Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:04 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times

Advertisements

John Hagee preaches the Gospel with a very strong conviction, and that's what I like about him. As for the money aspects, remember that he, as well as all other TV evangelists have to answer to somebody when it comes to using their monetary resources effectively to let the Gospel reach those who desperately need divine guidance. Yes, we shouldn't rely solely on TV Evangelists for inspiration, but at least it's a start to help inspire many who are seeking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 01:14 PM

919 posts, read 3,183,972 times
gluttony is a sin, isn't it?

Old 12-14-2007, 01:40 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Still we have to be very careful there is a flood of every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there attempting to tell us what the Bible says or what God says. They are slick, crafty, manipulative, and deceptive. To tell you the truth I really don't trust any of them only Jesus and the Bible what else do you need?

Turn them off

Close their books

Stop giving to them

Open your Bibles

And pray!
Thanks Marks, I had a post pretty much like yours, but yours was better Too many people put all their trust in man and will not ask God to guide them..I know people with no opinion of their own, no questions, no prayerful searching just "The preacher told me so"

Old 12-14-2007, 01:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Read the thread about van impe below or better yet,you could search this site or someother christian sites about televangelist and you will find hagee. He is like most of the other televangelist..money ,money,money. He lives on a huge ranch for crying out loud. Why doesn`t he scale back his lifestyle and give the money to help the poor like his God tells him to do? No,he would rather spend his money on elaborate tv sets and horses etc. obviously that is more important to him. Doesn`t God say don`t store up treasures on earth? I also have trouble listening to someone who says he is called of God,has the calling of God in his life,so much so that he is on the world stage being the voice of God, interpreting God`s word and he doesn`t have the discipline over his own body. Maybe he has some kind of problem that can`t be controlled but if he is aligning himself with the likes of copeland then he will tell you that God will cure you of any physical or mental ailment. If you are not receiving healing then you don`t have enough faith. Like most televangelist it`s all about fame and fortune. Just because someone holds a bible in their hand and can quote scripture..some of it falsely.. does not make him a man of God. I`ve seen him lately on Kenneth Copelands telethon. `Let`s give the lord a shout of praise in the house of God`.

Just for the record, I lived near Pastor Hagee in San Antonio in the Dominion. He does not live on a Ranch, but has a nice home. No horses, not a ranch.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:13 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Thanks Marks, I had a post pretty much like yours, but yours was better Too many people put all their trust in man and will not ask God to guide them..I know people with no opinion of their own, no questions, no prayerful searching just "The preacher told me so"
I totally agree with that

Old 12-14-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Just for the record, I lived near Pastor Hagee in San Antonio in the Dominion. He does not live on a Ranch, but has a nice home. No horses, not a ranch.
I apologize if I am wrong but I remember a while back on his tv show,he was talking about his ranch and they showed him on this huge ranch with horses etc. I have actually heard talk about his ranch a couple of times but that was a while back. Maybe he moved or maybe he sold most of his posessions and gave them to the poor. Thanks for pointing out the error on my part if he doesn`t live on a ranch any longer.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
John Hagee preaches the Gospel with a very strong conviction, and that's what I like about him. As for the money aspects, remember that he, as well as all other TV evangelists have to answer to somebody when it comes to using their monetary resources effectively to let the Gospel reach those who desperately need divine guidance. Yes, we shouldn't rely solely on TV Evangelists for inspiration, but at least it's a start to help inspire many who are seeking.
I can see your point there

Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Still we have to be very careful there is a flood of every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there attempting to tell us what the Bible says or what God says. They are slick, crafty, manipulative, and deceptive. To tell you the truth I really don't trust any of them only Jesus and the Bible what else do you need?
Quote:

Very well said

Turn them off

Close their books

Stop giving to them

Open your Bibles

And pray!

Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 PM

13 posts, read 34,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I agree. There is a tendancy in Christian circles to clump together all the TV evangelists into one category: Bad. That is a huge mistake. They cannot all be bad. In fact, people who otherwise would not have heard the gospel are hearing it because of the Word of God being broadcast over the airwaves of television and radio. They need to be supported financially by someone, and if not Christians, then who?

Which ministries Christians support and/or do not support is between them and the Lord and their own discretion as God gives wisdom. Gospel for Asia is a broadcast that has reached untold millions in martyr territory. They and ministries like them should be supported in prayer and financially according to a Christian's means. How else will the message get out?

dave

Old 12-15-2007, 10:02 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,706,752 times
Haggee does, indeed, have a ranch. But it's not his home. I believe it's for the church as they hold events there. He was recently using a bobcat to move some brush and seriously hurt his leg.

I used to go to that church but left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity