Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 05:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,737,906 times

Advertisements

Could use some uplifting.

Can anyone share quotes from the Bible about dealing with pain. And that pain won't last forever. Or even good things that can come from pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
I cannot speak about physical pain, but emotional pain. My marriage broke up in 2011 under wicked circumstances. I was suicidal because of the pain that Satan caused in my life and the lives of others. I have moved three times (God brought me to my new, permanent home now) and most of my verses and readings that got me through are still packed but I have gotten into God's Word and have written down many verses that are extremely helpful to me to this day. I will give the verse for you to read. I use the NIV Rainbow Study Bible.

My mantra to this day is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God". This gets me calmed down whenever I suffer from anxiety. Works every time!

Trust in the Lord-Psalm 4:8, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 121:7-8, Deuteronomy 31:6,8, Matthew 6:25-34, Phillipians 4:6-7, 2Corinthians 4:17, Isaiah 55:8-9, Isaiah 41:10 (read when fearful), Psalm 32:8 (God is in control of our lives)

Strength from the Lord-Psalm 27, Phillipians 4:13, Luke 1:37, Psalm 40:2

Peace-John 14:27, Psalm 34:18, Colossians 3:2, Romans 12:2

Isaiah 43:18

Max Lucado is a well known author and pastor of Oakhills Church in San Antonio. He has written a book called "You'll Get Through This". Here is a quote from him that will surely help you. My church did a study on his book, perhaps you can find one close to you, or at least read the book. God Bless You.

“You'll get through this. It won't be painless. It won't be quick. But God will use this mess for good. In the meantime don't be foolish or naïve. But don't despair either. With God's help you will get through this.”

Old 05-08-2014, 08:15 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Could use some uplifting.

Can anyone share quotes from the Bible about dealing with pain. And that pain won't last forever. Or even good things that can come from pain.
The one passage that comes to my mind is the one about casting all you cares upon Him. Or this one:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Now I know that doesn't deal with pain, but I will tell you what I do when my 'ole body starts to ache. I say something such as this: "In the Name of Yahweh Raffah, the God that heals, I rebuke this _____________pain," and is does ease up.

Now can I say for positive your pain will go away completely, and never come back? No.

This might help also:
Ps 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Ps 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but Yahweh delivereth him out of them all.

Ro 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:18 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times

Your Love Never Fails - Newsboys (with lyrics) - YouTube

Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Hi southkakkatlantan,

Rev 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

I don't know a person who has not been through pain. Some more than others. I really do firmly believe that no matter what you are going through, that one day... it's going to be ok. Though it may not seem like it sometimes... but try to have faith: "our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us". "We wait for it patiently". That is pretty profound when you think about it.

I don't know what you're going through, but try to be still within yourself and ask God to guide you, to comfort you. You know, sometimes even something as small as breathing deeply can help kind of balance you out. Breathe in long and slow, breathing in peaceful thoughts, and exhale disturbing thoughts. Fill your mind and body with peace. May you feel comfort tonight. Saying prayers for you.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Breath in the pain; and exhale for comfort.

Peace, be with you.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
When you are resurrected you will have a new body, a glorified body, without pain or sickness. A body resplendent then you ever thought possible.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Pain in the body can be gone through the authority of the believer from Matthew 18:18...``Very truly I say to you what ever you will bind on earth will be bound in heaven , and what so ever you will loose on earth will be loosed in heaven ``....... Means a judgement of the cross of Christ to be redeemed of sin and to be delivered from dark spirit which can bring pain .... One prayer which Jesus is telling His believers is to tell the Heavenly Father ``I Rebuke the demons of this pain in Jesus name ``... See pain from demons does not belong to believer of Christ ... If you tell God that and the pain does not go then tell Him again and again and your persistence in faith will get His attention

Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Hey southkakkatlantan,
Just checking to see how you are doing...
peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity