Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:12 PM

364 posts, read 765,846 times

Advertisements

Do you believe they can appear in some form etc....

I mean my mother step mom one day was coming down the stairs she told me this story that happen to her before me born.

she saw this black shadow thing holdering a hatchet.

She scream Jesus and the thing ran right through the door I mean the door did not open she saw it run through it.

Jesus came to her call.

Does anyone else have storyies about how jesus came to your call when satan in anyway try to attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 12:14 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,489 times
I really dont have a story but I believe they are real.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 PM

364 posts, read 765,846 times
Mine story is when I was younger homealone I felt this evil I thought was a demon. i go so scares it made me cry but when my mom came home I ran to her and she pray and it went away I did not see the demon but I could sense it

Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,459 times
I have also felt the power of a real, evil force. Check out this thread for some people's stories... https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...62-demons.html

Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 PM

292 posts, read 933,916 times
After being baptised in the Holy Spirit I began to feel the presence of demons and felt them looking at me. I shared this during a 12 step meeting. Afterwards a woman came up to me saying she'd been raised in a cult but had been set free and became a Spirit filled born again Christian. She told me that if I felt them and felt they were watching me then they probably were. That there is a gift called the gift of discernment were you can sense them.
Since then I not only have sensed them but see them as well. It used to make me VERY afraid until I learned more about the authority we have in Christ Jesus as believers.
One example I have. Our then teenage daughter had a tough night. She had been very rebellious, etc. I felt to sleep on the couch which was closer to her bedroom so I could be aware of anything that went on in the night. I was woke up to seeing a spirit (demon) sneaking in our front door and trying to walk past me to get to my daughter's room. I instantly "knew" it was a spirit of suicide and I stood up and began to take authority over it, saying something like, " In the name of Jesus you stop right there and you get out our our house! Now!" It went!
I didn't tell my family about that because I knew none of them would understand and I think it was quite awhile before I told anyone about it. After that I saw things...and feel they were lessons set up by God to teach me how to deal with them and the other things which would follow.

Greater is he that is in us, then he that is in the world.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,137 times
Ditto to all the above! Some people when they come into my presence I get that warning to get going immediately ! I have even on many occasions sense the same thing and would tell my dh not to trust certain individuals with his work, before he retired.
The Lord always gives discernment!
He has always given me confirmation that it diffinitely was a warning and evil is present.
Not always immediately but it does come sooner or later to let me know.
So I don't even question the discernment when it comes.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 PM

Speaking of discernment, sometimes I have turned movies off because I felt I could just "feel" something was just not right about them, also I have had the same feeling when around certain people just as curlythecosmo said, I cant explain it, but I just KNOW thats something isnt right.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Speaking of discernment, sometimes I have turned movies off because I felt I could just "feel" something was just not right about them, also I have had the same feeling when around certain people just as curlythecosmo said, I cant explain it, but I just KNOW thats something isnt right.
I've had this with movies and books especially!
Here is a story that happen to me last year!!! Their is this individual my dh and I know and last year we happen to be at some other people home we know and he happened to be there. I got the most awful evil spirit came near me.
I looked at my husband after we got into our car and said, there is something not right and dangerous about him. Three months later as he was back in Washington, he was arrested for rape and possible intention to harm, because he had a gun on him. Wow!! Talk about confirmation! That is why I listen up!!! The Lord has even named the evil spirit in my mind that is near also!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-09-2008 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I've had this with movies and books especially!
Here is a story that happen to me last year!!! Their is this individual my dh and I know and last year we happen to be at some other people we know and he happened to be there.
I was helping my BIl move some furniture and the house we were moving it into had a movie on..and they were letting their very young children watch it..I cant explain what I felt inside..just the feeling to get away..I actually felt like i was being twisted on the inside if that makes any sense..just literally sick.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I was helping my BIl move some furniture and the house we were moving it into had a movie on..and they were letting their very young children watch it..I cant explain what I felt inside..just the feeling to get away..I actually felt like i was being twisted on the inside if that makes any sense..just literally sick.
Yes, I don't know if you read my post before this one! It tells a story about what I experienced one time. We must have been typing at the same time. When the Lord started giving me discernment I got feelings like you. Then as time went on I would ask Him to show me the spirit so that I could pray against it. I believe that is why He gives me the name of the spirit most of the time.
I have been driving and had to pull over because He has brought individuals to my heart to pray for because of some evil.
One night my son when he was in high school had a football game that was in another town well the Lord woke me up about 1:25 am I had a awful feeling something was wrong. The Lord wanted me to pray till I was released from the burden.
The next day my son called to tell me he and one the parents of his friend and others in the car were in a wreck. The boys didn't want to ride the bus back. Well the mother was really tired and so my son was driving (and mind you they just got a new car). He hit a deer and total the car. And the Highway patrol said, they don't know how they got out of it not hurt.
We know!!! I asked my son when did this happen? He said, about 1:30am!!!
God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity