Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What does it mean Jesus fulfilled the law?
All the OT Scriptures bear witness to Christ. 10 47.62%
His death fulfilled the sacrifical requirement 14 66.67%
He lived His life without breaking the law 10 47.62%
He fulfilled the promises made in OT 10 47.62%
The fulfillment of old law made the new law possible 7 33.33%
The law was not completly fulfilled 2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times

Advertisements

What does it mean Jesus fulfilled the law? Multiple answers allowed.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,216,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It means he perfectly obeyed the Law, living a sinless life and died on the cross, giving us his righteousness. We are unable to fulfill the Law--so he did on our behalf.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:51 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,874 times
I think it is pointing to the fact that he understood the spirit of the law (love), and did not concern himself with the letter of the law. He broke the law of the Sabbath because he knew there was a higher law.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,256,011 times
Quote:
The 'law' before Jesus required a perfect blood sacrifice to atone for sins. Jesus came, not to remove that requirement, but to fulfill it once and for all for those who would believe. This subject requires a good understanding of OT law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I think it is pointing to the fact that he understood the spirit of the law (love), and did not concern himself with the letter of the law. He broke the law of the Sabbath because he knew there was a higher law.
This is incorrect, Jesus didn't break the law of the sabbath as given by God to Moses. The Pharisses had added to the law and Jesus was only guilty before men, not God. Jesus remained perfect in the eyes of God's Law His entire time on Earth.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It means he perfectly obeyed the Law, living a sinless life and died on the cross, giving us his righteousness. We are unable to fulfill the Law--so he did on our behalf.
Poll posted.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
He had respect for the law.

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,216,364 times
Quote:
When did he break the Law of the Sabbath?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM

1,382 posts, read 769,751 times
Quote:
Dear Finn,
You are misquoting Mt 5:17-18," Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, untl heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished".

The Law and the Prophets have not been fulfilled at this time. Yeshua has yet to rule from Jerualem (Ze 14), there has been no first resurrection, the nations have not been judged, nor has there been a second resurrection with respect to judgment day. To top that, the earth has not passed away.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Finn,
You are misquoting Mt 5:17-18," Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, untl heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished".

The Law and the Prophets have not been fulfilled at this time. Yeshua has yet to rule from Jerualem (Ze 14), there has been no first resurrection, the nations have not been judged, nor has there been a second resurrection with respect to judgment day. To top that, the earth has not passed away.
Option # 6 = The law has not been completely fulfilled.

I listed six explanations, and probably missed a few.

Personally I voted YES for all six.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:56 PM

1,382 posts, read 769,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
When did he break the Law of the Sabbath?
Vizio,
He did not break the Law of the Sabbath (Mt 12:8), "for the son of man was Lord of the Sabbath", and the Sabbath was made for man. Mt 12:11, And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out?"

The only one who changed the laws and the times was the beast of Daniel 7:24-25, and Rev 13, and that was Constantine, whose god, Sol Invictus, is worshipped per his decree of 321 AD whereas the day of the sun, the day of Sol Invictus, was to be a day of rest, and no one could buy or sell on that day. Constantine established the Roman Church, which is known today as the "Christian" church who honors Sol Invictus and the cross he told Constantine to conquer under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.