Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How is that any different than killing yourself to avoid dying of cancer?

You kill yourself to avoid the pain of being burned alive or you kill yourself to avoid the pain of dying of cancer.

Why would your god excuse one and not the other?

They are exactly the same.

People who are terminal don't want to die either, they only have 2 choices.

Do nothing and suffer the pain of a cancer {burning alive} or choose a less painful death {jumping}.
And how do you know this other than your misguided views ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 06:54 AM

136 posts, read 200,789 times
You can't compare one dying process to another. Good for this lady for not feeling the need to end her life; however, she should have the choice should she start having repeated violent seizures and things like that.

No one has the right to judge another person. The choice should be available and people who want to choose can and people who don't want to choose don't have to.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,077,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How do you know any different?

.....other than your misguided views?

I am quite sure you don't want to live your life according to my beliefs, where do you get the gall to think I should live my life according to yours?

Last edited by Annie53; 11-18-2014 at 07:07 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,126,623 times
Quote:
How is that any different than killing yourself to avoid dying of cancer?

You kill yourself to avoid the pain of being burned alive or you kill yourself to avoid the pain of dying of cancer.

Why would your god excuse one and not the other?

They are exactly the same.

People who are terminal don't want to die either, they only have 2 choices.

Do nothing and suffer the pain of a cancer {burning alive} or choose a less painful death {jumping}.

Thanks for some refreshingly intelligent, compassionate views on this.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one was there to help them?
As you obviously well know, hundreds of doctors, nurses, aides, administrators, friends and relatives are there to help elderly parents.

My sister and I were there helping too, for many years, naturally.

What's with the babyish questions?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Do you require "guidance"?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
How do you know any different?

.....other than your misguided views?
in other words you don't know.

Quote:
I am quite sure you don't want to live your life according to my beliefs, where do you get the gall to think I should live my life according to yours?
yea ... isn't that too bad, subjective morality is frowned upon except in the mind of either the lawless, godless and the self-centered.

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-18-2014 at 12:16 PM..

Old 11-18-2014, 12:15 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,249,262 times
Quote:
By answering a question with a question....well know tactic for avoiding answering....you never did say why or how the two examples are different.
How or why are they different?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,077,301 times
Quote:
in other words you don't know.

yea ... isn't that too bad, subjective morality isn't allowed anywhere except in the mind of either the lawless, godless and the self-centered.
Yes, I do know.

Jumping off a building is killing yourself, whether you jump to escape the pain of burning to death or the pain of cancer.

Tell me how they are different.

Self-centered? Nothing more self-centered than the religious expecting everyone to believe as they do.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Those people did not want to die but they had the choice to burn up or to jump to their death. Only 2 choices. God would not blame them for taking either one, they had no choice at that point.
How do you know God doesn't blame people who choose to end their lives rather than dying a slow, excruciating death from cancer? God's own son was compassionate to the ill and to the suffering. Jesus didn't look at the leper and say "Deal with it!" and walk away. Is the father NOT compassionate?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-18-2014 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity