Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 02:21 AM

113 posts, read 151,435 times

Advertisements

So many times we are fighting a lot amongst ourselves what is the best genre or music loops to use for our denominations some call it worship wars. Today let’s look at our own inner and individual worship wars. The heart, the mouth and the worship

The heart
It’s difficult to say which is the best body part or organ but the heart takes the crown for me, it does unimaginable job. But the heart is the core of everything, it’s the core of Christianity and it’s the core of our worship.

The mouth
Of all body parts the mouth is one of the most amazing body parts that we have been given. Like James says “James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be”.

The mouth is the last first part of the creative process and God spoke the word and it was, our mouth declare what has and is to be.

What does this have to do with Worship?

Someone once said Worship is reminding God who says He says in his word.

The heart has feelings, emotions and desires, the mouth just declares whatever the heart yearns.

So if the mouth declares whatsoever the heart is feeling or desires. I have one thing about all this, Luke 6:45… “for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks”. Think about it, does our worship come from the abundance of the heart or it’s just a mix match of Christianize or that part of being a worshipper that just knows how to speak the right words.

Is the worship expressed by our mouth a true reflection of how our heart feels?

It’s easy to point finger but as an individual does your worship come from that place of just utter gratitude and love. If worship is not lip service which means worship isn’t just spoken its lived. Our hearts live the worship and our mouth expresses that worship.

The important part is the worship that springs or that wells from within our hearts expressed in and through our lives.

May the meditations of our hearts and words of our mouth glorify you always
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 10:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,518 times
It is written;

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth"

"By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned"

"Whoever acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"

"Whoever hears you hears me"

"Where I am that's where my servant will be"

"As the Father sent me so I send you"

"Whoever refuses to honor the son refuses to honor the Father who sent him."

Old 05-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Amen.. the word of God in it self and we should live what it says

Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 PM

174 posts, read 306,253 times
I have found that the sincerest prayers for me are those in which I simply thank God for the gift of life, the opportunity to live in and experience His creation, and thank Him for the opportunity to become a member of His eternal family through faith in Jesus, despite my sins and shortcomings. This is a prayer that I can pray repeatedly without feeling as though I'm "performing" for God by trying to find more elaborate words. I can remember in kindergarten (60 years ago!) when we would always pray Thomas Aquinas' simple prayer: "Thank you for the world so sweet; thank you for the food we eat; thank you for the birds that sing; thank you, God, for everything!" I'm not sure that can be improved upon. I also enjoy it in church when, instead of some elaborate "performance" prayer, someone will simply pray something along the lines of "Father, I don't have the words to express what is in my heart. I ask the Holy Spirit to lift up to you what is in my heart." Lastly, I try to stay aware of the admonition to be "continually" in prayer -- which I don't interpret to mean walking around chanting "Lord Jesus have mercy" like a mantra, but rather to do all things with an awareness of God and a prayerful attitude.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Most times we so overcomplicate God and super spiritualise Christianity when its all simple and done out of love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity