Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 07:11 PM

65 posts, read 66,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. God blessed me with a brain that is able to process numerous pieces of information at lightning quick speed.

I'll try my darndest toModerator cut: small edit now that you've joined the discussion. You're welcome.
I appreciate sarcasm, but the example above boarders on insulting. So you might want to review those TOS that you so graciously alerted me to. You might find something useful.

Now, would you like to deal with the subject I raised or are you just going to try and poke me in the eye with a stick all night?

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-16-2014 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: quoted post was edited

Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,728,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
They may be mentioned in the Scripture, but the Scripture is clear that murder is sin and immoral. Good grief is right, as you speak with such authority and continually show you are less than knowledgable about the Scripture. I assume you are referring to the Mosaic Law, which is commonly trotted out by people such as yourself who do not understand the subject.

The Scripture speaks of slavery, but does not condone it.

Once again, you should not speak about that which you do not understand.

This is incorrect. The same Scripture that has existed since before the time of Christ is followed and regarded as truth by the majority of Christians today.

The road is narrow and few will find it. Not all the seeds that are planted will come forth, as some will land on rocky ground and be eaten by the birds. This does not have any bearing on the truth of God's love, righteousness and Christ's sacrifice for everyone's sin.

As it was spoken by Christ:
"For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.…" (Matt. 10:20-22)
...and my faith is leading people to Christ, thank you. I do not hide or shrink from the righteousness or holiness of God and I am not ashamed of His Word.
I'm sure you have a place with the Moral Majority. That would be standing tall against abortion and homosexuality.

The Drowning of Stephan Jones” has a dangerously heightened sense of reality, using language as true as possible, and copied down as people said it to American classic novelist, Bette Greene. Researching homophobia, coast to coast from Maine – Tennessee - Washington State, Bette completed six hundred interviews in twenty months. In order for Bette Green to write her book The Drowning of Steven Jones, she interviewed about 400 inmates who had been imprisoned for gay bashing crimes. Most of them said they saw nothing morally wrong with killing a gay person because "...homosexuality is wrong and against the Bible."

You may not mean to do so, but your teaching empowers people to do evil in the name of Jesus.

And you are definitely following in some grand footsteps standing religiously against homosexuality:

Quote:
In 1936, Himmler created the Reich Central Office for the Combating of Homosexuality and Abortion and appointed Joseph Meisinger to head up the office. The results of these administrative changes is very apparent. According to Burleigh and Wipperman (1991:192):

...While in 1934 766 males were convicted and imprisoned, in 1936 the figure exceeded 4,000, and in 1938 8,000. Moreover, from 1937 onwards many of those involved were sent to concentration camps after they had served their "regular" prison sentence...
Background & Overview of Homosexuals in the Holocaust | Jewish Virtual Library

Practice this instead of self righteousness--

Quote:
Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matt 22:37-40

You are correct--the road is narrow. Keep looking.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt1959 View Post
And just how will I be ashamed? I think I can guess, but you had better give that response a whole lot of thought before you try and make that next-world leap.
I'd tell you, but I don't like you. So, I'll let you be surprised.

And it has more to do with this world than what may be next.

Quote:
"Idolaters." Oh look, another meaningless label. I'd add that one to my collection but I already have like 50 of that exact same one.

Christian Lite on Parade.
I'm not a Christian.

Neither, from what I've seen so far, are you.

Quote:
There is a reason people use that comparison, and despite what you think it is a valid one, but a person who has basically few or no morals won't be able to figure out what it is. Lets see if you can connect the dots.
I need connect no dots to see through your puffery and braggadocio.

The comparison fails.

Your clumsy attempt at misdirection reminds me of my attempts to become a magician when I was 11.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
Quote:
are you just going to try and poke me in the eye with a stick all night?
Nope. I'm a pacifist.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:24 PM

11,290 posts, read 11,059,747 times
It would be awesome if Jesus joined City-Data and gave a definitive answer on this topic, especially since he didn't mention anything about it during His time on earth. While He's at it, maybe He could clarify how old the earth actually is. That would kill two giant birds with one stone. Imagine how much time and effort that would save everyone!

If He's not tech savvy enough, a simple handwriting in the sky type effect would do. Maybe something like "I detest homosexuality" written in the clouds over all the continents in several different languages. Just a thought.....

It really could be so simple, yet........

Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'd tell you, but I don't like you. So, I'll let you be surprised.

And it has more to do with this world than what may be next.

I'm not a Christian.

Neither, from what I've seen so far, are you.

I need connect no dots to see through your puffery and braggadocio.

The comparison fails.

Your clumsy attempt at misdirection reminds me of my attempts to become a magician when I was 11.
Spoken with true decorum and humility.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm sure you have a place with the Moral Majority. That would be standing tall against abortion and homosexuality.

The Drowning of Stephan Jones” has a dangerously heightened sense of reality, using language as true as possible, and copied down as people said it to American classic novelist, Bette Greene. Researching homophobia, coast to coast from Maine – Tennessee - Washington State, Bette completed six hundred interviews in twenty months. In order for Bette Green to write her book The Drowning of Steven Jones, she interviewed about 400 inmates who had been imprisoned for gay bashing crimes. Most of them said they saw nothing morally wrong with killing a gay person because "...homosexuality is wrong and against the Bible."

You may not mean to do so, but your teaching empowers people to do evil in the name of Jesus.

And you are definitely following in some grand footsteps standing religiously against homosexuality:

Background & Overview of Homosexuals in the Holocaust | Jewish Virtual Library

Practice this instead of self righteousness--

Matt 22:37-40

You are correct--the road is narrow. Keep looking.
So far, that is the most baseless and ill-advised thing I've seen you say. You realize that every time you post, you break your own rules that you keep repeating to other people, right? Not to mention the rules of the forum.

I am beginning to think that you are actually Mel White himself with a different user name. You use huge tracks of his books, say he is one of the greatest Christians there is, and you are channeling him in this post. Because he does the same thing, all the time. Tries to insinuate, endlessly, that every single homosexual in America undergoes gross physical and mental abuse every hour of every day. And it's false.

Saying that homosexuality is wrong does not equal persecution in any way, shape, or form. I just got told by another poster in this thread that they don't like me. Should I run to someone and claim I'm being persecuted for being a Christian? Or just being persecuted for some other reason? Gay-bashing is not this huge epidemic that you and Mel White try and continually conjure up. Does it happen, yes? So does rape. Are you morally outraged about that? So does murder. Are you morally outraged about that? Is gay-bashing wrong? Absolutely. If I were a judge and someone ended up in my courtroom because they beat someone up just because they were a homosexual I would try and drop them in a hole where they wouldn't see daylight for a good long time. But for you to continually suggest that saying homosexuality is wrong equates with persecution and creating an atmosphere of violence is 100% bogus, and accusing people here on the board of it individually is reaching down into the lowest depths of dishonesty and unchristian-like behavior I have ever witnessed in 10 years of being on various Christian forums. You get a gold star when it comes to poor forum etiquette.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:42 PM

518 posts, read 470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It would be awesome if Jesus joined City-Data and gave a definitive answer on this topic, especially since he didn't mention anything about it during His time on earth. While He's at it, maybe He could clarify how old the earth actually is. That would kill two giant birds with one stone. Imagine how much time and effort that would save everyone!

If He's not tech savvy enough, a simple handwriting in the sky type effect would do. Maybe something like "I detest homosexuality" written in the clouds over all the continents in several different languages. Just a thought.....

It really could be so simple, yet........
Some would correct him and others would just call him names.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:44 PM

11,290 posts, read 11,059,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
Some would correct him and others would just call him names.
Then go with the handwriting in the sky option and let the intellectuals explain it away.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:45 PM

518 posts, read 470,554 times
Quote:
I appreciate sarcasm, but the example above boarders on insulting. So you might want to review those TOS that you so graciously alerted me to. You might find something useful.

Now, would you like to deal with the subject I raised or are you just going to try and poke me in the eye with a stick all night?
Always consider the source!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.