Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Virgin Mary in heaven?
Yes 29 74.36%
No 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,368,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As far as we know, her body is in the ground. We can imagine her spirit is in heaven
The bible does not say how Mary died. It does not say how Paul and Peter were martyred. However, historians knew how Peter and Paul died. During those days the bones of dead martyrs were venerated. No word on the bones of Mary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 03:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,251,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
No word on the bones of Mary.
Catholics believe in the Assumption of Mary. Meaning she was taken bodily up to Heaven at the end of her life here on Earth. To Catholics, there can be no bones.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-07-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 832,854 times
I do not know why you call the mother of Jesus a virgin. She was married and had children. If you believe your church that she stayed a virgin, that is your business. But I believe that she died as every human and not went to Heaven in her own body, that would exclude her from the kingdom. If she changed she has not her old body and when her body went to the grave, you will not find any virgin anymore, believe it or not the virgin is dead. I do not know, if souls in Heaven are called virgins. Mary being an eternal virgin is another myth of the RCC, but her soul is with Jesus and she will come back to earth to receive her new immortal body.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:43 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,368,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
I do not know why you call the mother of Jesus a virgin. She was married and had children. If you believe your church that she stayed a virgin, that is your business. But I believe that she died as every human and not went to Heaven in her own body, that would exclude her from the kingdom. If she changed she has not her old body and when her body went to the grave, you will not find any virgin anymore, believe it or not the virgin is dead. I do not know, if souls in Heaven are called virgins. Mary being an eternal virgin is another myth of the RCC, but her soul is with Jesus and she will come back to earth to receive her new immortal body.
Fair post. Is the Noah living to be 930 years of age a myth too?

Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Or is she six feet under!
Six feet under...

Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
So are you telling me there is no one in heaven. Everybody is in the ground and dead?

Can you quote the verse where it says everybody is dead? That goes along with a non-religious view. Are you talking off the record?

Show me where in the bible it says there is no one in heaven.
Show me where it says they are...

Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,764,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Show me where it says they are...
he can't because it is not in there. It comes from his church and that is all. Even Jesus said that all were dead in the ground.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:28 AM

368 posts, read 392,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
I do not know why you call the mother of Jesus a virgin. She was married and had children.
There is no statement in Scripture that Mary had other children, so I don't know where you are inventing that from. The best you can find is the statement that Jesus himself had other relatives.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,764,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
There is no statement in Scripture that Mary had other children, so I don't know where you are inventing that from. The best you can find is the statement that Jesus himself had other relatives.
Jesus had a brother, James, or didn't you know that?! If He had a brother then where do you think His brother came from? My oh my people, just think! Mary had other children and that is known for a fact.

Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14, His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.

There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical: “But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus” (Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity