Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times

Advertisements

Why don't babies go to hell? Scriptures please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 AM

57 posts, read 51,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, they are held accountable as their parents are. If believers the child gets grace if the parents are not the death of the child is their FAULT, not God's. Kinda like a drunk father killing his child in a car accident. God did not spare the children in the flood or Sodom. Now a future resurrection for such is possible I will agree. Yjay would give them time to grow understand and .... chose.

The real issue will be at the end when all are alive and judgement comes. Believers live, unbelievers and their children, don't. Parents fault. Being a parent is a responsibility, a grave one.
If the child of an unsaved parent accepts Jesus as his personal savior, he/she will go to heaven. The child's eternity is not dependent on the parent. The child's earthly life may be strongly affected such as parent lost all the family's money, Dad beat the child, On earth, we are a product of our environment unless we make a concerted effort to escape it, which many have done. Insofar as eternity is concerned:
According to John 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

The "whosoever" does not have any exceptions

BUT I think this is a little off topic from the original thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:59 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,934,471 times
The mother has great deal of influence on her child ,from her strengths and weakness and courage and fear, these are instilled in that little person, long before they are born.
Though she may live secretively a double standard the child is getting this , especially in the cases of bipolarization .
It's not necessarily genetic, it's learned.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The mother has great deal of influence on her child ,from her strengths and weakness and courage and fear, these are instilled in that little person, long before they are born.
Though she may live secretively a double standard the child is getting this , especially in the cases of bipolarization .
It's not necessarily genetic, it's learned.
Everything we hear and accept as true shapes us and our world.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:36 PM

618 posts, read 541,505 times
Hello all.

My opinion is worth nothing save that of a single fallible human, but I will say this: if it is true that god assigns to hell the reprobate without opportunity for salvation, either because he hardens their hearts to him or ends their earthly lives before they might have come to know him, then I will feel no remorse when I am judged guilty of rejecting him; for such a being would be unworthy of love or worship regardless of his power.

If I am cut off for all eternity from the god some here are describing, I cannot imagine feeling the worse for it.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:45 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello all.
My opinion is worth nothing save that of a single fallible human, but I will say this: if it is true that god assigns to hell the reprobate without opportunity for salvation, either because he hardens their hearts to him or ends their earthly lives before they might have come to know him, then I will feel no remorse when I am judged guilty of rejecting him; for such a being would be unworthy of love or worship regardless of his power.
If I am cut off for all eternity from the god some here are describing, I cannot imagine feeling the worse for it.
Thanks.
Amen! The God some seem to believe in is definitely NOT worthy of anything but reproach.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,418,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I disagree. A baby is not held accountable because he cannot understand the issue and God cannot be unfair. Anyone who cannot even conceive of the concept of God is not held accountable. Whether the parents are themselves believers or not is irrelevant. I am not going to spend time debating the issue however.
Who died in the flood because of their parents disbelief?

What do we learn from that about the next judgement?

Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrak View Post
If the child of an unsaved parent accepts Jesus as his personal savior, he/she will go to heaven. The child's eternity is not dependent on the parent. The child's earthly life may be strongly affected such as parent lost all the family's money, Dad beat the child, On earth, we are a product of our environment unless we make a concerted effort to escape it, which many have done. Insofar as eternity is concerned:
According to John 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

The "whosoever" does not have any exceptions

BUT I think this is a little off topic from the original thread
Who died in the flood because of their parents unbelief?

What do we learn from that about the next judgement to come?

Old 07-20-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello all.

Thanks.
You are correct and the teaching He does is a sample of Satan's efforts to make God look like .... Satan and turn people away from God.

He doesn't send everyone to Hell, they go to the grave (sheol/hades in scripture) and .. get out.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
I disagree. A baby is not held accountable because he cannot understand the issue and God cannot be unfair. Anyone who cannot even conceive of the concept of God is not held accountable. Whether the parents are themselves believers or not is irrelevant. I am not going to spend time debating the issue however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Who died in the flood because of their parents disbelief?

What do we learn from that about the next judgement?
More than that: What about the Egyptian first born?

But Mike is probably thinking along the lines of DIRECTLY accountable not indirectly - indirectly they just get slaughtered but end up in heaven (think William Lane Craig). Still why not just slaughter the parents or the Pharaoh instead of the children? But since we must a-priori define God as THE GOOD then all his actions must be good as well so he must have good reasons even though they are far from reasonable to us. Such is the faith of... Well I won't say it - I might suffer the Mod's wrath.

Anyway, this thread sure did get off track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity