Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 04:24 PM

393 posts, read 1,881,167 times

Advertisements

Lately I have been pretty intrigued about Angels, esp when angels appear in dreams, as in the bible. I am wondering if my angels have been speaking to me in my dreams. Do I have angels, some people I know can feel, or sense their angels, and pretty much know who they are or what they represent...hhhmm this makes me curious. Are they normally people who have passed? Looking for a good book or an online site, which is biblical on angels.

What is everyone's thought on Angels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 07:36 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
I believe in angles, the words means messenger. I also believe all Christians have guardian angels to help us. Hebrews 13:1-2 "Continue to love each other with true Christian love. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this entertained angles without realizing it".
The angles are going to serve us in Heaven. They are not humans who have died. Billy Graham has a good book about angles.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
ILNC is right: they are not people who have died, never were people. Angels are created beings, as we are, only they are spirits. The Bible calls them ministering spirits, because they were created to minister, to both God, and us.

Hebrews 1:13-14

13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

There are angels all around us, but almost always unseen. (although quite a few people report having seen one) I have never seen one, but some 35 years ago I believe it was an angel of God who stopped my snowmachine (and me) from driving over a cliff in a snowstorm. The 100-yard drop to the bottem would undoubtedly have been the end for me. (My machine had suddenly spun sideways 90 degrees, and stopped...for no apparent reason....some 15 feet short of the rim of a deep canyon. The two people following me stopped also, because I was in the way...)
Angels obey only God...we can't "summen" or call them, or direct them to do anything at all. If there is an angel with a person, it is because God told him to. In verse 14 above, there seems to be some Biblical support for angels being with Christians: those who are heirs of salvation.
Be VERY careful not to "call" angels. The only angels that WILL respond to man are the fallen angels: demons. They are angels allright...but not the right kind. In the beginning, they were the same as other created angels who served God, but at some point in time rebelled with Lucifer, and the whole bunch of them were cast down to earth. People who ask for "spirit guides" are victims of this kind of fallen angel. You for sure don't want these in your life...
If you need help with something, ask God. He can then assign angels to do His bidding. (It is allright to ask God to "please send Your angels to help". If it is appropriate, He will.)

Bud

Old 12-26-2007, 12:00 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygal View Post
Lately I have been pretty intrigued about Angels, esp when angels appear in dreams, as in the bible. I am wondering if my angels have been speaking to me in my dreams. Do I have angels, some people I know can feel, or sense their angels, and pretty much know who they are or what they represent...hhhmm this makes me curious. Are they normally people who have passed? Looking for a good book or an online site, which is biblical on angels.

What is everyone's thought on Angels
Best thoughts I can give you on angels...

Spend an hour and listen to this: http://www.peterkreeft.com/audio/10_aquinas-angels.htm

Maybe check out the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eofficiapet-20

There's an excerpt here: http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/angels.htm

Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Yes, I do believe in angels..They are messengers of God..I believe that angels can take different forms when they help us..I do not believe that angels actually speak to us, but they have the ability to protect us from harm. I believe that we do have a guardian angel who looks after us and at the end of life is with us to ease our pain and aid in the transition..I believe that when grieving people say their dead loved one visited them, that it was an angel in disguise giving them comfort (imo, the dead do not appear to us) There were angels present when my daughter had cancer..I felt their presence, caught glimpses of them and witnessed some of their work in caring for her..We are not to worship angels, we are to respect their work and thank God for their presence..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-26-2007 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: add content

Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe in angels, the words means messenger. I also believe all Christians have guardian angels to help us. Hebrews 13:1-2 "Continue to love each other with true Christian love. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this entertained angles without realizing it".
The angels are going to serve us in Heaven. They are not humans who have died. Billy Graham has a good book about angels.
I also thought of that book I read by Billy Graham many years ago. As I recall, it was pretty complete and thorough. It is an old book, but it can probably be purchased through www.amazon.com if not other places. The title is Angels: God's Secret Agents.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Idk if we will ever get to see out guardian angels or not..but mine is probably scarred up and big and bad after all the dumb things i dragged him threw. Im sure when the assignment came thru and he knew he was my guardian angel, he said WHY ME LORD?? WHY ME??

Old 12-26-2007, 11:28 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Hi, I do believe that there are angels around us. I believe that I have seen some in human form. Several times in the past when I have been going through very rough times, there have been "angels" I believe who appeared at the right time. For example once during these times when I was driving and praying to God during one of these episodes I saw someone walking down a lone highway with a Bible and as I drove past, this individual waved and smiled at me. I believe this was an angel. Similar things have happened also.
I also believe that an angel was present in my room during the time that my mother passed and afterwards. Blue, I don't believe that the dead come back and appear to us either but I agree with you that there are angels. When my sister's husband passed last year she was at home (he was somewhere else) but she had been dwelling on him in an unusual way that night and not realizing that he was very sick. She said that at about 12:00 am that moring, she heard a loud knock on her front door, went to see who it was and saw no one, but and found out that he had passed that morning. My sister is was not a very religious person at the time. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-26-2007 at 11:59 PM..

Old 12-27-2007, 02:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
I believe angels are creatures that God created to carry out his task or functions. I don`t believe they have free will or think like humans do. While I don`t believe humans have complete and total free will,I do believe they have a limited free will. However, I don`t believe angels have either. I think angels were created for a specific purpose and they carry out that purpose. My opinion is that angels marvel at humans because angels do not have the mindset or the capability to change their mind as humans do. Jmo

Old 12-27-2007, 03:13 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I believe angels are creatures that God created to carry out his task or functions. I don`t believe they have free will or think like humans do. While I don`t believe humans have complete and total free will,I do believe they have a limited free will. However, I don`t believe angels have either. I think angels were created for a specific purpose and they carry out that purpose. My opinion is that angels marvel at humans because angels do not have the mindset or the capability to change their mind as humans do. Jmo
If angels have no free will, then how did a third of them rebel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity