Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times

Advertisements

You just made my point exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:42 PM

550 posts, read 517,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
We don't go to church because there are too many hypocritical people there. We have a good relationship with God and we are happy with that. He doesn't care if we show up, as long as we serve in some way, and we do.
Smart!

Last thing you need is to be influenced by those Pagans.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
We don't go to church because there are too many hypocritical people there. We have a good relationship with God and we are happy with that. He doesn't care if we show up, as long as we serve in some way, and we do.
I have a friend who says, "Complaining that there are hypocrites at church is like complaining that there are overweight people at the gym."

Food for thought, but I'm not criticizing you. If you are not getting anything out of church, why go? You can indeed serve God in other ways. I'm currently in a church that I like that I was led to, with a minimum of hypocrites (they're everywhere, believe me), but I've had periods where I did not affiliate with any church because attending church did nothing to further my walk with God.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:36 PM

550 posts, read 517,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have a friend who says, "Complaining that there are hypocrites at church is like complaining that there are overweight people at the gym."

Food for thought, but I'm not criticizing you. If you are not getting anything out of church, why go? You can indeed serve God in other ways. I'm currently in a church that I like that I was led to, with a minimum of hypocrites (they're everywhere, believe me), but I've had periods where I did not affiliate with any church because attending church did nothing to further my walk with God.
I'm sure he's smarter than that. I'm sure he'll take his chances at home as will I.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:39 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Ozzyrules, you have convicted me. Your post has plagued me to no end, although I have tried over these many years to push these things out of my mind.

I am UR. I belong to a local Baptist church which preaches contrary to most all of my beliefs. I have run full circle during my 50+ years of studying the Scriptures. I started out believing folks were burning in hell and would someday be called forth to be tried by God and then be sentenced to suffer forever in a Lake of Fire. I then went the total annillation route. Deeper study has enabled me to see the fullness of God and His love toward his creatures. My present church continues to teach the suffering in hell bit as well as the eternal punishing in the Lake of Fire. It is hard for me to sit there and listen to this kind of preaching which is contrary to the very nature of God. I keep my mouth shut and bear it because my wife really likes the pastor and the church members. I wish you had not brought this up. You are not giving me any peace with this.

God Bless you, my Brother.
Appreciate you sharing that.

I can imagine someone at your church telling you, "You just have to have FAITH!"

My response to such a person would be, "Faith in what? I already believe in God 100%. But I can't accept and financially promote your corrupted creeds and doctrines."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity