Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 12:13 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,669,583 times

Advertisements

Hello my dear CD friends. Many of you know my backstory with my oldest child and I thought I would provide a small update as to how he and we are doing.

He has been out of rehab since the end of July and is holding down a full-time job, gotten a girlfriend that is simply adorable and has moved into the trailer we bought for him when he graduated.

He just turned 20 this month and is maturing more and more. Yet, in some ways he is still a teen. He now sports a mohawk that is a coppery color and has put his ear rings back in as well as his lip ring. I can handle all of this, as long as I know he is staying off drugs and keeps his faith.

He took his ACT again and got a score of 23, I do not think he is happy with this as he was shooting for a 26 to 30 range. He and his girlfriend will take it again sometime in January.

He seems happier than I have seen him in a long time and I am so proud of him. He does get a bit moody when he and his girlfriend have a difference of opinion, but this is good for him to see that couples do not always agree on everything. Yet, they surely do come close!

I can remember back in April when I got that call that he had been arrested and my first reaction was deep and utter sadness, a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and dread rolling around. My second reaction was in response to God telling me to Fear Not, my prayers were being answered! Friends, the peace that stole over me when I believed God and Praised Him for His love still leaves me in awe. If you were to know me you would understand how profound this was. I am truly one who worries so much about her children that she gets physically ill, yet God stilled my worries and lifted my burden. He picked me up and carried me. But most of all, He picked my son up and carried him. Praise be to God for His faithfulness and truth.

No matter how we disappoint Him, and hurt him with our sins, He is always true and He is always there for us when we need Him, if we just give our cares to Him and believe.

It seems fitting that I update you guys on how well my son is doing now, during the celebration of Christ's birth.

Please, if any of you are burdened, anxious, grieved and in need of His love, just call upon Him and believe Him and allow Him to give you peace.

I watched a movie last night called The Nativity, and although it is only a movie, I was deeply moved and felt the stirring of my spirit.

My heart is full of joy and love for my Jesus. I love HIm so much. The blessings in my life have dulled the pain that life gives us. His love embraces me and holds me tight.

If you would only allow him to get as close as possible with you, He would give you all you need and desire.

Praise be to God for giving us Jesus. My Saviour, My King.

Blessings to each of you as you journey through this Most Holy of Seasons, and it is my prayer that each of you will feel His love and peace.

much love to you all.....aiangel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 12:35 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Hi, this is great that your son is making positive changes in his life I hope and pray for his complete recovery. My prayers will be with you and your family for guidance, strength and peace. Take care and God bless.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:37 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,360 times
This is such a wonderful thing to see Aiangel!

It seems that we hear so much negative stuff, it is SO REFRESHING to see and hear what God is doing in peoples' lives! It's AWESOME!

I know what you're saying about becoming physically ill over your kids...it is so not fun.

This is such a wonderful time of year to see the miracles that God is performing in the lives of others.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:04 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Aiangel, thanks so much for the great testimonial for your son..Many times we are more apt to forget Gods blessing of healing as time goes by...Not our Aiangel.Aiangel puts Him first and foremost and lets us all know that God is alive and working in our lives doing what he has promised when we first came to him with our raw sores, begging for His help..He promised not to leave us and He doesn't..God bless you Aiangel..Merry Christmas to you and the family..

Old 12-24-2007, 08:59 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,273,259 times
Thanks for the wonderful testimony and encouragement to others! Merry Christmas to you and yours, angel!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:47 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,669,583 times
update to my update....

Guys, I have tears in my eyes. I have witnessed what I call a miracle! Tonight, my dh cooked steaks for us, and he and my sons had a blast. Laughing and talking and carrying on. This has been the best Christmas I have ever experienced. God is so good.

What is so special about this you ask?

I will be married for 26 years come February, and my dh has never, ever cooked on the grill, not once. Tonight he initiated it and (he got a whole loin from my parents for Christmas) he even cut and seasoned the meat. I had no idea till he told me to find bread and cook french fries. SO I hurridly put together a salad, bread and the FF and he cut and seasoned and cooked 5 steaks.

We all sat at the table, the boys complimented him on his cooking, my oldest asked how he fixed the steaks and they compared recipes and laughed and it was.....

like a normal family....like a whole family....

all I can say is I am making memories that will replace the bad ones....

Thank you, Jesus....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity