Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:22 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,208,148 times

Advertisements

Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for all, Matthew 4:4, not just for some. All are not accepting Jesus now, this is true. But the blood of Jesus is for everyone. Please read Romans 8: 19-21.

John 6

32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33 For the bread of God is [i]that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-08-2014 at 06:36 PM..

Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM

63,941 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Did you really doubt that the mainstream Christians follow the apostate anti-Christ views of God and His motives, jimmie??? This is the "latter days" prophesied about. Do not be so pleased to be in the majority denying the agape love of God and Jesus. Everyone who loves is "born of God" (gennao=conceived as an embryo spirit) and knows God and Jesus. Age-during life is to know God and His Son. You might want to cover your hind quarters by trying to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't . . . as Jesus instructed His disciples to do many times. It is the new Pascal's wager solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why do you think I don't love God and others? We haven't met in person.
I don't. Good for you. You are covered then. I am sure that God is pleased with both of us.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:53 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for all, Matthew 4:4, not just for some. All are not accepting Jesus now, this is true. But the blood of Jesus is for everyone. Please read Romans 8: 19-21. God bless.
Yes, the blood of Jesus is for everyone - 1st John 1 v 7
but Jesus' ransom sacrifice is for MANY - Matthew 20 v 28 - because Not all will accept Jesus.
What happens to the wicked according to Psalm 92 v 7 ?___________ ___________
How can the unforgivable sin be forgiven ? _______- Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Where in Romans 8 vs 19-21 does it mention that the wicked will turn righteous?
Who is set free from corruption [ sin ] but ' faithful creation ' such as starting with the sheep of Matthew 25 vs 31,32.

If I may take the liberty to mention at Romans 8 v 14 doesn't it say ' as many as' are led by the spirit of God, they are God's sons?_______ It does Not say ALL are led by God's spirit. Are the unrepentant of 2nd Peter 3 v 9 led by God ?

Didn't Jesus give two [ 2 ] choices at John 3 v 16 ?______
* Those who put faith in Jesus will have everlasting life.
* Those who those who do Not end up putting faith in Jesus will perish [ be destroyed ]

What is the judgment passed at Matthew 7 vs 22,23 ?

Old 08-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Hi Matthew 4:4, I am not trying to turn this thread in to a thread about the eventual restoration of all to God, so I will just share this and let it be. Jesus died for all people, gave Himself as a ransom for all people, not just for some. He gives life to the world, not just a few. Romans 8 tells us:

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [i]in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

hope = elpis = expectation

The whole creation will be set free from corruption and into the freedom of the glory of the children of God or the sons of God. Yes, the sons obtain this freedom first but this will affect the whole creation. Glory to God.

Take care and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-08-2014 at 07:41 PM..

Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:

No, it's not a matter between God and I, Shana. This is your view, which you
insist IS God's view and therefore must be accepted. You say that you aren't
implying that people are rejecting God by rejecting your view, but you most
definitely are implying that. You shut down anyone with a different view as
being against God, but then you have no answers for the things about your view
that don't make sense.
Pleroo, I have thought about what you have shared and I can only say that I have not said that anyone has rejected God on this thread. If I have, please show me. I have shared that some teachings or philosophies, are not in accordance with what the scriptures present. I have said that some posters and I are not in the same boat on this subject. I have not shut down anyone, saying that he or she is against God. If you can show me where I have stated this, please show me. I have said that I am not interested in exploring a certain philosophy. God bless

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-08-2014 at 07:50 PM..

Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,417,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pleroo, I have thought about what you have shared and I can only say that I have not said that anyone has rejected God on this thread. If I have, please show me. I have shared that some teachings or philosophies, are not in accordance with what the scriptures present. I have said that some posters and I are not in the same boat on this subject. I have not shut down anyone, saying that he or she is against God. If you can show me where I have stated this, please show me. I have said that I am not interested in exploring a certain philosophy. God bless
Shana, I'm not going to go back through the thread to try to pick out this or that thing that gave me the impression that I got. I'd rather simply accept that I read you wrong, and that you never intended the things you said in that way. I apologize for assuming something that was not true, and if I've caused you any hurt, I'm deeply sorry for that.

I stand by my conclusion that the view that God needs us to believe something nonsensical in order to be able to forgive us is not in harmony with the character and nature of God as I understand God. I'd much rather you focus on that, so I'm also deeply sorry that what I said deflected from that and hope you will perhaps keep it in the back of your mind. Either way, I'm grateful for you, and for your presence on this forum.

Peace.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Thank you, Pleroo. I am grateful for your presence too, on this forum. God bless.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:12 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
it was planned and deliberate and accomplished by extreme provocation. the intent was to fulfill scripture prophesy.
christianity is a jewish sect. but most jews did not accept the prophesy.
did the rest of the world?
anybody that said they could part the red seas today would be put on meds.
the beliefs of christians these days does not run deep.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:14 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,581,724 times
I don't believe Christ died for my sins. I'm perfectly capable of dying for them myself. I think he came to do what I cannot. Live a perfect life...obedient unto death. It is his sinless life that atones my sins. His death simply shows the depth of his obedience to God the father. I don't think God required a blood sacrifice. I think he required a perfect life to cover mine. Christ came to do what we cannot do. He lived the perfect life for us because we can't. That happened to include dying on the cross but that was man's choice. Christ chose to be obedient to God in spite of man's choice which is something most of us would not be capable of.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 PM

63,941 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't believe Christ died for my sins. I'm perfectly capable of dying for them myself. I think he came to do what I cannot. Live a perfect life...obedient unto death. It is his sinless life that atones my sins. His death simply shows the depth of his obedience to God the father. I don't think God required a blood sacrifice. I think he required a perfect life to cover mine. Christ came to do what we cannot do. He lived the perfect life for us because we can't. That happened to include dying on the cross but that was man's choice. Christ chose to be obedient to God in spite of man's choice.
Great post, Ivory!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity