Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2014, 09:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,525,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I suppose, you believe these people deserve the death penalty?
Or, perhaps, they should merely suffer in extreme pain forever?
Not surprising that you wantonly ignore the significance of what wasn't quoted by me originally to Pleroo
Am I surprised that anytime you find yourself in opposition to what God says in the Holy Bible and I repeat what God says, that you'd decidedly find fault with what God says in the Holy Bible ? .... nope.

God says "I am LORD, there is no other" and "There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life".

God through Holy Scripture tells us, “This is love for God: to obey his commands” (1 John 5:3).

Nowhere does God command people that they have a FREE WILL \ CHOICE to actively commit a cognitive self murder or for a doctor to assist in cognitive self murder.
The advocacy of cognitive self murder is the open declaration of the opposite for God as stated in 1 John 5:3 and the elevation of thine-self as illustrated by the I, I, I, ... me, me, me, .... mine, mine, mine demands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Second Thoughts: Home Page

ASSISTED SUICIDE IS BAD MEDICINE
apparently lovers of cognitive self murder are threatened by morality.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:00 AM

23,176 posts, read 26,275,743 times
It's kind of funny that these ideas about god deciding when a life should end shouldn't include the idea that perhaps your god is including euthanasia and/or suicide as one way for it to happen.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:36 AM

5,540 posts, read 7,134,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I suppose, you believe these people deserve the death penalty?
Or, perhaps, they should merely suffer in extreme pain forever?

Sadly, there is what appears to be some kind of S&M fetish cult in New York that's fascinated with just that:

The Holy Agony Parish

Old 11-14-2014, 08:01 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,300,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
so ... it's a FREE WILL for a doctor to assist in cognitive self murder.

Once the rationalization of what \ when life is worth living is realized, it has no stopping where it will end.
It's then not surprising that we read of:
Actress Ellen Barkin tweeted:11:28 AM - 1 Nov 2014
News flash…a fetus cannot talk. It is not a person. Not even a baby, not even an infant. Nope. Sorry.

Isn't that great news for those with autism, if you can't talk you're not a person.
Then no doubt one day the CHOICE \ FREE WILL advocates will be all giddy when looking back at headlines like this:

Jillian McCabe Accused of Throwing Autistic Son Off Oregon Bridge

Self murder? CHAPTER AND VERSE?

NEWS FLASH--Fetus does NOT = LIVING BEING

In Exodus 21:22 it states that if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the woman dies then he will be put to death. It should be apparent from this that the aborted fetus is not considered a living human being since the resulting punishment for the abortion is nothing more than a fine; it is not classified by the bible as a capital offense.

According to the bible, destroying a living fetus does not equate to killing a living human being even though the fetus has the potential of becoming a human being. One can not kill something that has not been born and taken a breath. This means that a stillborn would not be considered a human being either. Of course, every living sperm has the potential of becoming a human being although not one in a million will make it; the rest are aborted. .

Tossing a person off a bridge who has no say in the matter or opinion is indeed murder..

Old 11-14-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Self murder? CHAPTER AND VERSE?
Really ?
Well ... I can't make you understand that cognitive self murder = suicide by choice\ free will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NEWS FLASH--Fetus does NOT = LIVING BEING

In Exodus 21:22 it states that if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the woman dies then he will be put to death. It should be apparent from this that the aborted fetus is not considered a living human being since the resulting punishment for the abortion is nothing more than a fine; it is not classified by the bible as a capital offense.

According to the bible, destroying a living fetus does not equate to killing a living human being even though the fetus has the potential of becoming a human being. One can not kill something that has not been born and taken a breath. This means that a stillborn would not be considered a human being either. Of course, every living sperm has the potential of becoming a human being although not one in a million will make it; the rest are aborted. .

Tossing a person off a bridge who has no say in the matter or opinion is indeed murder..
"NEWS FLASH--Fetus does NOT = LIVING BEING" .... psst, apparently you wantonly ignored the news bulletin memo from the same source of Bible that is quoting God:
Only a living being can sin .... Psalm 51:5
Only a living being can be wayward .... Psalm 58:3
Only a living being has a name called by God .... Isaiah 49:1
as for the balance, ... once life is rationalized away, it doesn't stop within the pro-death's death chamber of a women's womb. History has proven that wickedness.
Surely in liberal academia you've heard of such things as:
  • black slavery
  • Holocaust of WWII
  • post birth abortion advocates

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-14-2014 at 12:54 PM..

Old 11-14-2014, 02:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,318,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
HER choice.
Indeed.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:32 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,558,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It's kind of funny that these ideas about god deciding when a life should end shouldn't include the idea that perhaps your god is including euthanasia and/or suicide as one way for it to happen.
You could also say God allows guns and knives so He thinks those should be ways to kill yourself. I don't think so.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Sadly, there is what appears to be some kind of S&M fetish cult in New York that's fascinated with just that:

The Holy Agony Parish
Holy Agony refers to Jesus' agony on the cross. What did you think it referred to?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:38 PM

Default Pro-Life Catholic Fought Father’s Path to Assisted Suicide

Pro-Life Catholic Fought Father’s Path to Assisted Suicide | Daily News | NCRegister.com

I am glad my parents did not go that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity