Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:11 PM

258 posts, read 238,678 times

Advertisements

Everyone focuses on the dozens of theories of how the dinosaurs became extinct. The most popular and widely recognized theory involves asteroid/comet impacting the earth.

However, the biggest question that people overlook is Where Did the Dinosaurs come from?

When push comes to shove some will say they came from Archosaurs. But Archosaurs is just a giant classification of animals that includes dinosaurs.

The fossil record is devastating regarding the origin of dinosaurs considering the intact record shows these great reptiles in their same dinosauria form.

I've seen those point to a creature such as Eoraptor which itself was a dinosaur and a 3 foot tall specimen at that. If one or two similar creatures are traced to all dinosaurs, the link is certainly more imagined and assumed than actually revealed in the fossil record.

The difficultly in physiologically making those dramatic body plan changes combined with the complete lack of evidence for this occurrence is devastating for evolutionists.

Any hear want to take a crack at defending it?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
Everyone focuses on the dozens of theories of how the dinosaurs became extinct. The most popular and widely recognized theory involves asteroid/comet impacting the earth.

However, the biggest question that people overlook is Where Did the Dinosaurs come from?

When push comes to shove some will say they came from Archosaurs. But Archosaurs is just a giant classification of animals that includes dinosaurs.

The fossil record is devastating regarding the origin of dinosaurs considering the intact record shows these great reptiles in their same dinosauria form.

I've seen those point to a creature such as Eoraptor which itself was a dinosaur and a 3 foot tall specimen at that. If one or two similar creatures are traced to all dinosaurs, the link is certainly more imagined and assumed than actually revealed in the fossil record.

The difficulty in physiologically making those dramatic body plan changes combined with the complete lack of evidence for this occurrence is devastating for evolutionists.

Mods, please move this to the science forum. This is not a philosophy question.

I hardly know where to begin with such an ill informed and idiotic post. The fossil record of dinosaurs is quite comprehensive. Your understanding of evolution, not so much. Where do you find such incredibly inaccurate information? I suggest you find new sources that reflect actual knowledge.

Last edited by Sizzly Friddle; 06-08-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times
Quote:

The difficultly in physiologically making those dramatic body plan changes combined with the complete lack of evidence for this occurrence is devastating for evolutionists.

Posts like this make my brain hurt! How could one be SO ignorant?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Let's look instead at the extensive account we have about dinosaurs in the Bible. Oh wait...

Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
So, "In the beginning, God created dinosaurs". What did the dinosaurs create?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
But, here is the God problem. You want to assert that every creature is perfect, created by God for its purpose in His creation? OK, let's run with that.

Explain why God thought it was such a good idea for the complex skeletal structure to be analogous, the same combination of bones in the same relationship to each other, in the bat's wing, the seal's flipper, the hippopotamus' foreleg, and the chimpanzee's hand, if they all have such a different purpose and were each created to perform its function perfectly, independent of the other mammals?

How could these not have been "dramatic body plan changes", that occurred long after the prototype?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 AM

5,483 posts, read 3,923,585 times
Quote:

I don't know anything about the evolutionary lineage of dinosaurs, and I don't especially know how well said lineage is understood by paleontologists and other experts or would-be experts (although Wikipedia would indicate that the answer is "not known"). That said, do you realize how inconsequential such ignorance is (on multiple levels, but I'll stick with the level that is germane to the discussion)? Look up the number of biological species that have ever existed (between 1 and 4 billion, according to one source--massive margin of error there, heh). Look up the number of common ancestors for that massive number of species (even given the low end of the wide spectrum, 1 billion) that have either been established or hypothesized (as some common ancestors are unknown and will forever remain unknown...yes there will always be an incredible number of "missing links", no matter how perfect our knowledge of the information available to us--some information will remain unavailable to us, due to the past cataclysms and practical geological inaccessibility of fossils and whatnot). Do you think we have knowledge about the evolution of every species? Lol. I'd actually be interested in knowing the percentage of species that have been known to exist for which we have an understanding of how the species evolved.

As for dinosaurs specifically, there existed over 1,000 species of non-avian dinosaurs (and given the 10k living species of birds, all of whom descended from dinosaurs, one can obviously add some avian dinosaur species to that total). Do you understand the complexity of the math involved here, to try to establish every single one of these lineages? It's a family tree that applies to every f*cking organism that's ever existed. So, while I (along with no one alive, to my knowledge) have no answers to offer regarding the specific issue you raised in your OP, I hope I've added some perspective about which to think about these things. Think in terms of the grand scale, and any given question about minutiae becomes meaningless. You're best served wondering/learning about the genetic mechanisms involved behind all life rather than offering undue concern about the innumerable symptoms of said genes (those symptoms being the organisms that are produced because of those all-powerful genes...and they truly are innumerable if all individual organisms are accounted for...I've seen estimates of the alltime human population in the 110-120 billion range...then we have 1 billion-4 billion other species to account for...do the math...rhetorically (because obviously the number of individuals for any given species varies dramatically)).

Life is absurd yet entirely non-absurd (mechanistic), stop contesting those seemingly paradoxical truths.

Last edited by Matt Marcinkiewicz; 07-02-2013 at 04:08 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
The documentary called The History of the World in 2 hours explans it.

This is the segment on it.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,600,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The documentary called The History of the World in 2 hours explans it.

This is the segment on it.

You are a wellspring of knowledge. I have been reading your post even as I struggle to solidify my own views.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:36 PM

258 posts, read 238,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
As for dinosaurs specifically, there existed over 1,000 species of non-avian dinosaurs (and given the 10k living species of birds, all of whom descended from dinosaurs, one can obviously add some avian dinosaur species to that total). Do you understand the complexity of the math involved here, to try to establish every single one of these lineages?
As the case with most answers in defense of evolution one is met with a series of diversions and distortions away from the original question.

No one is saying that evolution should be able to trace the lineage of EVERY SPECIES that has ever existed in order to be plausible.

The problem is we aren't talking about "every single one" of these lineages we're talking about ANY single one. See that's the misnomer when people use phrases such as "missing link". It gives a picture like there is a puzzle with only a few pieces missing.

In reality, the evolutionary tree is missing it's entire branches.

We're not talking about tracing "ALL" dinosaurs we're talking about tracing the roots of "ANY" dinosaurs

And another diversionary tactic that's been used here is to take eyes off the fact that in the transition from one species to another there should actually be more iterations BETWEEN the species. In the same way that there are much more models between a car made now and 30 years ago than the two separate cars from a span of that time. Same for computers or any other technology.

The species in transition should actually mathematically outnumber the species that are currently categorized

But back to the main point which is that there is no trace of any ancestor to dinosaurs nor explanation for such a genetic shift. And to dismiss it as immaterial given the massive size of dinosaurs, well just like any other massive area of lack of information, I guess that's the gift of the hand waving of the PR department of evolution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology