Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:52 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's what happens every time we address universalism. The clear passages regarding eternal damnation are ignored, and other verses are ripped out of context to try to "prove" universalism.
lol go ahead and post your clear passages and when I have time I will make an answer to all of them, can you do the same.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:53 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You are correct- this sounds like "Prosperity Preachers"- like Joel Osteen. Teach only about Gods Love and forgiveness, but forget personal accoutability, judgement and hell!
some do, some don't.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:53 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:

There will come a time when all will bow and confess. Unfortunately, for
many this time will be at Judgement when it's too late to say- "forgive me God,
I was wrong in rejecting Jesus Christ every day of my life". I'm not trying to
be harsh, but what merit is there in making Jesus Lord and Savior of your life
if everyone is going to be rewarded? If that's the case, sin all you want, live
only for yourself while here on earth because God will reconcile everyone to
Himself in the end. This type of teaching basically calls God and His Holy Word
a liar.
Kool hand luke, the confession will be a swearing of allegiance to Him.
My question to you, is, do you only "make Jesus Lord and Savior" of your life because you want to be rewarded? Or is more than this? God bless.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:

You are correct- this sounds like "Prosperity Preachers"- like Joel Osteen.
Teach only about Gods Love and forgiveness, but forget personal accoutability,
judgement and hell!
I believe in personal accountability, judgment and that some will experience "hell". but I don't believe that the judgments and "hell" are eternal. God bless.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 AM

COL 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

It was already God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus, so who are we to say no to Him. If He wills to do this, then this is His business, Kool hand luke. God bless.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Another passage which speaks to the final plan for the creation is found in Romans 8:

"8 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [i]in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body."

hope = elpis=expection

God bless.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
No one comes to the Father, except through the Son. Not politically correct, but the truth. I don't know what kind of Bible teaches that all will be restored? It's a choice of our free will that He gives us.
Yes, this is true and the passage on repentance is ignored by detractors, due to the perception that nothing can change after a person's death. I am not sure where that idea comes from. I am aware that "It is appointed unto a man once to die and after that the judgement," but judgement does not mean that change can't be a result. In fact, punishment without hope of change is merely revenge. I have not seen detractors address this except with the mantra of scriptures they interpret to mean that the punishment will be eternal.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:07 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Kool hand luke, the confession will be a swearing of allegiance to Him.
My question to you, is, do you only "make Jesus Lord and Savior" of your life because you want to be rewarded? Or is more than this? God bless.
I do so out of Love for Him, and because He has been incredibly Faithful and Loving to me- way beyond what I deserve. My point was if you believe God is a "just" God, than to imply everyone gets a free pass regardless is silly.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
You are correct- this sounds like "Prosperity Preachers"- like Joel Osteen. Teach only about Gods Love and forgiveness, but forget personal accoutability, judgement and hell!
See what I mean about ignoring what is taught about repentance?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:

If that's the case, sin all you want, live
only for yourself while here
on earth because God will reconcile everyone to
Himself in the end. This
type of teaching basically calls God and His Holy Word
a liar.
I believe that there will be consequences for refusing God, for living it up in a life of sin, but I believe that in the end, God will open all eyes and all hearts to return to Him, kool hand luke.

Do you believe that God is able to convict everyone of his or her sin, to cause all persons to realize that they were wrong, and that they are in need of a Savior? God bless

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity