Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:47 PM

550 posts, read 518,915 times

Advertisements

The problem with the churches is, the majority of the congregation are looking for "feel good" sermons. they could care less about the prophecies, truth and consequences spoken of in the Holy Bible. they just need to hear "Jesus is Love" and watch the chants and dance competition down the isles ensue. It's like a damn club.

It's about dress code, funding and being Pagans. and most Preachers are fine with that also.

TD Jakes comes to mind since he has a Mega-church in Grand Prairie and HE is all about the dollar dollar bill..

He even got a bookstore INSIDE the church looks almost as big as Barnes & Noble sellling everthing from t-shirts to coozies for Christ.

but when you go in to hear his Sermon, it's a huge continuous pity party about his life complete with crying and tears EVERYTIME. 4 times I went and this is what happend.

You'd be hard-pressed to get a scripture discussed in detail from that guy.

Last edited by OneFormula; 07-12-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 09:48 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,943,710 times
- I rarely attend assemblies anymore.

So few doctrines have worked out for them.
But they still want people to work-them as if they will work out.

Tired of Yoyo tricks.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:33 AM

446 posts, read 486,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Ozzy, I have had to deal with this very issue in my own life. Things sure would have been much easier if God had just said "do this, this and this and do it this way and never this way" on everything and then we could agree. But God did not choose to lay it out for us in such a manner. And who has the right to question God's way's?

I respect your faith.
Just wanted to comment that in the Islamic doctrine, every act has been clearly defined. It gives a protocol for everything you do in life, even how to trim your nails.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:57 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,589,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
I respect your faith.
Just wanted to comment that in the Islamic doctrine, every act has been clearly defined. It gives a protocol for everything you do in life, even how to trim your nails.
I could never be a Muslim. As a Christian I am free to trim my nails any way I wish by the grace of God.

To OP: can you name any club, political party, workplace or charity you are a part of or support that you agree with 100%? I don't know anyone who attends a church that agrees 100% with what is taught. We are not mindless fools. We all attend churches which are right for us. Not perfect.

I can assure you that if I ever found the perfect church, it would be no longer perfect if I joined.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:11 AM

250 posts, read 219,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I actually appreciate hearing that. Because there seem to be many preachers who say the opposite, that those things are important, and I disagree with them.
I believe it is obvious that we do not understand everything perfectly. At least I don't. And I have never met anyone who did. Although I have met many that thought they did.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
I respect your faith.
So why are there differing factions within Islam? Why does on sect claim the other is wrong?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 AM

9,702 posts, read 10,068,333 times
Spiritually it is best that you forgive these people for the hypocrisy which you understand and pray for them to be under the spiritual wisdom and understanding of Lord Jesus ........Then you should show Lord Jesus that you are looking for a new Church as your church here Jesus is off based , as the tolerances in doctrines are compromised with the Gospel .... See wait for the lead in the Spirit for the church which Jesus needs you

Old 07-13-2014, 05:46 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,920,946 times
Sometimes I wonder if such a place is even possible. It would need to have a pretty open and liberal doctrine, and there are few denominations which do.

I also wonder why we feel a need to put God inside the temple again. (A permanent building.) It was clear that he broke down the walls in 70AD. (Not one stone left on another.)

Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Sometimes I wonder if such a place is even possible. It would need to have a pretty open and liberal doctrine, and there are few denominations which do.

I also wonder why we feel a need to put God inside the temple again. (A permanent building.) It was clear that he broke down the walls in 70AD. (Not one stone left on another.)
Truth be told, for most it is a building for us. My ancistors used to meet under a makeshift shed to keep the rain, snow, and sun off of them while they met together. Today we have an conditioned building. Some people like to call it "God's house" but God does not live there. It is really a house for men and women and children to gather together. Nothing more. Some meet in a house. Some meet in a rented hall. Some meet in a building they own. The building has nothing to do with the church. The church is the body of people who meet together. That is what you are looking for. A group of people who believe like you do.

I would point out that it is possible that you are wrong on some things. It happens to the best of us. So if you are looking for a group that believes exactly like you do you may need to start your own group unless you are willing to accept that you may not have perfect knowledge yet.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:24 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,920,946 times
I have no problem with people gathering. My issue is with a special building/room that was built for the purpose of a man to stand in front of a pulpit speaking to a congregation about God. Teaching them what God is all about. That is wrong and I have always felt it ever since I was a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity