Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
[/font]

There is no necessity for past events to introduce multiplicity. Your argument is flawed. God had a perfect plan for childbirth before the fall and He had the knowledge of what that would entail. It hadn't happen yet, but God was telling them that the sorrow will now be increased many-fold.

If I plan on giving you five dollars, you don't have to know the amount I'm giving you in order for me to tell you, "I plan on doubling the amount of money I am going to give you."

Also, the Bible records the birth of Cain and Abel, you would have to come up with a plausible explanation as to why the previous births were ignored.

All told, the Bible is clear that Cain and Abel were the first children.

The entire book of Genesis is written in the past tense. This means it is being told from a point after the events.
A. LOL, past events Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth". they obeyed. that not a plan for the future, it WAS a now command.

B. Your argument is flawed. then refute by scripture?.

C. If I plan on giving you five dollars, you don't have to know the amount I'm giving you in order for me to tell you, "I plan on doubling the amount of money I am going to give you.", LOL, you better read A. and the scripture, you're late, (smile).

D. the Bible is clear that Cain and Abel were the first children. YES, of the FALLEN LINE.

please re-read the Genesis account, and open your eyes.

be blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Both verses came after the fall as to events. The multiply and fill was something they were to do and did, after the Fall.

The "called", etc was past tense from Moses who recorded the information. No children before the Fall.

Notice the calling her Eve also occurred after the Fall not before?

After all, if so, then that entire righteous line perished in the flood as Noah and his family were from children after the Fall. Plus no mention of such and definitely not the sons of God in Noah's day or they would have survived the flood.

Real spiritual discernment sees her a mother only after the Fall and in agreement with scripture.
Both verses came after the fall as to events. The multiply and fill was something they were to do and did, after the Fall. ERROR, scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth". this command was before the fall. so try again.

that's why she got the name, because of the fall. so tell me what was her name before the fall?, well.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,046,682 times
Cain took a wife from the beast of the field who was a humanoid without a soul ...

Old 07-20-2014, 05:39 AM

I know what you're talking about, very doubtful.

but the question still arises, scripture, Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me". Just who was these other people who might find Cain and slay him. it is without a doubt that there was other humans, "PEOPLE", on the planet at the time of Cain and Able, before the Adams had more children. because it was after Cain had slain Able, and had children of his own, when the Adams had more children, (seth) Genesis 4:25 "And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew". Cain by now already had children, and built a city, see the scriptures before 4:25. the bible is clear that they, Adam and Eve, had children before the fall, example, Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh". this could not be talking about Adam and Eve. and this is in Genesis chapter 2 before the fall. this is speaking of offspring, children who grow up and leave home. remember this is in chapter 2. if this was speaking of Adam and Eve, well who was their Biological "Father", and "Mother" to LEAVE from?............ thank you, it not about them. it's about their children who the Lord commanded them to have in the first place, scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth".

oh the clues are right there in front of our faces.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
have sex with? was it Eve or did they have a sister? if it was a sister then what was her name and was she older than them? if it was the mother then how old were they and how old was Eve? If it was Eve then how did Adam feel about it?
THE SECOND BOOK OF Adam and Eve

CHAP. I.

The grief stricken family. Cain marries Luluwa and they move away.WHEN Luluwa heard Cain's words, she wept and went to call her father and mother, and told them how thatCain had killed his brother Abel.2 Then they all cried aloud and lifted up their voices, and slapped their faces, and threw dust upon theirheads, and rent asunder their garments, and went out and came to the place where Abel was killed.3 And they found him lying on the earth, killed, and beasts around him; while they wept and cried because ofthis just one. From his body, by reason of its purity, went forth a smell of sweet spices.4 And Adam carried him, his tears streaming down his face; and went to the Cave of Treasures, where he laidhim, and wound him up with sweet spices and myrrh.
5 And Adam and Eve continued by the burial of him in great grief a hundred and forty days. Abel was fifteen and a half years old, and Cain seventeen years and a half. 6 As for Cain, when the mourning for his brother was ended, he took his sister Luluwa and married her, without leave from his father and mother; for they could not keep him from her, by reason of their heavy heart. 7 He then went down to the bottom of the mountain, away from the garden, near to the place where he had killed his brother. 8 And in that place were many fruit trees and forest trees. His sister bare him children, who in their turn began to multiply by degrees until they filled that place. 9 But as for Adam and Eve, they came not together after Abel's funeral, for seven years. After this, however, Eve conceived; and while she was with child, Adam said to her, "Come, let us take an offering and offer it up unto God, and ask Him to give us a fair child, in whom we may find comfort, and whom we may join in marriage to Abel's sister." 10 Then they prepared an offering and brought it up to the altar, and offered it before the Lord, and began to entreat Him to accept their offering, and to give them a good offspring. 11 And God heard Adam and accepted his offering. Then, they worshipped, Adam, Eve, and their daughter, and came down to the Cave of Treasures and placed a lamp in it, to burn by night and by day, before the body of Abel. 12 Then Adam and Eve continued fasting and praying until Eve's time came that she should be delivered, when she said to Adam, "I wish to go to the cave in the rock, to bring forth in it." 13 And he said, "Go, and take with thee thy daughter to wait on thee; but I will remain in this Cave of Treasures before the body of my son Abel." 14 Then Eve hearkened to Adam, and went, she and her daughter. But Adam remained by himself in the Cave of Treasures.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
The scriptures clearly say that they had children in the Garden before the fall, one only need to see Spiritually.

A. Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. take note, one cannot increase, or multiply something unless it have happen. that’s like saying I’m going to increase my speed in the car, and haven even move an inch. read the scripture again, God give information right in front of our faces and yet we still don’t see.

B. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
was is a past tense designation, meaning she was already a mother. one don’t call someone mother unless she have children. not going to have children as some translation try to explain it. no the name “EVE” itself tell us that she is already a mother, and note, the Mother of “all Living”. because now, of sin, every child she produce from hence forth is Spiritually “DEAD”. that's why she WAS the Mother of all “LIVING”. and that name, "EVE", itself tell us she had children. I suggest one read carefully these passages in the genesis account.

be blessed.
While I see what you see, for they were told to multiply and fill the earth while in Eden, my question is this, could that verse just be the writer's insert at the time he was writing down the oral tradition transmitted to him before writing was invented?...One other verse seems out of place, regarding a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his wife and the two becoming one...This verse seems to interrupt the flow of the account, so seems to be a parenthetical thought by the author...It is like saying that Yeshua rose on Sunday morning and that is why we assemle on Sunday for worship, while there is written proof that He rose on Sunday, there is no written proof that the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday, it is only an insert due to observation and opinion...

Old 07-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
[/font]

There is no necessity for past events to introduce multiplicity. Your argument is flawed. God had a perfect plan for childbirth before the fall and He had the knowledge of what that would entail. It hadn't happen yet, but God was telling them that the sorrow will now be increased many-fold.

If I plan on giving you five dollars, you don't have to know the amount I'm giving you in order for me to tell you, "I plan on doubling the amount of money I am going to give you."

Also, the Bible records the birth of Cain and Abel, you would have to come up with a plausible explanation as to why the previous births were ignored.

All told, the Bible is clear that Cain and Abel were the first children.

[font=Verdana]

The entire book of Genesis is written in the past tense. This means it is being told from a point after the events.
Oral transmission until writing was invented...

Old 07-20-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Both verses came after the fall as to events. The multiply and fill was something they were to do and did, after the Fall.

The "called", etc was past tense from Moses who recorded the information. No children before the Fall.

After all, if so, then that entire righteous line perished in the flood as Noah and his family were from children after the Fall. Plus no mention of such and definitely not the sons of God in Noah's day or they would have survived the flood.

Real spiritual discernment sees her a mother only after the Fall and in agreement with scripture.

Genesis 1:
And God said, Let us make man according to our image and likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the flying creatures of heaven, and over the cattle and all the earth, and over all the reptiles that creep on the earth.

*27* And God made man, according to the image of God he made him, male and female he made them.

*28[b]* And God blessed them, saying, Increase and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it[/u], and have dominion over the fish of the seas and flying creatures of heaven, and all the cattle and all the earth, and all the reptiles that creep on the earth.

The command to increase and multiply came before the fall...

Old 07-20-2014, 06:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
What difference would it make to one's life and faith? Wouldn't it be more productive to learn of Jesus and his teachings than to contemplate such things?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Both verses came after the fall as to events. The multiply and fill was something they were to do and did, after the Fall. ERROR, scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth". this command was before the fall. so try again.

that's why she got the name, because of the fall. so tell me what was her name before the fall?, well.
Genesis 1:

23 And the man said: 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity