Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 04:40 PM

360 posts, read 234,184 times

Advertisements

I propose paradise happened before humans came onto the scene? Imagine an ancient world about 65 million years ago with earth covered in lush jungle gardens and dinosaurs and other magnificent creatures. It was a marvelous time for God’s creatures. After millions of years, they had reached the pinnacle of development, the world was now ready for paradise. Pleased with his creation, God froze time on earth. Now, the magnificent creatures would have everlasting life with God and His angels.

The tragic event happened shortly after God and His angels were in a garden with huge dinosaurs and other creatures. In God’s presence, dinosaurs trumpeted joyfully and large-winged birds flew gracefully chirping songs of adoration. Other creatures, each in their own way, made joyful sounds praising God’s glory and holiness. Suddenly, a mysterious dark object appeared on earth. Creatures squealed in fear and scattered. For Satan, it was a victorious moment. God and His angels had returned to heaven. After Satan’s imprisonment in the universe, it was an opportunity to strike back at God.

Above, dark clouds covered the sky and, below, gloomy shadows and cold air filled gardens, formerly warm from tropical climate. Fearful of the threat, huge dinosaurs stumbled in the murky light. Around them, smaller creatures scurried into garden thickets. Lightning flashed as thunder struck earth with a terrifying roar. Creatures eternal party with God and His angels was over. They struggled in a new world, one torn by nature’s fury. Volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, capricious weather and storms were now commonplace. Without God’s presence, the world had become a very dangerous place.

Now, free to roam, Satan turned his wrath on God’s creatures. Satan was prone to cruel outbursts and sadistically treatment of the creatures. They had to make painful adjustments in a forsaken world. Satan terrorized them indulging in vicious attacks and cruel seductions. To end the horror, God made a large asteroid hit earth causing the dinosaurs and many other creatures to become extinct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 05:26 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,837 times

Old 10-23-2014, 05:47 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Let's not forget the Bible was written by goat herders, not dinosaur herders. From a goat herders point of view, "In the beginning god created man." When the goat herders created their god, they did not know about the dinosaurs, or the geological events that occurred prior to man's existence.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Let's not forget the Bible was written by goat herders, not dinosaur herders. From a goat herders point of view, "In the beginning god created man." When the goat herders created their god, they did not know about the dinosaurs, or the geological events that occurred prior to man's existence.
I respect goat herders. It may not be good that we've discovered all of those dinosaur bones. It makes us question human importance.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:12 PM

This is an addition to my paradise thread. I believe the entire world was paradise, not just parts where God and His angels visited. The whole earth appeared as bright misty glow reflecting God's holiness.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
I propose paradise happened before humans came onto the scene? Imagine an ancient world about 65 million years ago with earth covered in lush jungle gardens and dinosaurs and other magnificent creatures. It was a marvelous time for God’s creatures. After millions of years, they had reached the pinnacle of development, the world was now ready for paradise. Pleased with his creation, God froze time on earth. Now, the magnificent creatures would have everlasting life with God and His angels.

The tragic event happened shortly after God and His angels were in a garden with huge dinosaurs and other creatures. In God’s presence, dinosaurs trumpeted joyfully and large-winged birds flew gracefully chirping songs of adoration. Other creatures, each in their own way, made joyful sounds praising God’s glory and holiness. Suddenly, a mysterious dark object appeared on earth. Creatures squealed in fear and scattered. For Satan, it was a victorious moment. God and His angels had returned to heaven. After Satan’s imprisonment in the universe, it was an opportunity to strike back at God.

Above, dark clouds covered the sky and, below, gloomy shadows and cold air filled gardens, formerly warm from tropical climate. Fearful of the threat, huge dinosaurs stumbled in the murky light. Around them, smaller creatures scurried into garden thickets. Lightning flashed as thunder struck earth with a terrifying roar. Creatures eternal party with God and His angels was over. They struggled in a new world, one torn by nature’s fury. Volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, capricious weather and storms were now commonplace. Without God’s presence, the world had become a very dangerous place.

Now, free to roam, Satan turned his wrath on God’s creatures. Satan was prone to cruel outbursts and sadistically treatment of the creatures. They had to make painful adjustments in a forsaken world. Satan terrorized them indulging in vicious attacks and cruel seductions. To end the horror, God made a large asteroid hit earth causing the dinosaurs and many other creatures to become extinct.
then HaSatan created man...And it got worse...

Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Let's not forget the Pentateuch was written by a man trained in all the wisdom of Egypt.
The majority of the New Testament was written by Paul, trained under Gamaliel.
Some of the Old Testament was written by one of the wisest men ever; Solomon.
Some were written by kings.
Some were written by prophets.

And let's not forget what the original post is about. The bible does not say dinosaurs were in the garden of Eden. They may have been but it just doesn't say.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:43 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
No there will not be dinosaurs in Paradise , as these creatures where of the reptiles kind with similar body structure as the birds like the raptor birds ........These species are lost when the earth was destroyed many times before man .......So if God still has the spirit of these animals , we probably never know ,not in this time or the time to come , as God has secrets which He may never reveal to man , as the purpose is for God and His

Old 10-27-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Let's not forget the Pentateuch was written by a man trained in all the wisdom of Egypt.
The majority of the New Testament was written by Paul, trained under Gamaliel.
Some of the Old Testament was written by one of the wisest men ever; Solomon.
Some were written by kings.
Some were written by prophets.

And let's not forget what the original post is about. The bible does not say dinosaurs were in the garden of Eden. They may have been but it just doesn't say.
According to Genesis the animals are not named, just humans. In my statement I propose that paradise happened before humans evolved. I didn't make reference to the Genesis story because I don't believe it. I believe paradise happened during the dinosaur era.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:29 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
According to Genesis the animals are not named, just humans. In my statement I propose that paradise happened before humans evolved. I didn't make reference to the Genesis story because I don't believe it. I believe paradise happened during the dinosaur era.
So you don't believe a record of the event, but you believe a completely fictitious account of your own devising?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity