere to their respective natures. That is, the attributes of Jesus' nature as God don't mix with the attributes of his human nature. Jesus is therefore not part God and part man, but fully God and fully man. Therefore, as a man Jesus could be ignorant of certain things even though as God he is omniscient. As a man Jesus could refrain from accessing his omniscience as God.

The triune nature of God: Jesus is God but he didn't pray to himself. He prayed to the Father who is also God. Not two different gods. One God existing as three distinct 'persons' --- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

And Jesus as the Son of God is not to be understood in a literal manner, but the Father/Son analogy describes the nature of their relationship to each other at least within the framework of the Divine plan of creation and salvation. In carrying out the Divine plan, the second person of the Trinity takes a subservient position to the first person of the Trinity. As a son obeys his father in a human family (or should) so Jesus carried out the plan of the 'Father' in the Divine plan.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Your argument (opinion) doesn't take into account the triune nature of God nor the hypostatic union of Jesus.

The hypostatic union of Jesus: In the person of Jesus Christ are two natures. His divine nature as God, and his human nature as a man. The attributes of each nature adhere to their respective natures. That is, the attributes of Jesus' nature as God don't mix with the attributes of his human nature. Jesus is therefore not part God and part man, but fully God and fully man. Therefore, as a man Jesus could be ignorant of certain things even though as God he is omniscient. As a man Jesus could refrain from accessing his omniscience as God.

The triune nature of God: Jesus is God but he didn't pray to himself. He prayed to the Father who is also God. Not two different gods. One God existing as three distinct 'persons' --- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

And Jesus as the Son of God is not to be understood in a literal manner, but the Father/Son analogy describes the nature of their relationship to each other at least within the framework of the Divine plan of creation and salvation. In carrying out the Divine plan, the second person of the Trinity takes a subservient position to the first person of the Trinity. As a son obeys his father in a human family (or should) so Jesus carried out the plan of the 'Father' in the Divine plan.
Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

The only time that Jesus was anointed was by Mary the sister of Lazarus, who should not be confused with Mary Magdalene, and that anointment was in preparation for his death and burial.

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord’s face.

[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

And the Most-High, said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." (Enoch, was the first to be released.)

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

Enoch’s body of corruptible matter, was translated to a glorious body of blinding light.

The Books of Enoch were cherished by the early Christians from which Jesus and his apostles taught, right up until the fourth century, when, under the ban of dogmatic authorities of the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, such as Hilary, Jerome, and Augustine, they passed out of circulation and were thought lost for millennia.

The books of Enoch were obviously read and believed by the author of the book of Hebrews, who wrote in Hebrews 11: 5; “By faith Enoch was translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

Good News Bible- Catholic Study Edition, Hebrews 10: 5; For this reason, when Christ (The Anointed one) was about to come into the world, he said to God: “You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but you have prepared a body for me.

You are not pleased with animals burnt whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins.

Then I said, ‘Here I am, to do your will, O God, just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.’

That body was the young man Jesus, the son of Mary and her half brother Joseph, who were both sired by Heli (Alexander Helios III) by different mothers, who became the heir and successor of the anointed one on the day that he was baptised, and the spirit of our savior descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, “You are my Son, (My chosen heir and successor) ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee,” or as said in Hebrews 5: 5; “You are my Son, ‘TODAY’ I have become your Father.”

Hebrews 5: 7-10; In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard for his godly fear. Although he was 'A' Son, (Not God's son, or the son of God, but 'A' son of God) he learned obedience through what he suffered; and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchiz′edek.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:37 AM

614 posts, read 173,011 times
Why do we need a hypostatic union? God created man in His image. Jesus reminded us, in defense of Himself, that the Lord called us gods. Even if man was fallen, God should be able to interact with him. There doesn't seem to be the separation necessary for a reunion to take place to begin with. This may be just arguing from the standpoint of some kind of situation that we have to invent. We need to see God a certain way, or we can't accept something. What is it that we can't accept? I have a hunch it is the same thing the Pharisees could not accept.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Why do we need a hypostatic union? God created man in His image. Jesus reminded us, in defense of Himself, that the Lord called us gods. Even if man was fallen, God should be able to interact with him. There doesn't seem to be the separation necessary for a reunion to take place to begin with. This may be just arguing from the standpoint of some kind of situation that we have to invent. We need to see God a certain way, or we can't accept something. What is it that we can't accept? I have a hunch it is the same thing the Pharisees could not accept.
And what way do you see God, not that any one can see He, who is all that exists, and how can you stand outside of all that exists in order to see him? You can't. The only way you can see God in who all things exist, is to look from within.

Romans 1: 18; God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known. God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain. Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made.

To see God who is invisible energy, you must look at the creation, the living boundless cosmos in which all exists, which is the invisible God made manifest.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:04 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times
Dont you guys have better things to do?
windows need to be washed,floors need to be scrubbed,look around the garage,host a garage sale.
How about a household budget for 2021,it is only months away !

Old 11-05-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Dont you guys have better things to do?
windows need to be washed,floors need to be scrubbed,look around the garage,host a garage sale.
How about a household budget for 2021,it is only months away !
Yes, the Dinosaurs, who are now extinct, walked the earth. working for their food each day, and playing the games that dinosaurs play, and looking for their next sexual encounter, but we're not dinosaurs, mojo.

We want to know the end from the beginning, and try to avoid the end.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Yes there is.
Zechariah 14:3 Then the LORD (YHWH) will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. 4] On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward.
It's not God the Father whose feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. It's Jesus to whom the Tetragrammaton YHWH applies in this passage. It's Jesus who returns to the earth and fights against the nations who will be attacking Jerusalem [v. 2]. Compare with Revelation chapter 19 in which Jesus' return is spoken of and that he kills the armies that make war against him with the sword of his mouth (he speaks a word and they drop dead).

Something relating to this:
https://jewishprophecies.com/2017/07...es-fault-line/

Old 11-05-2020, 09:24 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Yes there is.
Zechariah 14:3 Then the LORD (YHWH) will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. 4] On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward.
It's not God the Father whose feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. It's Jesus to whom the Tetragrammaton YHWH applies in this passage. It's Jesus who returns to the earth and fights against the nations who will be attacking Jerusalem [v. 2]. Compare with Revelation chapter 19 in which Jesus' return is spoken of and that he kills the armies that make war against him with the sword of his mouth (he speaks a word and they drop dead).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes. Geologists discovered that fault line in the Mount of Olives in 1964.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.