Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:09 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,484 times

Advertisements

I come here and scroll through these debates and wonder how many are actually enjoying the salvation we have been given? Salvation is as much a gift for us in this present world (I dare say perhaps even more precious) than it could ever be in the world to come where you no longer rely on it for all your needs since in the world to come there will be no needs or lack or struggle. I think that sounds enjoyable as well, but I do believe the gift of salvation is more precious to us on this side of the grave, yet it seems like a lot of people are not even able to access and enjoy all that God has given to us in Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 07:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I come here and scroll through these debates and wonder how many are actually enjoying the salvation we have been given? Salvation is as much a gift for us in this present world (I dare say perhaps even more precious) than it could ever be in the world to come where you no longer rely on it for all your needs since in the world to come there will be no needs or lack or struggle. I think that sounds enjoyable as well, but I do believe the gift of salvation is more precious to us on this side of the grave, yet it seems like a lot of people are not even able to access and enjoy all that God has given to us in Christ.
Every once in awhile you come out with a classic. This one bears repeating.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:52 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Every once in awhile you come out with a classic. This one bears repeating.
Thank you, Nate. I just sense that people spend so much time debating about the minutia that they are forfeiting the joy of the journey.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:00 PM

518 posts, read 470,350 times
Lovin' every minute of it!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
The Lord's salvation is my joy and His righteousness is my blessing.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Are you enjoying your salvation?

Couldn't be healthier!
Thanks for asking.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:16 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,030,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Yes, I do enjoy Him. There is some 'effort' required to crucify the flesh, but it bears a great reward in the inner man.

When changed into His likeness (on the other side) - the reward of the redeemed, I agree, we will not have any struggle or trial anymore, praise God! I marvel at how God is still going to present that trial to those who will yet require purification and faith, when His reality and unconditional acceptance is right before them - there must still exist the temptation and means to 'sin', for those not redeemed.

P.S. its not my intention to write like Yoda talks, but we have in our house the lego version of star wars been watching.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:58 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,815,278 times
John 15:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:45 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
I am enjoying seeing a transformation by the renewal of the mind which to me is the great salvation that is neglected.

Transformed from thinking out of darkness to thinking out of light, and the biggest transformation taking place within is the salvation from years of deep seeded wrong beliefs about the nature and character of God.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,930,818 times
Yes, of course I enjoy my salvation. What is there not to enjoy?

If God is for us, who can be against us?
Ro 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Ro 8:33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Ro 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
Ro 8:36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
Ro 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity