Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:25 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,931 times

Advertisements

I'm a Christian, however, instinctively I always believe Judaism and Christianity shouldn't be mutually exclusive. I have no problem acknowledging the Judaic root in Christianity. Jesus was also Jewish Himself. I respect the teaching of Torah as much as that of the Old Testament. I believe people of Israel, the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are God's chosen people for a special reason. I also believe the "ingathering" of Jews in Israel, rebuilding of Jerusalem, restoration of the lost twelve tribes of Israel are in God's will. I'd like to believe all the miracles that Mashiach, a great human leader like King David, needs to perform will be achieved by Jesus Christ in His second coming to earth in flesh and blood. So there is no conflict there.

I always thought that all of my beliefs above might be a bit unorthodox for Christianity. I wasn't sure whether it was proper to have those beliefs as a Christian. That is until I've learned recently there is such a thing called Christian Zionism, which is exactly in accordance to my beliefs. Not to mention, it is a pleasant surprise and needed relieve. So there're other Christians who think and believe like I do. Below is the proclamation the Christian Zionists made in the Third International Christian Zionist Congress, held in Jerusalem in February 1996:

"God the Father, Almighty, chose the ancient nation and people of Israel, the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to reveal His plan of redemption for the world. They remain elect of God, and without the Jewish nation His redemptive purposes for the world will not be completed.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah and has promised to return to Jerusalem, to Israel and to the world.

It is reprehensible that generations of Jewish peoples have been killed and persecuted in the name of our Lord, and we challenge the Church to repent of any sins of commission or omission against them.

The modern Ingathering of the Jewish People to Eretz Israel and the rebirth of the nation of Israel are in fulfilment of biblical prophecies, as written in both Old and New Testaments.

Christian believers are instructed by Scripture to acknowledge the Hebraic roots of their faith and to actively assist and participate in the plan of God for the Ingathering of the Jewish People and the Restoration of the nation of Israel in our day."

So I guess I can consider myself a Christian Zionist from now on, and need not to feel awkward about my belief of Judaic root in Christianity. Are there any other Christian Zionists here? What is your view regarding Christian Zionism? It is something new to me. Let's share.

Christian Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:11 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
I'm a Christian, however, instinctively I always believe Judaism and Christianity shouldn't be mutually exclusive. I have no problem acknowledging the Judaic root in Christianity. Jesus was also Jewish Himself. I respect the teaching of Torah as much as that of the Old Testament. I believe people of Israel, the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are God's chosen people for a special reason. I also believe the "ingathering" of Jews in Israel, rebuilding of Jerusalem, restoration of the lost twelve tribes of Israel are in God's will. I'd like to believe all the miracles that Mashiach, a great human leader like King David, needs to perform will be achieved by Jesus Christ in His second coming to earth in flesh and blood. So there is no conflict there.

I always thought that all of my beliefs above might be a bit unorthodox for Christianity. I wasn't sure whether it was proper to have those beliefs as a Christian. That is until I've learned recently there is such a thing called Christian Zionism,

Well, good for you! I hope more and more people come around to this way of thinking, after centuries of the destructive anti-semitism and Replacement Theology blather of both the Catholic and Protestant High Church in Europe.

All of us gentiles are ingrafted branches into Abraham's bosom. We didn't REPLACE Israel. We became adopted into it. The Jews ARE the chosen people. And time will reveal just who the Jews REALLY are. Read the Book of Romans.

And I strongly believe that in the last days, Christianity and Judaism will become ONE religion, bound together in the acceptance of the true Messiah.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post

I always thought that all of my beliefs above might be a bit unorthodox for Christianity. I wasn't sure whether it was proper to have those beliefs as a Christian. That is until I've learned recently there is such a thing called Christian Zionism, which is exactly in accordance to my beliefs. Not to mention, it is a pleasant surprise and needed relieve. So there're other Christians who think and believe like I do. Below is the proclamation the Christian Zionists made in the Third International Christian Zionist Congress, held in Jerusalem in February 1996:

"God the Father, Almighty, chose the ancient nation and people of Israel, the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to reveal His plan of redemption for the world. They remain elect of God, and without the Jewish nation His redemptive purposes for the world will not be completed.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah and has promised to return to Jerusalem, to Israel and to the world.

It is reprehensible that generations of Jewish peoples have been killed and persecuted in the name of our Lord, and we challenge the Church to repent of any sins of commission or omission against them.

The modern Ingathering of the Jewish People to Eretz Israel and the rebirth of the nation of Israel are in fulfilment of biblical prophecies, as written in both Old and New Testaments.

Christian believers are instructed by Scripture to acknowledge the Hebraic roots of their faith and to actively assist and participate in the plan of God for the Ingathering of the Jewish People and the Restoration of the nation of Israel in our day."

So I guess I can consider myself a Christian Zionist from now on, and need not to feel awkward about my belief of Judaic root in Christianity. Are there any other Christian Zionists here? What is your view regarding Christian Zionism? It is something new to me. Let's share.

Christian Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maybe a contradiction in terms?

Zionsim is the promotion of one cause and Christianity the promotion of another.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Judaism is the religion of the ethnic group through whom the greatest expression of the Christ came to us. There is a great deal of interest in that background but nothing sets that ethnic group aside for special consideration because of it, either pro or con.

The biggest problem with Christian Zionism is the tendency to support Israeli government programs and perceptions without question. These ideas and perceptions have been a massive fail for 70 years in resolving conflicts in the area and there needs to be a whole paradign shift in that area. Christian Zionism could contribute to that by applying the principles of Christ to the conflict, but it does not.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:30 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
There was a Christian Jewish man who worked on tours to Israel who came to our church for a visit , and He had more faith in numerology with the scriptures was his passion ... I am not a fan of any numerology mixed with Christianity what so ever............. ..See I do not know what Jews believe in today ........ Probably have to pray for the Jewish man and His influences in our church as to be offended would be division before God , and I don`t need that ...

Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
The chosen people of God are descendants of Abraham by faithfulness to God in their service to Him not by the blood of the flesh but by the glory of God.

"Zion shall be redeemed by justice and all Her repentant ones by righteousness."

"Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."

"You are my witnesses, says the Lord, my servants whom I have chosen"

"he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified."

Old 10-07-2014, 09:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Zionism has nothing to do with Christianity.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
And I strongly believe that in the last days, Christianity and Judaism will become ONE religion, bound together in the acceptance of the true Messiah.
Well said. I always think of Christianity as an extension to Judaism. It is not at all meant to supersede the latter. Through Christianity we gentiles get a chance to learn about the good words of our Lord, which was originated from the Torah of Judaism. Jesus Christ had further enrich the religion by His passion and teaching. We wouldn't have that good fortune without it. They are one and the same to me.

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 10-08-2014 at 06:37 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Maybe a contradiction in terms?

Zionsim is the promotion of one cause and Christianity the promotion of another.
Would you please elaborate? I'd like to learn more about your view. To me they don't contradict each other at all, especially if you read the proclamation by the Christian Zionists above. Please do.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The biggest problem with Christian Zionism is the tendency to support Israeli government programs and perceptions without question. These ideas and perceptions have been a massive fail for 70 years in resolving conflicts in the area and there needs to be a whole paradign shift in that area. Christian Zionism could contribute to that by applying the principles of Christ to the conflict, but it does not.
You're right. "Applying the principles of Christ to the conflict" should be part of the mission for Christian Zionists worldwide, not just to those in the area of conflicts. Christian Zionism is still a very new thing to me. I'd like to think that they've been doing just that, though there might not be concrete result to back it up so far. However, I certainly don't want to see Christian Zionism being turned into merely a political means or some kind of propaganda. To me Christian Zionism is more of a sincere religious movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity