Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:22 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo2 View Post
Matthew 27: 52-53 ".. tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming forth from their tombs after his resurrection, they entered the holy city and appeared to many. (NABRE)

This story is found only in Matthew's Gospel. None of the witnesses (Jewish or Roman) or any of the resurrected ever wrote about it.

So can we dismiss it as just a story?
Nope, as it wasn't a resurrection. Note the ones coming into the city did so AFTER Christ's resurrection.

People went to the grave yard, as did mary and others and found dead bodies everywhere and went back to the city to tell people about it.

It says the "bodies" were raised. The earthquake did that and the bodies being on the surface polluted the city. Further evidence that God had kept His Son's word.

KJV Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 835,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, as it wasn't a resurrection. Note the ones coming into the city did so AFTER Christ's resurrection.

People went to the grave yard, as did mary and others and found dead bodies everywhere and went back to the city to tell people about it.

It says the "bodies" were raised. The earthquake did that and the bodies being on the surface polluted the city. Further evidence that God had kept His Son's word.

KJV Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
It is really amazing how dead bodies can come out of their graves and enter Jerusalem, it must be an enormous earthquake, that they could enter and be seen. Raised dead bodies that come out of their graves and walk (enter) and being seen entering are resurrected bodies. Their was indeed a great earthquake after Christ resurrection (Mat 28:2). An angel came down and rolled away the stone of Jesus's tomb and pronounced Jesus resurrection., no pollution at all. The desolation of the temple came 70 AD, about 40 years later.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 PM

18,262 posts, read 17,037,575 times
Wouldn't there be geological evidence of a "great earthquake" in the area? What are we talking? 7. 8. 9.?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
It is really amazing how dead bodies can come out of their graves and enter Jerusalem, it must be an enormous earthquake, that they could enter and be seen. Raised dead bodies that come out of their graves and walk (enter) and being seen entering are resurrected bodies. Their was indeed a great earthquake after Christ resurrection (Mat 28:2). An angel came down and rolled away the stone of Jesus's tomb and pronounced Jesus resurrection., no pollution at all. The desolation of the temple came 70 AD, about 40 years later.
First it does not say they 'walked" just the "bodies" came out. Plus it was 3 days later AFTER Jesus resurrection that the "bodies" were seen, not that same day.

The Temple was also polluted that day by the tearing of the curtain that separated the Holy from the Most Holy. The bodies polluted the city.

God was not very happy that day.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Zur

Quote:
First it does not say they 'walked" just the "bodies" came out. Plus it was 3 days later AFTER Jesus resurrection that the "bodies" were seen, not that same day.

The Temple was also polluted that day by the tearing of the curtain that separated the Holy from the Most Holy. The bodies polluted the city.

God was not very happy that day.
How do you know, you spoke with God? You have no clue, what the Resurrection Day is and what the true Israel of God is. Some Christians have Israel as an idol, and others are anti- semitic like Martin Luther. Be careful (Rom 11:21).

Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
How do you know, you spoke with God? You have no clue, what the Resurrection Day is and what the true Israel of God is. Some Christians have Israel as an idol, and others are anti- semitic like Martin Luther. Be careful (Rom 11:21).
The answers I gave were based on the scriptures I quoted.

Israel as a Nation today is simply a human Nation and disses God completely.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Zur

Quote:
The answers I gave were based on the scriptures I quoted.

Israel as a Nation today is simply a human Nation and disses God completely.
No human nation on earth has such miracles as modern Israel has, if you cannot see them, you do not want or you are blind. The Jews are still the beloved because of the fathers, the choosen people, they will be the head and not the tail in the future, Jesus is the King of Israel, do you have another King, you are now Israel instead of them? I have bad news for you, God hates robbery, He has not done away with His people, you as Gentile had the chance to be part of Israel, because of their unbelieve. If they believe, God will graft them in. Your part as believer in the King of Israel is to pray and do everything to bring them in again, because that is the will of God. Everyone that hates the Jews is on the site of the Devil, who wants to kill them throughout history. Hatred will not enter the Kingdom. Their story is His story and becomes history.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 AM

1,100 posts, read 800,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo2 View Post
Matthew 27: 52-53 ".. tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming forth from their tombs after his resurrection, they entered the holy city and appeared to many. (NABRE)

This story is found only in Matthew's Gospel. None of the witnesses (Jewish or Roman) or any of the resurrected ever wrote about it.

So can we dismiss it as just a story?
Nope. We need His wisdom to see in the scripture why that had to happen that day.

Even Paul had to address that particular resurrection was not the one that he and the disciples were waiting for.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

And so let us begin with scripture testifying to Jesus descending beneathe the earth & why.

Revelations 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient,....

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Christ had testified to Abraham's bosom as being seen "above" and yet can talk to OT saints across the great gulf from hell, thus suggesting it was located beneathe the earth. No one was in Heaven yet before Christ. How do we know that?

1 Samuel 28:8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee. 9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die? 10 And Saul sware to her by the Lord, saying, As the Lord liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing. 11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel......15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

John 3:13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Christ had to descend to Abraham's bosom aka Paradise where He met the thief that day to preach unto the prisoners in that "prison" and upon His resurrection, led the captive from captivity wherein Paradise is now located in the third heaven upon His ascension.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

The OT saints had to put on Christ for them to come to God the Father in Heaven by Him.

So when Christ had resurrected, He led them up from beneathe the earth.

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

And just as He had told the story of the rich man and the beggar named Lazarus, no one believed even with these OT saints resurrected, and so upon His ascension, He took them up as well, leading the way as only He can for the OT saints.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,488,351 times
Quote:
Do not worry, I am not arguing with you! Abraham is an elder in the Church in Heaven. Ask the Lord for revelation, if you can hear His voice. A spirit has not flesh and bone, Jesus has a resurrected body. Science can only explain material things, the carnal mind does not know about spiritual things.
The Spirit gives us the understand of Scripture though. The Spirit gives us revelation.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:46 AM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
The Spirit gives us the understand of Scripture though. The Spirit gives us revelation.
If you mean the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God, I agree. The problem there are other spirits out there which are not of God, but are of the deceiver and he is very activ in the last days. They give wrong understanding and revelation. We have to test the spirits, if they are of God. A good relationship with Jesus Christ is very helpful. Unbelievers do not have the Holy Spirit, they have the spirit of this world, which is enmity with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity