Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 AM

709 posts, read 378,603 times

Advertisements

Oh! don't you want to understand, that this world has blinded you, so that you can not know about God? Cause if you love this world then you can not know God, but you are like earthly and from earth.

So do not live anymore in joys of this world, instead cover yourselves from this world, so your hearts is not to earthly, but to heavenly ways, and that you search God with full heart, and you stay in Lord Jesus Christ and not walk in lost ways.

Search and you will find, because who will search, it will find.

Exhort from

Mikko Ainasoja

Lord Jesus Christ and God's servant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,047 times
"Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

Old 08-09-2014, 01:24 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,704,028 times
Romans 12:2 ESV - Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
I guess it comes down to which "god" one sees? I think many do know about god, but his disciples have done an excellent job alienating others from him.

I feel there is too much fighting in-house and there is really no reason for me or most people to even be associated with a church where all I get is OPPRESSION, INTIMIDATION, THREATS OF BANISHMENT, and MANIPULATION to be a cookie-cutter mindless religious zombie.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:28 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,247,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I guess it comes down to which "god" one sees? I think many do know about god, but his disciples have done an excellent job alienating others from him.

I feel there is too much fighting in-house and there is really no reason for me or most people to even be associated with a church where all I get is OPPRESSION, INTIMIDATION, THREATS OF BANISHMENT, and MANIPULATION to be a cookie-cutter mindless religious zombie.
This is the time to stay away from organized religion. Well it is always the time, but you know what I mean. We all have access to the Holy Spirit because of Jesus Christ. He did away with the Judaic priesthood over 2000 years ago. We come to him, through him, with boldness and have no need for any high priest except our Savior and King.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,030,719 times
Jesus stood against, oppression, intimidation, threats of banishment and manipulation. If you want to know God, Mikko is right; set your eyes and heart on enquiring after Him. Enoch lived a normal life, like most of us and then managed to turn his attentions in later life, so much so that it is said he didnt die, and was translated into the next world. Start where you are, with what faith you have, something like "God, if you're out there..."

Old 08-10-2014, 06:46 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,614,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Look to Jesus, not man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity