Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,459 times

Advertisements

Most Christians put the Holy Spirit LAST in their saying, “Father”, “Son”, and then “Holy Ghost”.
Is this a correct way of defining the Godhead?. I say no. I suggest that the Holy Spirit is the ONLY TRUE God who holds the titles “Father”, and “Son”. what do I mean by “Diversified”, the Holy Spirit being a Share of himself as the Greek word G243 allos describes, “Another”. not TWO person, nor “ANOTHER” God but the same Spirit shared in “ANOTHER”, or taking, or taking part in our Nature.
as the Lord Jesus being the “offspring”, or the “diversity” of God will clear up a lot of misguided doctrine.

can this be considered, in contrast to other doctrine out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:01 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Would it make a difference in how we live out "the Way" Jesus taught?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Would it make a difference in how we live out "the Way" Jesus taught?
yes, because one will be worshiping a title.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
yes, because one will be worshiping a title.
And just how far is that concern from anything James would have considered important: "27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."

People who make it all about "proper worship" in church seldom consider what is really important.... too busy straining at gnats.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:01 PM

238 posts, read 270,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I suggest that the Holy Spirit is the ONLY TRUE God who holds the titles “Father”, and “Son”.
what do I mean by “Diversified”, the Holy Spirit being a Share of himself as the Greek word G243 allos describes, “Another”.
not TWO person, nor “ANOTHER” God but the same Spirit shared in “ANOTHER”, or taking, or taking part in our Nature.
John 14:16-26
"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another (allos) Helper,
that He may abide with you forever — the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive,
because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

This is just another passage where all Three of the Triune Godhead are mentioned together.

Jesus was a Helper, Comforter, Teacher, etc. to His disciples.

He said (above) that after He left, Father God would send His Substitute to earth,
who would be the Holy Spirit ... the Spirit of Truth.

From then on, the Holy Spirit would be their
Helper, Comforter, Teacher, etc. ... another One!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:59 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
In Matthew 12: 31-32...``Where for I say to you All manner of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven to men , but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven to men ...And who so ever speaks a word against the Son of man , it will be forgiven him , but who so ever speaks against the Holy Spirit , it will not be forgiven him , neither in this world , neither in the world to come ``................... See this means that Holy spirit does not have any authority to forgive sin or blasphemy .................... ..See Father God can forgive sin , Son of God Lord Jesus can forgive sin , Holy Spirit cannot forgive sin , and Holy Spirit will not accept being glorified before men and God .....................Father God and Lord Jesus will accept being Glorified , Holy Spirit can be venerated .......................... See blaspheming the Holy Spirit one would have to reject the Gifts of Christ and His works and reject Jesus and His salvation and plan , so If people blaspheme Holy Spirit , they will have to forsake the rejection of Christ and Jesus , and repent to Jesus and Holy Spirit can baptize them and deliver the gifts of Jesus to them .......

Old 10-31-2014, 01:59 PM

238 posts, read 270,649 times
It might help if people realized that Jesus' miracles were actually performed by the Holy Spirit.
(Which is how it is done today ... for those who believe and have faith.)

Jesus prayed to Father God all of the time for direction.
Then He simply followed the Father's instructions.
He prayed with faith and the Holy Spirit moved.

One reason Jesus came was to demonstrate to us how we are to live our lives.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity