Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:05 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,247,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The only thing Jesus wrote was a line in the sand.
He did not cast stones, creating ripples in the water.
That is a wonderful saying I've never heard before. I want to remember it so I can share it with others at the appropriate time.

PSALM 23 AKJV

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters.

3He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
The only thing Jesus wrote was a line in the sand.
He did not cast stones, creating ripples in the water.
He threw many a stone at the scribes and Pharisees.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you encourage this madness, Jer? He actually thinks he is anointed by God. Such people can be dangerous to themselves and others.
Is it possible for God to anoint? Will the son of man return? How will you know Him?

"The son of man will come at a time you least expect."

"Just as in the days of Noah so will it be at the coming of the son of man."

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me. He has sent me to proclaim the good news to the poor and release to the prisoners to give sight to the blind and heal the broken hearted to let the oppressed go free and announce a year of favor from the Lord.

The son of man is Lord of the Sabbath. Unless you come to believe I am he, you will surely die in your sin.

If I do not do the works of God do not believe me but if I do then put faith in the works so you will see that the Lord is in me and I in Him.

Don't you see the words I speak are not my own it is the Lord who lives in me performing His works.

Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God.

He who practices evil hates the light he will not come to it so his deeds will not be exposed.

I am the light of the world. No one who comes to me shall ever hunger, no one who believes in me shall ever thirst because from the believers heart will flow rivers of living water.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
He threw many a stone at the scribes and Pharisees.
Actually, he gave them the bread of life, which they had a difficult time digesting.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Actually, he gave them the bread of life, which they had a difficult time digesting.
Yes, that too.

Remember, he who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity