Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
And not only does he have the most posts in this thread, but even after I stated that this thread was NOT for those who would never give up their belief in eternal torment but that it was posted for those who were torn inside by the desire to know God but put off by the ugly doctrine of ET. Of course Finn jumped right in anyway even though I "uninvited him" from the beginning.

Too bad this is a public discussion forum, open to all people. I know it would be nice if the rest of us didn't come 'uninvited' into your thread and speak the truth about Hell and sin. So... sorry not sorry?
We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. (1 John 4:6)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times
An article about belief in hell I just found today:
Hell, right doctrine, and right character

Old 08-30-2014, 04:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We do not enter the kingdom within by believing in Christ or through merely that of accepting and worshiping him. If that were the case all of the teachings about the behavioral requirements of conforming to the light of the Spirit, that of: "Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control," would be in error. We must put on the mind of Christ, as Exclusion leads to competition; not Oneness of mind and heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said:

"If you think he paid a penalty for your sin, then you have missed the mark of what it means to overcome."

Why should belief in forgiveness eliminate the fruits of the Spirit?
I never said, that forgiveness eliminates the fruit of the Spirit?

"For there is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

However, if you think that love requires a penalty in order to be forgiven.
Then, you have missed the point, as love overcomes ALL THINGS.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
And not only does he have the most posts in this thread, but even after I stated that this thread was NOT for those who would never give up their belief in eternal torment but that it was posted for those who were torn inside by the desire to know God but put off by the ugly doctrine of ET. Of course Finn jumped right in anyway even though I "uninvited him" from the beginning.
If only they were so heart felt about the reality of Jesus Christ as they are about the legend of hell.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
An article about belief in hell I just found today:
Hell, right doctrine, and right character
Let's see... How much of this article is backed up by Scripture, i.e. God's Word? None. There isn't a single solitary peice of Scripture quoted in that article. Zero. The only argument and authority utilized in this article is that of humans.

Also, the article claims God is immoral and that there is 'something wrong with Him'...

Here's a much better article that explains Hell as taught by God through His Word:

To Hell with Hell? | The Resurgence

Old 08-30-2014, 04:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
I know it would be nice if the rest of us didn't come 'uninvited' into your thread and speak the truth about Hell and sin.
We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us.
By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
(1 John 4:6)
Exalting, yourself, in order to Lord it over others? LOL

Old 08-30-2014, 04:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Exalting, yourself, in order to Lord it over others?
Remember the old Mac Davis song? Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Remember the old Mac Davis song? Lord, it's hard to be humble. When you're perfect in every way.
I love that song .

Old 08-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Exalting, yourself, in order to Lord it over others? LOL
I claim no truth except the truth of God, as revealed in His Word, which is truth.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
I claim no truth except the truth of God, as revealed in His Word, which is truth.

You cannot read the bible and then announce you know the truth, Jesus had to deal with that belief 2000 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity