Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:07 PM

550 posts, read 517,312 times

Advertisements

Since we can ALL agree we are no where near the OT times because Yeshua has come and gone in the NT since that time...SO..that means we are somewhere in the NT, right?

But where, what book do you think we are actually living in? Because ALL the books of the Bible were written about a certain time in history. whether they were written in present tense or future tense as in predictions.

SO, that means we are not in John's time because he's dead too. So after John it's only a couple more Books, Jude and Revelation.

I say we are in Revelation times.
When you break it down like that, it's hard to deny what time we are in.

What say you? What time do you think we are in now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times
We're 2000 years since Christ. In 2000 years we will be 4000 years since Christ. In 4000 years we will be 6000 years since Christ.

And so on.....and so on.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,207,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Since we can ALL agree we are no where near the OT times because Yeshua has come and gone in the NT since that time...SO..that means we are somewhere in the NT, right?
Hate to continue to harp on this...but the NT doesn't mention any guy named Yeshua coming or going.
Quote:

But where, what book do you think we are actually living in? Because ALL the books of the Bible were written about a certain time in history. whether they were written in present tense or future tense as in predictions.
umm.....what? What time period do you think 2 Timothy is? How about Obadiah? 2 Hesitations?
Quote:
SO, that means we are not in John's time because he's dead too. So after John it's only a couple more Books, Jude and Revelation.

Jude's not dead?
Quote:

My calendar says 2014. July 17, to be exact. Is Jesus coming back tomorrow? Maybe. Maybe not for another 3000 years. I don't know. The guy who says he does know is either mistaken or is a liar.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:36 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,476,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post

Matthew 24:36: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Old 07-17-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Matthew 24:36: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Back it up to Matthew 24:33.. READ THAT!

So he tells us the "timeframe" but not the EXACT time. so you were half-right and I was 100% right.

We are indeed in Revelation times people.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:31 PM

250 posts, read 219,073 times
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I would say that is where scripture say's we are.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I would say that is where scripture say's we are.

So WHERE in the Bible would you say that is? scratch the OT since we are FAR from that time...so what book in the NT would you say?

c'mon say it....say it......the Gentiles "time" is almost up btw.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-17-2014 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Red text is reserved for Moderator action

Old 07-17-2014, 03:43 PM

9,692 posts, read 10,030,708 times
Looks like Matthew 24: 8 .....``All these are the beginnings of sorrows ``..............See we see so called climate change which actually means faithlessness and this faithlessness comes from sin , which is the fig leaves , and the growing season of heaven is these days ... See we still have time as the great rebellion is not complete and Jesus still proclaims that an awakening for the harvest of souls for a mass of people has to happen

Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Speaking for myself ..... The sun dawning upon me. Genesis 32:31

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,603,323 times
I will say I'm living in the Book of Ephesians. Because everything that my Christianity represents is in there.

Wait! Come to think of it, I'm in the 8th chapter of Romans..

No, maybe we're in the Book of Isaiah, where hard times were prophesied.

Or maybe 1st John - that might be it

Dude, I just don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity