Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:17 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,840 times

Advertisements

Everybody been a sweety before but who believe 2 Cor. 6 ?

Everybody been a lover before but who believe John 4:24 when society says to honor a pagan holiday
on Dec. 25 ?

Everybody going to be a sweety but who believe 1 Timothy 6 ?

Everybody going to be a lover but who believe John 3:5 ?

Everybody been a sweety before but who believe 2 Peter 1:20-21 ?

Everybody been a lover before but who believe James 5:20 ?

Everybody excited about being a sweety sometime but who believe Romans 12:17 ?

Everybody excited about being a lover sometime but who believe 1 Peter 2:17 ?

Everybody a big fan of being a sweety but who believe Matthew 5:17-20 ?

Everybody a big fan of being a lover but who believe Matthew 7:6 ?

Everybody say the sweety life is the real life but who living out Matthew 10:34-37 ?

Everybody say the lover life is the real life but who living out Luke 6:26 ?

Everybody want to get dressed up on the town for a sweety but who believe 1 Peter 4:1-4 ?

Everybody want to get dressed up on the town for a lover but who believe Proverbs 20:1 ?

Everybody want to fit into society for being a sweety but who believe Amos 3:3 ?

Everybody want to fit into society for being a lover but who believe 2 Thess. 3:10 ?

Everybody a sweety for a problem free society but who believe James 3:2 ?

Everybody a lover for a problem free society but who believe John 5:39 ?

Everybody say a sweety not too legal but who believe 2 Timothy 3:16 ?

Everybody say a lover not too legal but who believe 1 John 2:15 ?

Everybody say a sweety got common sense but who believe Jeremiah 10:23 ?

Everybody say a lover got common sense but who believe Jeremiah 17:9 ?

Everybody say a sweety into positive optimistic thinking but who believe Romans 12:3 ?

Everybody say a lover into positive optimistic thinking but who believe John 8:44 ?

Everybody say a sweety a people person but who believe Ephesians 4:14 ?

Everybody say a lover a people person but who believe John 17:9 ?

Everybody say a sweety is so teachable but who believe Psalms 1 ?

Everybody say a lover is so teachable but who believe 1 John 2:27 ?

Everybody say a sweety got a good role model but who believe Psalms 8:4 ?

Everybody say a lover got a good role model but who believe Colossians 2:8 ?

Everybody say a sweety got the magic touch to hear God but who believe Romans 10:17 ?

Everybody say a lover got the magic touch to hear God but who believe John 8:31 ?

Everybody say a sweety set some good goals but who believe Psalms 119:105 ?

Everybody say a lover set some good goals but who believe Acts 17:28 ?

Everybody say a sweety got a disciplined life well but who believe Matthew 4:4 ?

Everybody say a lover got a disciplined life well but who believe Ephesians 5:22-23 ?

Everybody say a sweety want to work for Jesus but who believe 1 Timothy 2:9-14 ?

Everybody say a lover want to work for Jesus but who believe Luke 3:14 ?

Everybody say a sweety about being a blessing but who believe 1 Cor. 9:14 ?

Everybody say a lover about being a blessing but who believe Galations 1:8-9 ?

Everybody say a sweety a holy virgin but who believe Romans 7:2-3 ?

Everybody say a lover a holy virgin but who believe 1 Timothy 5:9 ?

Everybody say a sweety speaking to God in tongues but who believe all of 1 Cor. 14 ?

Everybody say a lover speaking to God in tongues but who believe Romans 11:29 ?

Everybody say a sweety into having a 30 year marriage but who believe all of 1 Cor. 7 ?

Everybody say a lover into having a 30 year marriage but who believe 1 Timothy 5:8 when society
says it's okay to raise a family on a poverty income ?

Everybody say a sweety into the big dream life but who believe Luke 12:15 ?

Everybody say a lover getting the bills paid but who believe Hebrews 4 ?

Everybody say a sweety got a higher calling of God on their life but who believe Romans 13:1 when
society says if God makes you a deacon or bishop in office that's good enough ?

Everybody say a lover got their belief in God right automatically but who believe John 8:24 when society says you can believe in 3 upstairs in heaven and still please God ?

Everybody say a sweety can stay lukewarm and not hurt people's feelings all the time but who
believe 1 Thess. 5:12 when it's the odd ball thing to do today ?

Everybody say a sweety wants to avoid Romans 6:1 before we offend the grace only teaching but who
believe Romans 6:1 anyway ?

Everybody say a lover got a mind of their own and not a robot for God all the time but who believe
John 14:26 anyway ?

If people take legalism too far in Christianity it's rarely over stuff like what ?

Like Christian women having dresses on only ?

Like Christians giving up seculiar music to be spiritually holy ?

Like Christians giving up their life of dancing like before ?

Like Christians being banned from giving blood to the Red Cross ?

Like Christians being tongue talkers to have a resume for heaven ?

Like Christians being banned from having electricity ?

Like Christians covering up and giving up shorts and sleeveless tops ?

The meat and potato bible issues is daily about what ?

People mocking 1 Cor. 11 ?

People mocking Romans 7:2-3 ?

People mocking some of 1 Cor. 7 ?

People mocking Ephesians 5:22-23 ?

People mocking 1 Timothy 6 ?

People mocking 2 Timothy 3:16 ?

People mocking Proverbs 20:1 ?

Peoople mocking 2 Peter 1:20-21 ?

People mocking 1 Peter 3:3 ?

No wonder it's time to live out what ?

How about Psalms 133:1 ?

How about 1 Thess. 5:12 ?

How about 2 Cor. 6 ?

How about Matthew 7:6 ?

How about Ephesians 4:14 ?

How about Amos 3:3 ?

How about Matthew 15:14 ?

How about John 17:21 ?

How about John 17:9 ?

How about Ephesians 4:5 ?

How about Titus 3:10 ?

How about Colossians 2:8 ?

How about Psalms 1 ?

HOW WE FIT IN-----1 Thess. 5:12 and 2 Cor. 6 and Psalms 133:1 and Amos 3:3 and Ephesians 4:14 and Psalms 1, etc. , etc. ?

Last edited by tonytonytony; 11-16-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 11:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
And to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19

You mean the same love of God that surpasses your beliefs, doctrines and whatever bible you read ?.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Abide in my love.

You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love.

If you abide in me and my word abides in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple.

"Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me.
I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

Old 11-16-2014, 12:47 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Sometimes I am shocked by what Jesus or Paul says, I think,'' Wait a min, that aint right.''

Makes me think.

Expel the Immoral Brother
I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.

That is a very hard saying to me.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

Everybody been a lover before but who believe John 4:24 when society says to honor a pagan holiday
on Dec. 25 ?

Everybody going to be
?

Born ~ {first and 7th month}Tishri 14-15

Circumcised on Shemini Atzereth, the 8th day.

Died ~{first and 7th} Nissan 14

Born ~{first and 7th} Nissan 17

The first month is the 7th month, and the 7th month is the first month.

During Passover, I wonder if it is Sukkot.

During Pentecost, I wonder if it is Shemini Atzereth.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sometimes I am shocked by what Jesus or Paul says, I think,'' Wait a min, that aint right.''

Makes me think.

I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.

Doing so shows Godly love.

By removal, people cannot scoff at God as tolerating unrepentant sinners, protecting God's name (Matt 6:9). This shows the congregations love for God.

Love for the unrepentant sinner, as he has his sin exposed and is disciplined with the idea they may learn from the discip0line how far from God's love they have gone.

Love for the Congregation by protecting members from being impacted by the sin or drawn into it.

Today man calls it tough love. God has always know about it.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19

You mean the same love of God that surpasses your beliefs, doctrines and whatever bible you read ?.
I guess so.

In general, I don't think people allow love to take us nearly far enough.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Doing so shows Godly love.

By removal, people cannot scoff at God as tolerating unrepentant sinners, protecting God's name (Matt 6:9). This shows the congregations love for God.

Love for the unrepentant sinner, as he has his sin exposed and is disciplined with the idea they may learn from the discip0line how far from God's love they have gone.

Love for the Congregation by protecting members from being impacted by the sin or drawn into it.

Today man calls it tough love. God has always know about it.

Yeah, when you read what Solomon writes, he says one thing and gives an example, and then later, he gives the same example with a different outcome.

Like, '' Never do this to a fool.''

Then, Do this to a fool.

It's always teaching perspective on any individual case, confuses me.

I still can't imagine telling some one ,'' I will not eat with you.''

And still, I look back at times when it was he or me.

That the two of us could not be under the same roof, and I would see to it.

It's a hard saying though,'' I will not eat with you.''

Old 11-16-2014, 05:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:

It's a hard saying though,'' I will not eat with you.''
But better than saying "I will join you, ignoring your sin, and let others think they can do it too with no repercussions". Not easy, but easier than in effect encouraging them in wrong doing.

I did not like sending my daughter to her room when she was bad, but she is a very kind and loving person today.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Makes me think.

I see this as the OPPOSITE of what Jesus said. When it was said as you do unto the LEAST of these you do to me..

Jesus hung out with SINNERS

Jesus says: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." He proclaims His purpose is to call sinners to repentance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity