Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times

Advertisements

If Jesus came back today he would embrace the Catholic Church because Saint Peter is our first leader and Jesus and Saint Peter had a special relationship.

Secondly the CC is the Church founded by Jesus.

However, Jesus would also embrace all other Christians as well as non-Christians.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:42 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If Jesus suddenly came back to earth today, do you think he approve or disapprove of modern Christianity?
That would depend upon the denomination.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Our definition of "groups" matters not. Only those few who are truly baptized with the Holy Spirit are Christians. The others belong or attend churches and may have been baptized by water but are none of His.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Translation: "People who think like me are Christians and the rest are not."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Well, I'm not an atheist and I believe the Bible to be the word of God. In my opinion, cpg's response was right on the money.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-17-2014 at 03:24 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm guessing he'd be very surprised at how many Christians would be telling Him who's a Christian and who isn't.

"He's a Christian. She's not. That one went to a gay wedding so he's not. That one is a Catholic so obviously he isn't. She uses the wrong Bible so she's not. That one voted for Obama so you should send him to hell. Be sure you condemn my neighbor because he's in a rock band and is married to a woman I'm pretty sure is a feminist."

While Jesus looks at them and says, "So. Who did you feed while I was gone?
Wonderful post, Dew! Sorry I can't rep you again yet.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Good posts, Katz and cpg.

And Dew, you're always on the money.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 PM

250 posts, read 218,942 times
Quote:
I'm guessing he'd be very surprised at how many Christians would be telling Him who's a Christian and who isn't.

"He's a Christian. She's not. That one went to a gay wedding so he's not. That one is a Catholic so obviously he isn't. She uses the wrong Bible so she's not. That one voted for Obama so you should send him to hell. Be sure you condemn my neighbor because he's in a rock band and is married to a woman I'm pretty sure is a feminist."

What is so ironic is that so many who think they are Christians will find out they are not according to Jesus.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:57 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:

Yes...this! I was trying to compose a response to the OP's post. Then I read this. This says it all ...

Old 07-15-2014, 06:06 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
I have been reading your posts and responses to others. I ask you this: where is the love? What Jesus deemed to be the most important thing after loving God with all one's heart, we are to love.
Some love to condemn others love to help.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
What is so ironic is that so many who think they are Christians will find out they are not according to Jesus.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
What is more ironic is that those who currently THINK they know who those people will be may be surprised to find out they could be the ones referred to.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I realize the OP is implying to make Himself appear and visit churches.
ON His actual second coming will be as judge .
So in essence, you will find out how He feels about the churches.
The first few chapters of Revelations He gives a critique of the churches then.
That should be sufficient representation of things to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity