Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,458,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

The spirits Christ went and preached to while he was in the spirit were the fallen angels who are presently in chains awaiting the judgement.
And he did it after the "3 days" in the grave/hades/hell. He was raised as a spirit then and could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And he did it after the "3 days" in the grave/hades/hell. He was raised as a spirit then and could.
Read the scripture again. I believe it said in times past or something like that. Anyways, it was before the flood.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 PM

88,765 posts, read 85,156,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
John 13:20 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."

Colossians 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
If you intended to make a point in there in response to what I said by posting those particular verses, I missed it, sorry. I still don't like cutesy little "Christian" slogans. Doesn't mean others can't like them, of course.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:49 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,892 times
Quote:
The same one Jesus taught. Remember "Gospel" means Good News.

KJV Matthew 6: 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

NIV Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

NJB Matthew 24:14 'This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed to the whole world as evidence to the nations. And then the end will come.
this ^^^^^
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33)
Tried to rep ya!

Last edited by mshipmate; 05-24-2014 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Fad?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What are you humming?

Yes, it's a fad, at least the term is. Do you think anyone in the nearly-2000 years of Christianity before maybe the 1980s or 1990s went around shrieking that Jesus was their personal savior? The term might have had some impact the first time it was used, I suppose, but then when these little catch-phrases become overused, they sound silly and demean the very point they were first intended to make.

Think of "born-again Christian", a term that became popular in the mid-70s. Now it just sounds dated and well, stuck in the Seventies.

I guess I'm just not into "pop Christianity", or, as our poster cpg#### calls it, "The Church of What's Happenin' Now".

Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,892 times
Quote:

Quote:
He was raised as a spirit then and could.
Would you please supply Scriptures to show when Christ was raise as a spirit? Tks...

Old 05-24-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
"Accept My Son as your Personal Savior or burn in hell for all eternity."

Doesn't sound like good news to me.

God could have created a separate place from the fallen angels that is devoid of fire where He could have sent non-believers; that He felt this compulsion to throw His fallen children into the same flames speaks volumes to this god of love/hate that Jews and pagan religions worshipped.

Dawkins famously described the god of the Old Testament:

Line this god, yahweh up with Zeus, Jupiter and other pagan deities and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Sure you would. There are no pictures of Yahweh!

Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 PM

33,351 posts, read 26,577,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I find the whole "Jesus as your personal savior" fad silly. Makes Christ sound like a disposable razor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
John 13:20 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."

Colossians 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If you intended to make a point in there in response to what I said by posting those particular verses, I missed it, sorry. I still don't like cutesy little "Christian" slogans. Doesn't mean others can't like them, of course.
You seemed to me to be denying the need to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation. Therefore, I presented two verses which speak of receiving Christ as Savior. But it seems that you were referring to the use of catch-phrases instead.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 PM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Default What Gospel Do You Believe & Preach?

Christ has risen and abides with us within our consciousness as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant. God IS love. We are to follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. Christ has done what we could not. It is finished. We will reap whatever we sow and have not repented for. Our deficiencies will be refined out as dross in the consuming fire of God's love and we are "saved as by fire."

Old 05-25-2014, 09:58 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,803,502 times
I like two things, some of which appear in other Gospels, but all of t=which appear in Matthew:

The two great commandments: 1) Love God, Love your neighbor as your self and 2) whatever you do to these, the least of My brethren you do to ME!

Funny how so many so called Christians run from these ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity