Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:32 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
Many New Testament believers merely switch one sacrifice (bulls and goats) for another (Jesus), (nevermind that God desires mercy and not sacrifice) and they retain the sin consciousness, legalism and an old view of God. Then they try to interpret the New Testament through the Old Testament paradigm.

It doesn't work. You can't put new wine in old wineskins.

The OT has to be understood through the paradigm of Jesus' revelation of the true nature of God, or you end up being a believer in Christ with a warped view of the Father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh my, very profoundly and clearly said.
And Jesus' revelation of the God's Nature is also mine!!!
Thank God.
Amen. It cannot be posted enough!

Old 06-19-2019, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
I didn't vote, because I didn't like any of the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Neither did I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Me Either,
Likewise.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
It's obvious to me, and I thought it would be to you also. If you're trying to get at something specific, I'm not a good guesser, just spit it out.
It's a simple question. How did Jesus death reveal the nature of God? How did it accomplish this revelation? What was the revelation? If you sent your son to his death, would it reveal something about you?

I already explained how it revealed it based on my view, but since you do not agree with that view, I asked you to explain yours.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The word, the divine logos, is not a physical thing
Wait a minute, I just saw this...whadyousay?
Wanna expound on this more?
Cuz you know people think The Word was written with a quill on papyrus.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:22 PM

421 posts, read 153,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's a simple question. How did Jesus death reveal the nature of God? How did it accomplish this revelation? What was the revelation? If you sent your son to his death, would it reveal something about you?

I already explained how it revealed it based on my view, but since you do not agree with that view, I asked you to explain yours.
I already told you what it revealed about God. If you're looking for a 200-page dissertation explaining it in minute detail, then you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have all night. If you can't figure out how Jesus' death reveals the love and mercy of God (and the other things that I listed), then I'm sorry, I don't have time to help you with that.

You haven't even made a single attempt to answer what I asked you.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:26 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

If you have to ask the question, you are not capable of understanding the answer. He forgave even His torturers and murderers and smote no one! What do you not understand about that?

Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you have to ask the question, you are not capable of understanding the answer. He forgave even His torturers and murderers and smote no one! What do you not understand about that?
He understands. He's filibustering.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
He understands. He's filibustering.

LMAO

Old 06-19-2019, 08:44 PM

Lol

Old 06-20-2019, 04:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
I already told you what it revealed about God. If you're looking for a 200-page dissertation explaining it in minute detail, then you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have all night. If you can't figure out how Jesus' death reveals the love and mercy of God (and the other things that I listed), then I'm sorry, I don't have time to help you with that.
I was asking how his death accomplished to reveal any of that considering you do not believe His death settled the sin issue, but apparently that is not something you are able to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.