Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:10 PM

479 posts, read 1,142,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
Do you believe they can appear in some form etc....

I mean my mother step mom one day was coming down the stairs she told me this story that happen to her before me born.

she saw this black shadow thing holdering a hatchet.

She scream Jesus and the thing ran right through the door I mean the door did not open she saw it run through it.

Jesus came to her call.

Does anyone else have storyies about how jesus came to your call when satan in anyway try to attack?
There's too much concentration and glorification on 'denoms' nowadays..and what they can do. I think the Word put's it best when he says the following:

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

All power and authority is God ordained, and what he giveth - he can easily take away from anyone. We as Christians(myself included) need to stop focusing on what the "evil principalities" can do..but more so on what the Lord has already done - and that is subject all authority under his foot. If we put all of our fear and reverence in God, and not on anything else - Then many of the problems we have whether they be sinful thoughts, sexual sin, lying etc - will be a thing of the past - and the Devil and his cohorts will no longer be able to get a foothold over us. It's a daily struggly, but through the Grace of God - we'll make it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 03:18 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,275,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
There's too much concentration and glorification on 'denoms' nowadays..and what they can do. I think the Word put's it best when he says the following:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

All power and authority is God ordained, and what he giveth - he can easily take away from anyone. We as Christians(myself included) need to stop focusing on what the "evil principalities" can do..but more so on what the Lord has already done - and that is subject all authority under his foot. If we put all of our fear and reverence in God, and not on anything else - Then many of the problems we have whether they be sinful thoughts, sexual sin, lying etc - will be a thing of the past - and the Devil and his cohorts will no longer be able to get a foothold over us. It's a daily struggly, but through the Grace of God - we'll make it there.
I agree! As Christians, we have nothing to fear from demons, altho we should recognize that it is because of the power of God in us, not our own strength. With God, we can be more than conquerors!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:23 PM

364 posts, read 766,268 times
Quote:

and this is the whole point of this thread for people to tell there story on how jesus came to their call and what he done over the power of satan

Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
and this is the whole point of this thread for people to tell there story on how jesus came to their call and what he done over the power of satan
AMEN!! There is no focusing! I speak for my self. But He does give us warnings to protect us and others! The devil has no foothold on my life!! And the Lord Jesus does give us discernment to protect us. He also tells us to test the spirits that do come our way. We can not be ignorant, but wise. Evil is real and we need to be aware of our surroundings. And listening to His Holy Spirit warnings I believe is very important. Because of Him giving the warnings it has saved my life on many occasions.
Now as far a sexual sin or lying and so forth, I believe those individuals have opened and gave themselves to that. It all starts in the mind. They open their will to it to harass them. Can't blame that on the devil and demons. The individual has entertained those spirits.
I also believe by sharing not focusing it does help others out of fear that may be experiencing something and to turn and trust the Lord Jesus! Because they don't understand and God will give them peace.
God Bless!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-09-2008 at 05:16 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,503,128 times
Quote:

Amen to that..very well said!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 PM

13 posts, read 30,748 times
No, we don't need to focus there. But just like curlythecosmo said, we need to listen to the Holy Spirit and honor Him in our lives. He does give those the gift of discernment to intercede for the believers who maybe struggling with this kind of thing. And also to protect us!
God did give us a mind to use wisely! We are His arms, legs, hands, and yes sometimes our wisdom from experiences to help others in their time of need. We live in a evil time. We do all need that kind of discernment with the Lords help. Just like cg81 said, He is our strength.
God Bless!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 AM

292 posts, read 934,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
AMEN!! There is no focusing! I speak for my self. But He does give us warnings to protect us and others! The devil has no foothold on my life!! And the Lord Jesus does give us discernment to protect us. He also tells us to test the spirits that do come our way. We can not be ignorant, but wise. Evil is real and we need to be aware of our surroundings. And listening to His Holy Spirit warnings I believe is very important. Because of Him giving the warnings it has saved my life on many occasions.
Now as far a sexual sin or lying and so forth, I believe those individuals have opened and gave themselves to that. It all starts in the mind. They open their will to it to harass them. Can't blame that on the devil and demons. The individual has entertained those spirits.
I also believe by sharing not focusing it does help others out of fear that may be experiencing something and to turn and trust the Lord Jesus! Because they don't understand and God will give them peace.
God Bless!
Yes! When I was first learning there even was such a thing as demons and then started feeling them, and then seeing them I wanted to learn why I was having this. I began to ask questions at my church. People one after the other said for me to not focus on this but only on God. The Truth of it was, it was the Lord who was putting his finger on this for me. He was teaching me that I had the gift of discernment and that he was teaching me how to use it.
When the Lord gives gifts, he also has to teach us how to use them. He does this by giving us experiences and teaching us through those experiences.
It helped me in the past to also hear of others having similar experiences. I learned alot by what they did to overcome.
I don't feel God is displeased by this subject. We are learning to walk as Jesus walked when he was on this earth. For Jesus also cast out demons thus setting people free!
The Lord is so good to warn us about things. When he warns us, or reveals things to us, that also means he will shortly be coming behind that with the solution.
God is good!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:57 AM

292 posts, read 934,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latte'lady View Post
No, we don't need to focus there. But just like curlythecosmo said, we need to listen to the Holy Spirit and honor Him in our lives. He does give those the gift of discernment to intercede for the believers who maybe struggling with this kind of thing. And also to protect us!
God did give us a mind to use wisely! We are His arms, legs, hands, and yes sometimes our wisdom from experiences to help others in their time of need. We live in a evil time. We do all need that kind of discernment with the Lords help. Just like cg81 said, He is our strength.
God Bless!
Yes! ~amen!~

Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 AM

134 posts, read 507,416 times
When I was a teenager, I was watching the movie EXCORCIST- I was fast forwarding the part where the religious statute of Mary has the hornes sticking out of it (I found that grusome), well as I fast forward, the TV went snowy like. Then I saw 2 big scary eyes stick out of the TV. It wasn't in the TV, it was 3D like. Well, at that moment I thought AM I IMAGINING THIS. Well, I was with a friend that doesn't believe in anything and asked "do you see what I see." She said "What those 2 eyes on the TV" Well, we both screamed and ran out the house. We had shivers.

I have had other experiences with discernment and have seen God work in various situation, I have to say that as strongly as I believe in God, his mighty works and his power, I strongly believe and have seen where evil exist.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:07 AM

320 posts, read 955,074 times
Well demons are real but we should not fear them....

It was thankgiving morning of 07'. I was sleeping and i had a dream that i was driving my aunt home. All of a sudden there was this powerful force that took over my steering wheel....I freaked out because the force was invisible. It started to push my aunt down in the back seat and it conquered her. She had no power to fight against it. Suddenly i couldn't see outside the window anymore. The demon seemed to have blinded me. Then it started to pull my seat back (whille the car was still moving). I was trying to scream for Jesus but it held my mouth and my speech was slurred. I was literally fighting this thing for a really really long time(i know that during this time the holy spirit was interceding for me). Finally, after a long struggle of calling on the name of Jesus, i started taking back control little by little. I put the car in park and then the demon attacked me with all its force...it started to strangle me . I could hardly breathe....i tried screaming the name of Jesus and kept on trying and trying and trying. (I realized that this was a dream while i was still in the dream...i tried to wake up but didn't have the power to!) I then screamed it at the top of my lungs "Jesus help me!" Then this bright light appeared and i was set free and then i suddenly woke up in tears.
But it proved to me that Jesus is stronger then anything out there.

It was the most scariest experience that i have ever been through in my whole life and never wish anything like this upon anyone else. But if you do experience something similar to this, call upon the name of Jesus becuase he will come to your rescue

i know that this was a demon because it tried attacking me again but it had no power to. i believe it was trying to stop me from getting closer to GOD. I realized that the more commited you are to the LOrd, the more the devil trys to make you fall and enstill a spirit of fear. BUt GOD will ALWAYS prevail. GOd did NOT give us a spirit of fear. He is almighty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity